HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player 31 shuts the door, Habs win 3-1! Series tied 1-1!

Old
05-04-2013, 01:06 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

vCash: 500
What the ****??? 25stanley uploaded my GIF to their page without giving me any creds...

http://25stanley.com/gif-ryan-white-...medium=twitter

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze*: 05-04-2013 at 01:25 AM.
PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:07 AM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
Subban also didn't get the ice time that Karlsson got (28-30+ min a game vs Subban playing 20-23 min] until now.
Subban always had MUCH harder minutes than EK. EK isn't even trusted by his coach defensively he can't play defense the faster people see that the faster people will see subbans better. If I want someone who puts up points like karlson ill get a winger with his skill and a defenseman who can actually play defense thank you. [If I'm not mistaken karlson doesn't play on the pk and doesn't barely get any truly hard Ice time] if I'm proven wrong about this ill erase it but I'm
Not

Habs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:09 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
Subban always had MUCH harder minutes than EK. EK isn't even trusted by his coach defensively he can't play defense the faster people see that the faster people will see subbans better. If I want someone who puts up points like karlson ill get a winger with his skill and a defenseman who can actually play defense thank you. [If I'm not mistaken karlson doesn't play on the pk and doesn't barely get any truly hard Ice time] if I'm proven wrong about this ill erase it but I'm
Not
Not true at all man , Karlsson does play tough minutes as well , you can't judge Karlsson on 2 games of being relatively quiet and the giveaway that lead to White's goal.
It's like if you judge P.K Subban on his performance from 2 years ago where he was doing spin-o-rama's every shift and making very costly turnovers ("growing pains").

Subban :

11-'12
MTL
81 7 29 36 9 119 205 3.4 5 9 0 1 0 -- 24:18
'12-'13
MTL
42 11 27 38 12 57 126 8.7 7 19 0 0 0 -- 23:15

Karlsson :

'11-'12
OTT
81 19 59 78 16 42 261 7.3 3 25 0 0 5 -- 25:19

'12-'13
OTT
17 6 8 14 8 8 79 7.6 2 2 1 0 2 -- 27:09 (less games played obviously)

Karlsson does play PK ... and Sens have a good PK % (league leading I believe?)

Last edited by Avim86: 05-04-2013 at 01:16 AM.
Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:10 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
What the ****??? 25stanley uploaded my GIF to their page giving me any creds...

http://25stanley.com/gif-ryan-white-...medium=twitter
Well done

I imagine there are a lot of people who lurk these boards. I remember when the board was brought up on the Chevy i-desk (before Petrillo with those two incredibly bland guys whose name I used to know but that my memory decided was a waste of space).

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:11 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Armstrong really impressed me tonight. Basically played how I wished Moen would.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:13 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

I don't know who Aaron Wrotkowski is but thank you! It'd be awesome if you post this link to prove that they ****ing stole it:

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps1a0a500c.gif

Old
05-04-2013, 01:16 AM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
just got home. great night to be a habs fan.

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:22 AM
habtastic

Quote:
I don't know who Aaron Wrotkowski is but thank you! It'd be awesome if you post this link to prove that they ****ing stole it:

Wait, confused, they DID or DIDN'T give you any credit? Cuz seemed like you said they did in the first post.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:24 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:

Got your back Pyretta.

Old
05-04-2013, 01:26 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Wait, confused, they DID or DIDN'T give you any credit? Cuz seemed like you said they did in the first post.
They didn't. Missed a word in my post.. It's late.

Edit: I tweeted them and they said "they didn't know it was mine.. you know how the internet works."

They said they'll fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
Got your back Pyretta.
Thanks! That site steals so much ****.. It's pathetic. Lots of creative stuff too. **** them.

Old
05-04-2013, 01:30 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:

Edit: I tweeted them and they said "they didn't know it was mine.. you know how the internet works."

Thanks! That site steals so much ****.. It's pathetic. Lots of creative stuff too. **** them.

Don't go to that site.
I watched their live feed of them during the Opening of Free Agency, most of it was complaining that they weren't credited for the Prust signing (irony), which I will admit they broke first.

Anyways I posted the link for all to see.

Old
05-04-2013, 01:42 AM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Ok I've had a few bur here goes:

1)Price has proven himself to be a player with both character and heart. So, so happy to have him play this well. It should help his confidence so much!

2)We outhit them, but we seemed to still play our game. This is important because we're not changing our approach, only increasing our intensity.

3)Ryan White, that is the Ryan White that kicked boychuk's ass, is back. This guy is an important piece and he cares so much about playing his role. He's young and he seems willing to do anything for the team. To me this means he will learn to perfect toeing the line and it will result in a great middleweight/agitator.

4)Gallagher is a god

5)Prust wearing the 'A' was awesome to see

6)Hopefully that goal sparks Ryder. I think he's gonna heat up soon

7)Tinordi is a beast

8)Plekanec is just unreal at the dirtywork. The guy is an absolute soldier. Never complains, plays hard, and competes. Such an underrated player league wide

9)Subban again one-ups Karlsson. Special player

10)MT got the guys to react the right way and I think they'll continue sunday

GO GO!!!!

