HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player 31 shuts the door, Habs win 3-1! Series tied 1-1!

Old
05-04-2013, 05:49 AM
PricePkPatch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
yeah anyone watching the series that has doubted that PK isn't special even amongst the best of the best has to be changing their opinion now. I think only Ovechkin plays with the intensity that PK's playing with right now. Can't think of anyone who else that comes close. Such a beast.

So nice that we have world class talent on this team finally.
It's not just the talent. It's the inner fire.

Subban combines Letang-grade skill with Gallagher-level heart.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 05:53 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
yeah anyone watching the series that has doubted that PK isn't special even amongst the best of the best has to be changing their opinion now. I think only Ovechkin plays with the intensity that PK's playing with right now. Can't think of anyone who else that comes close. Such a beast.

I don't know.. did you see Karlsson's back-hand feed to White last night? Simply beautiful.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:09 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
It's not just the talent. It's the inner fire.

Subban combines Letang-grade skill with Gallagher-level heart.
That's key - the fire that ignites for really big games. Whatever it is, the love of the spotlight, the love of pressure, Subban's got it. And Gallagher... what else can we possibly say about this kid??? He's turning into Cammalleri with balls.

Thing is, the entire team was hyper-aggressive. Constantly forechecking, poking and prodding for every turnover, which is exactly why White was able to pick the puck out of mid air and score goal #1. Aggressive and very, very hungry. It was the Habs on Red Bull.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:22 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
That's key - the fire that ignites for really big games. Whatever it is, the love of the spotlight, the love of pressure, Subban's got it. And Gallagher... what else can we possibly say about this kid??? He's turning into Cammalleri with balls.

Thing is, the entire team was hyper-aggressive. Constantly forechecking, poking and prodding for every turnover, which is exactly why White was able to pick the puck out of mid air and score goal #1. Aggressive and very, very hungry. It was the Habs on Red Bull.
It was a statement game, you had to expect this. I think Bourque is another one that can be really itense when he turns it up. He's a wrecking ball.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:59 AM
TennisMenace

It was a must game and everyone had to play at 100%. I'm sure Sens felt relieved they won previous night and perhaps didn't play as desperately to win.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
It was a statement game, you had to expect this. I think Bourque is another one that can be really itense when he turns it up. He's a wrecking ball.
I expected a statement, but I didn't expect such bold backchecking and forechecking. Usually the Habs backcheck lays back and gives the opposition the perimeter to play with. Not last night. They were all over Ottawa, relentlessly rushing them and not giving them a moment to set up. Also on the forecheck, as we saw with Karlsson's giveaway to White. Constant rushing. That's not just a statement, that's a very conscious strategy and a very different style than their percentage-play we usually see. Last night was higher-risk poker with everyone going deep. That's a coaching decision, so let's give credit to Therrien for throwing a major curve at Ottawa and being successful.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:12 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Vintage Bob Cole in the final seconds there.. Gets a lot of crap on HF these days but he's one of the best to ever call a NHL game ever.
THESE final 27 seconds were even better!!

[/QUOTE]

"They were not supposed to be one of the favourites to make the Stanley Cup final this year, these Canadiens, but Ronald Corey got Serge Savard, he hired Jacques Demers, and all together they worked a young team to the top.

And now, a 24th Stanley Cup banner will hang from the rafters of the famous Forum in Montreal, THE CANADIENS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!"

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:18 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I don't know.. did you see Karlsson's back-hand feed to White last night? Simply beautiful.
Player 65 was good last night, but for us instead of his team...he is not built for the playoffs...

Give him another Norris, he is just that good...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:21 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:

Young team that needs to learn what it takes to win. You HAVE to pay the price and we paid the price last night. I really hope that they remember this game and pattern themselves on it going forward because it was a perfect game last night. I can't think of a single player who didn't show up.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:22 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:

Darkest Day in Habs History. Even worse than the Sudafed scandal of 1984.

Old
05-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
Not true at all man , Karlsson does play tough minutes as well , you can't judge Karlsson on 2 games of being relatively quiet and the giveaway that lead to White's goal.
It's like if you judge P.K Subban on his performance from 2 years ago where he was doing spin-o-rama's every shift and making very costly turnovers ("growing pains").

Subban :

11-'12
MTL
81 7 29 36 9 119 205 3.4 5 9 0 1 0 -- 24:18
'12-'13
MTL
42 11 27 38 12 57 126 8.7 7 19 0 0 0 -- 23:15

Karlsson :

'11-'12
OTT
81 19 59 78 16 42 261 7.3 3 25 0 0 5 -- 25:19

'12-'13
OTT
17 6 8 14 8 8 79 7.6 2 2 1 0 2 -- 27:09 (less games played obviously)

Karlsson does play PK ... and Sens have a good PK % (league leading I believe?)
Honestly these stats mean balls watch them play and you'll see what I mean he's a defensive liability if he plays the pk then McLean is stupid because defensively there basically nothing there ill stick by what I say because I watched him play last year shelterd minutes

Habs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:23 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Young team that needs to learn what it takes to win. You HAVE to pay the price and we paid the price
And now, based on MB's handling of the situation, he is going to have to pay the subban, big-time.

Old
05-04-2013, 07:25 AM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
And now, based on MB's handling of the situation, he is going to have to pay the subban, big-time.
Dude so what don't you want subban to be happy with his contract? Or do you want to lowball one of the best defenseman in the league. Jesus mb handled himself perfectly when your the new gm you can handle it however you want

Old
05-04-2013, 07:30 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
Dude so what don't you want subban to be happy with his contract? Or do you want to lowball one of the best defenseman in the league. Jesus mb handled himself perfectly when your the new gm you can handle it however you want
That was a joke man. Based on LafleursGuy talking about paying the price.

Old
05-04-2013, 07:56 AM
McTusk

Quote:
Can't believe you had to explain that, haha.

8 years, 56 million.

McTusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Edgy

Prust's comment reminded me of Wally Walrus or even Dr. Robotnic.

Edgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:11 AM
HomaridII

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Ryan White on Gryba suspension: "we are excited to see that he'll be back in 2 games. He's got #62 I think."

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Ryan White on Gryba suspension: "we are excited to see that he'll be back in 2 games. He's got #62 I think."
Oh White..

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:26 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

What's scary is our own fans did not think PK was this good. We are so lucky to have a player of his talent level.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:28 AM
mitchmagic

Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
White was on another level last night. Loved every moment he was on the ice.

On an unrelated note, was walking home and saw a fight brewing between Habs and Sens fans... :/

Gotta keep our cool!

mitchmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Lmao sorry bro

Considering how many people are actually saying that I don't think it's that much of a surprise I thought you were serious ;p

Old
05-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
THESE final 27 seconds were even better!!

"They were not supposed to be one of the favourites to make the Stanley Cup final this year, these Canadiens, but Ronald Corey got Serge Savard, he hired Jacques Demers, and all together they worked a young team to the top.

And now, a 24th Stanley Cup banner will hang from the rafters of the famous Forum in Montreal, THE CANADIENS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!"
Maybe Cole will have the chance to pull an almost exact repeat of that legendary sentence this year...

"They were not supposed to be one of the favourites to make the Stanley Cup final this year, these Canadiens, but Geoff Molson got Marc Bergevin, he hired Michel Therrien, and all together they worked a young team to the top.

And now, a 25th Stanley Cup banner will hang from the rafters of the famous Bell Centre in Montreal, THE CANADIENS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!"

Imagine...

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Hansman

I worked with Jarrod Tinordi's uncle for over 25 years.He knows I'm a rabid Habs fan and told me some day you will see what the kid can do.

Man ,glad that day arrived

Imagine Tinordi in 2 more years....

Hansman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Malreg

Quote:
Maybe if MB had given Subban the big long-term deal right away he wouldn't have been as great this year?

It was definitely motivation for Subban, and he has grown leaps and bounds this season.

Malreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:09 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaGTI View Post
I was the game. I don't know if television conveyed the absolute HORRID job that the refs did tonight. Honestly it was pathetic.
Yes. Yes it DID. I must have sent upwards of 15 texts during the game about how I wanted to cause harm to the refs. They were brutal and clearly giving ottawa an advantage, anticipating that we would start a war, when really we played tough, physical hockey. What pisses me off (and there's no solution to this, we just need to win a Cup), is Julien's bs about us becoming cannon in the hockey world. Everyone just believes it because they hear it. Anderson dove embarrassingly, first game was meh, but last night was jusssst pathetic. And the penalties they called. Remember that boarding/cross checking penalty we were about to get that turned into a Prust hand on the puck penalty? WOW. Just incredible. The ref was literally 3 feet away. Thank God for our PK and for Price. THAT is stealing a game. I hate that they can run interference to death with our guys and we make a check and it's a penalty. It's like they think we're so sofff that hitting is a violent act by us. That said, we dished out some of the best hits this season by our team. Moen should get some credit for helping out. Methot, Alfie, Karlsson, Neil (gm1) have all gotten rocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
What's scary is our own fans did not think PK was this good. We are so lucky to have a player of his talent level.
I think PK fever has swept Montreal pretty good since he got here and we've continually raised our opinion of him as he improved and wow'ed us. I knew he was this good, but I still marvel. I've been (and I'm surrrre lots of us) adamant that he's the best defenseman is the league, no question this year. I think it will be larceny to give it to someone else. He is the full package. I also think a big part of it HAS been what lots of reporters talk about and that's his maturity, his team concept and toning things down just a tad so that he's now focussed on seeing the WHOLE game. Wanting to win and knowing how to win are different things and he's now understood. We still haven't had a cannon goal from him so excited to see that + we're gonna need it. (Can't believe we're missing those particular 3 guys, don't think we can sustain it and man Eller is the first one I'd take back if we had the choice. I hate playoffs like this.)

But your point is taken that the guy has just gotten better and better and playoffs show us there's a bonus gear. Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
That is money. It's still very very early days, but White is making his mark on these playoffs. Please continue player 53.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote