HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bourque=Rodney Dangerfield

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2013, 03:30 AM
  #1
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,234
vCash: 500
Bourque=Rodney Dangerfield

Someone else on here might've already used that line on here.

I think it's time we give him his own thread.

He's been too good to be true in my bumbling opinion. This is the Bourque who was making us look stupid in the outdoor game a few years back.

It seems like he's for real at least for the rest of the playoffs. I hope he can keep this up for the majority of his contract. To tell you the truth, I wasn't even that ticked with him last year. I saw him hit a lot of posts, get robbed a bunch of times and steal a lot of pucks. The trade keeps looking better and better. Can't wait to see who we get with Calgary's second too! Go PG!!!!

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:35 AM
  #2
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,642
vCash: 500
As I said a few weeks back, Bourque's style of game can be a big asset in the playoffs. When he's engaged physically, it seems like the rest of his game just falls into place.

Guys who can bang and score are a premium in the nhl playoffs.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:52 AM
  #3
Guilliam
Registered User
 
Guilliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,960
vCash: 500
He looks so strong shen he's intense.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 04:38 AM
  #4
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,432
vCash: 500
I really believe he was dealing with depression the year he was traded. He looks confident, he talks confident and he plays like it.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 04:44 AM
  #5
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,266
vCash: 500
It would be nice to extend his contract for the same price if we can keep it low. He doesn't have many points to show for the effort so here's hoping.

Edit: Just realized we have him for 3 more years, nevermind that is great.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 05:01 AM
  #6
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
I really believe he was dealing with depression the year he was traded. He looks confident, he talks confident and he plays like it.
apparently he was playing with injury. could've been depressed too. who knows.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:24 AM
  #7
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,029
vCash: 500
Is he okay? The guy was a wrecking ball last night

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:28 AM
  #8
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Someone else on here might've already used that line on here.

I think it's time we give him his own thread.

He's been too good to be true in my bumbling opinion. This is the Bourque who was making us look stupid in the outdoor game a few years back.

It seems like he's for real at least for the rest of the playoffs. I hope he can keep this up for the majority of his contract. To tell you the truth, I wasn't even that ticked with him last year. I saw him hit a lot of posts, get robbed a bunch of times and steal a lot of pucks. The trade keeps looking better and better. Can't wait to see who we get with Calgary's second too! Go PG!!!!
agreed to get a guy that big for 3 mil locked up that provides us with much neded size is gold

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:32 AM
  #9
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Someone else on here might've already used that line on here.

I think it's time we give him his own thread.

He's been too good to be true in my bumbling opinion. This is the Bourque who was making us look stupid in the outdoor game a few years back.

It seems like he's for real at least for the rest of the playoffs. I hope he can keep this up for the majority of his contract. To tell you the truth, I wasn't even that ticked with him last year. I saw him hit a lot of posts, get robbed a bunch of times and steal a lot of pucks. The trade keeps looking better and better. Can't wait to see who we get with Calgary's second too! Go PG!!!!
very critical draft , we have solid skiiled guys in the funnell

we need to hit in the the first 4 picks , our biggest problem , players with size and jam

our bottom 6 is brutal most nights , and we need 2 big bodies in the top 6 to go with Bourque

now in free agancy if we land Clarkson and Bickell , most of our problems are solved
right now , but size and jam should be our priority at the draft

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:54 AM
  #10
TennisMenace
Registered User
 
TennisMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,664
vCash: 500
I was very excited when we traded small for big. Now we need to do two more of that. (DD and Gionta)

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:56 AM
  #11
TennisMenace
Registered User
 
TennisMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
very critical draft , we have solid skiiled guys in the funnell

we need to hit in the the first 4 picks , our biggest problem , players with size and jam

our bottom 6 is brutal most nights , and we need 2 big bodies in the top 6 to go with Bourque

now in free agancy if we land Clarkson and Bickell , most of our problems are solved
right now , but size and jam should be our priority at the draft
I like your thinking here. I hope Habs Mgt agrees.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:58 AM
  #12
Tusk
Registered User
 
Tusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 3,645
vCash: 500
I think that comparison could be made to the Habs in general.

But yeah, what Hackett said exactly.

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:07 AM
  #13
madhi19
Registered User
 
madhi19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cold and Dark place!
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,251
vCash: 500
That trade could go down as the biggest steal of the decade. Bourque, Holland and Calgary second (36) in this summer deep draft. It no wonder Gauthier could not wait until the end of the game he was worried that Feaster would sober up or change his mind! lolll

madhi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:13 AM
  #14
AmeriHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhi19 View Post
That trade could go down as the biggest steal of the decade. Bourque, Holland and Calgary second (36) in this summer deep draft. It no wonder Gauthier could not wait until the end of the game he was worried that Feaster would sober up or change his mind! lolll
At the time, I thought PG made a terrible trade, but it is nice to see this work. Bourque has played well all year except when he first came back


Last edited by AmeriHab: 05-04-2013 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Typo
AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:18 AM
  #15
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,577
vCash: 500
Great game for him last night. It would be really nice if we can see this from him for the rest of the playoffs. We need him to be physical and he definitely stepped it up last night.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:29 AM
  #16
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
I was very excited when we traded small for big. Now we need to do two more of that. (DD and Gionta)
Replacing small guys with big guys is not the be all and end all. I agree the team still needs to get a bit bigger...they are already a lot bigger up front than 2-3 years ago but got smaller on defense after Komisarek and O'byrne left plus now with Emelin out.

When DD and Gionta are surrounded by big guys they are very effective players.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:29 AM
  #17
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
very critical draft , we have solid skiiled guys in the funnell

we need to hit in the the first 4 picks , our biggest problem , players with size and jam

our bottom 6 is brutal most nights , and we need 2 big bodies in the top 6 to go with Bourque

now in free agancy if we land Clarkson and Bickell , most of our problems are solved
right now , but size and jam should be our priority at the draft
No. Talent and speed should be our priority at the draft. You don't draft for current weakness. It's idiotic to do so.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:32 AM
  #18
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
At the time, I thought PG made a terrible trade, but it is nice to see this work. Bourque has played well all year except when he first came back
That's pretty normal for concussion, guys coming back are usually pretty tenative and don't want any set backs. Other than those 5 games he's been a very strong asset this year using his size in the corners and driving the net, chipping in 8 goals despite the injury. His 3.3 mil cap hit is nice and cozy too.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:46 AM
  #19
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
No. Talent and speed should be our priority at the draft. You don't draft for current weakness. It's idiotic to do so.
with galchy , collberg , Bozon , Galagher, Eller, Kristo , Vail, Hudon etc...... we have a ton of talent and speed , we have crap secondary players and no size

at pick 25 Mackinnon isint going to fall on our lap my friend

yes you take talent over size but if a 220 pound potential 20 goal banger is there at 25 , u take him over a 180 lb marginally better skilled guy at this point

in the second and third rounds is where you find these Bickel `s , Troy Brauer types we so desperately need

simply put we arent winning anything until our secondary support players are upgraded , and more size on the top 6

u dont go to war with Moen , Colby , Dumont , etc...

this draft can fill those needs with our top 6 picks , if we chose that route

yes we look at skill but u can only have so many skilled players , many cant adjust and play bottom six roles

Look at the Bruins , when you have Paille, Thornton and Campbell on your fourth line and Kelly, Peverly on your third line to go with your skill and size on your top 6

thats whey they are contenders , solid mix

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:03 AM
  #20
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"
 
Habbybirthday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
I really believe he was dealing with depression the year he was traded. He looks confident, he talks confident and he plays like it.
I said that too.

I also thought that his concussion this year was also tied in with a bit of depression. Just get that feeling from him.

Habbybirthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:04 AM
  #21
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
No. Talent and speed should be our priority at the draft. You don't draft for current weakness. It's idiotic to do so.
Plus I don't see size as a big weakness(in the organisation), the NHL club is a bit small on defense but Emelin(injured) Tinordi(in development) Beaulieu Ellis Pateryn Didier Dietz etc are all on the way so drafting big d-men is just adding to an organisational strength.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:10 AM
  #22
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
with galchy , collberg , Bozon , Galagher, Eller, Kristo , Vail, Hudon etc...... we have a ton of talent and speed , we have crap secondary players and no size

at pick 25 Mackinnon isint going to fall on our lap my friend

yes you take talent over size but if a 220 pound potential 20 goal banger is there at 25 , u take him over a 180 lb marginally better skilled guy at this point

in the second and third rounds is where you find these Bickel `s , Troy Brauer types we so desperately need

simply put we arent winning anything until our secondary support players are upgraded , and more size on the top 6

u dont go to war with Moen , Colby , Dumont , etc...

this draft can fill those needs with our top 6 picks , if we chose that route

yes we look at skill but u can only have so many skilled players , many cant adjust and play bottom six roles

Look at the Bruins , when you have Paille, Thornton and Campbell on your fourth line and Kelly, Peverly on your third line to go with your skill and size on your top 6

thats whey they are contenders , solid mix
Go check how Boston acquired Thornton Paille and Campbell. They didn't cost high draft picks. Trying to draft depth bangers/grinders early in the draft would be mornic for the Habs. You NEVER have too much skill, because if you have extra it's great trade bait to add missing pieces to a contender or to get more high draft picks.

If you draft depth players you take them with late pick or sign them as FA's.

PLUS I don't find the Habs are hurting for thise type of players, if you look at last night Halpern White Moen and Prust all had strong games. If you need to add go the FA route or make a minor trade, but NEVER use premium picks on 4th liners...NEVER!!!

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:42 AM
  #23
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @Bloumeister
Posts: 6,044
vCash: 500
Bourque ≠ Rodney Dangerfield



Bourque = playoffs warrior


Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:50 AM
  #24
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,237
vCash: 500
Bourque has big time stepped up.

I don't think that in the past he's been unfairly maligned though.

Start of the year: Awesome, guess this year he has something to prove, feels at home with the Habs
Concussion...
Back from Concussion: Struggling to make passes and put the puck in but clearly skating his but off and putting pressure. Hands of stone.
Playoffs: So far, terrific

I still think he can take it up a notch. I remember the Heritage Classic when he scored two goals against us and also watching him in other Calgary games, the guy is also able to snipe and was actually known for his speed and wristshot. He's since kind of seen clumsy with the puck, not able to have great control over it with shots being just terribly off. Now that I'm seeing the rejuvenated Bourque, i really think (after that sick backhand) that he can be a legitimate force from outside the crease with his shot.

Patches was able to do that + rush to the net LAST YEAR (as was Cole, the latter part).
Bourque is capable of the same.


I think the biggest change I see is that he's happy in MTL. He even referred to the team as a family when speaking about the hit on Lars. I credit MT and MB with this.

habtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:58 AM
  #25
Ezpz
No mad pls
 
Ezpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,943
vCash: 500
He's dead? Damn rip in peace.

Ezpz is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.