StellerEller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:44 AM
Avim86

Quote:

That's not cool to just take someone's work and not even give credit. Is it hard to add watermark to your gifs so people can't take credit for your work.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:44 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
Don't go to that site.
I watched their live feed of them during the Opening of Free Agency, most of it was complaining that they weren't credited for the Prust signing (irony), which I will admit they broke first.

Anyways I posted the link for all to see.
Oh my god your comment... So, so perfect. Thank you.

I really hope they start crediting people for everything they upload. They don't even use the original link, they just directly upload the content to their website and use their own URL. GIFs aren't a big deal but uploading creative images/videos without giving credit to the creator is just downright wrong.

Old
05-04-2013, 01:48 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Just finished watching the game off PVR. This is the Habs team that needs to show up every night. The superlatives have been handed out by others on the thread.

One of the things the injuries have done is forced Therrien to inject sandpaper into the lineup. Healthy, ready, sandpaper with pent up energy. This isn't what Ottawa expected. They looked worn and confused in the 3rd.

Everything is still up for grabs, which is better than the alternative scenario - series basically done after game 2. Total effort tonight, do this 3 to 5 more times and the series can be won.

Special note about Price, because he gets so much attention on the losses. Kevin Weekes said in the intermission "Carey show me more of this" and motioned like he needed to see more "desperation". We saw some of that tonight and we need to see it, from this day forward regular season too.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 02:20 AM
Belenos

I am really happy for Diaz he could react like this. Good for his confidence.

Belenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:00 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
I like that Markov Subban pair... keep it.

Markov played a heck of a game. Always in position and blocked a few key shots that would have been dangerous scoring chances otherwise. One of his best games recently from a defensive POV.

Subban is Subban as usual.

Gallagher and Galchenyuk are amazing.

Kudos to Price. Hopefully now he keeps it up.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:25 AM
LucaGTI

I was the game. I don't know if television conveyed the absolute HORRID job that the refs did tonight. Honestly it was pathetic.

But wow... What a game!! Price turned on god mode. Gallagher has been in god mode for a while now (2 playoff goals?!) Prust looked fantastic with the A on his chest. White is one tough SOB! The strength this guy has... Wow. Tinordi is just a monster. Still needs to work on perfecting his passing.

And our PK?! Unreal. It looked like we were on the PP.

If we could perfect our PP, we would become a force to be reckoned with.

GO HABS GO! Great game!

Last edited by LucaGTI: 05-04-2013 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Spelling
LucaGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:35 AM
Dont Poke Subban

Such a great game by les boys! Thank god we're finally hitting Karlsson! Subban is always the number 1 target of other teams, so it just makes sense we do the same thing for Karlsson.

And it worked in game 2.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:49 AM
PricePkPatch

What I think makes the difference between Subban and Karlsson is that Karlsson doesn't seem to step up big during the playoffs.

I have NEVER seen Subban play sub-par in any playoff game. He ALWAYS step up, he always become one of the most dominant player on the ice.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:50 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:

They said they did not know who it was from. Pointless to go crazy about it.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 04:58 AM
Lions999

PK is the best in the league wouldn`t trade HIM for any other D. Karlsson very good offensive D but not even close to what PK brings to the table.

Lions999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 05:38 AM
Halifaxhab*

I went to the main board after the game to read the butt hurt. Aparently, the league conspires to let the habs win. We get all the calls, every bounce and the benefit of the doubt.

I was wondering....do we get a different feed on tv?

feels good man.

Seriously, after that game, PK obviously outplayed the turnover machine Jesus Karlsson. Price stepped up (dropped his teeth off ).

The whole team showed the fat bug eyed walrus that he should have shut his mouth. They are motivated now.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 05:40 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I went to the main board after the game to read the butt hurt. Aparently, the league conspires to let the habs win. We get all the calls, every bounce and the benefit of the doubt.

I was wondering....do we get a different feed on tv?

feels good man.

Seriously, after that game, PK obviously outplayed the turnover machine Jesus Karlsson. Price stepped up (dropped his teeth off ).

The whole team showed the fat bug eyed walrus that he should have shut his mouth. They are motivated now.
To be fair, I agree with Therrien that we shouldn't have had to "bounce back" from Thursday's game. It's not like we weren't trying damn hard.

It's just that McClean seems to have awaken the killer instinct that some of our players seemed to have lost. Bourque and White were dominant; Gorges and Diaz really, really, really improved their game.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 05:47 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions999 View Post
PK is the best in the league wouldn`t trade HIM for any other D. Karlsson very good offensive D but not even close to what PK brings to the table.
yeah anyone watching the series that has doubted that PK isn't special even amongst the best of the best has to be changing their opinion now. I think only Ovechkin plays with the intensity that PK's playing with right now. Can't think of anyone who else that comes close. Such a beast.

So nice that we have world class talent on this team finally.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote