HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole appreciation (and goodbye) thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-03-2013, 11:13 PM
  #26
MJG
Registered User
 
MJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandToeyJoey View Post
Are they going to FOX sports errrrrrrrrr!?
Well played sir. I lol'ed. Helps that I'm drunk.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 11:18 PM
  #27
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,948
vCash: 500
At first I thought they were leaving for Sportnet and I thought "what a Steal!". But now I wonder what the Hell are they going to do on Fox Sports? Are they going to have their own highlight show or something.

TSN will probably replace them by the two chicks.

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 11:21 PM
  #28
HABitual
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kirkland Lake, Ontar
Posts: 5,711
vCash: 500
Typical! All our best professionals eventually leave for the United States. Canadian businesses and governments don't bother trying to keep them. No excuses.

HABitual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 11:25 PM
  #29
sammy d
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Leaving for the greenbacks in the US, too bad, they will be back once they realize US tv is a fracking joke, yah, hey, lets put on another reality show, maybe Pig Farmers Gone Wild. Don't know how good they have it in Canada, leaving for one of the most flawed countries in the world.

That is all.

sammy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 11:26 PM
  #30
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,337
vCash: 500
A couple of guys read scripted sports updates and scores, and I should care? Nah.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 11:26 PM
  #31
CP31
Registered User
 
CP31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 1,763
vCash: 500
Omg this sucks. Omfg I can't believe this I loved them and their podcast.

CP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 11:35 PM
  #32
HatTricK09
Registered User
 
HatTricK09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I'm gonna miss this from TSN's trade deadline day coverage..

I was looking forward for next year's trade deadline hoping he would do it again
It was such fun on his live blog/ chat

HatTricK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:16 AM
  #33
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,290
vCash: 500
So sad. But we all knew this day was coming. They're the best team in North American sports. Good luck.

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:21 AM
  #34
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,237
vCash: 500
"U Mad Brodin?"

hahaha

man they're killing me right now.

"Zach Parisé...I think it's Zach Pareesee now"

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:23 AM
  #35
BackhandToeyJoey
Registered User
 
BackhandToeyJoey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
"U Mad Brodin?"

hahaha
Lmao, I was just going to say that on here!

BackhandToeyJoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 02:53 AM
  #36
compile
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad View Post
Would you work in the state if i offer you 300k a year?

Dont be silly, as much as you are a patriot, everyone has a price.
No I wouldn't actually.

I make more then enough. Why would I want to live in a country that has more bullets per capita then any other country in the world?

If I had to leave Canada, it would be for Europe.

I really don't give a flying **** if people disagree with me.

If all people see is dollar signs and completely ignore the social and economic problems with that country then go right ahead. Lol, 1% of the population could pay for health care for the entire country 10 times over and they don't want to beacause "why should I pay for someone else."

Meh I don't even know why I bothered posting in this useless thread.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:02 AM
  #37
hockeyman*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
No I wouldn't actually.

I make more then enough. Why would I want to live in a country that has more bullets per capita then any other country in the world?

If I had to leave Canada, it would be for Europe.

I really don't give a flying **** if people disagree with me.

If all people see is dollar signs and completely ignore the social and economic problems with that country then go right ahead. Lol, 1% of the population could pay for health care for the entire country 10 times over and they don't want to beacause "why should I pay for someone else."

Meh I don't even know why I bothered posting in this useless thread.
I agree 100%

All you hear is Money, Money, Money... that's the western world philosophy. They're an iconic Canadian broadcast duo, that will now be forgotten in a couple years. They could of had something really special with TSN, but they got poached.

It's there choice at the end of the day, but is the grass really greener on the other side?

hockeyman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:40 AM
  #38
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Meh. People still watch sport highlights ?
Not really.

But I watch Jay and Dan because they understand that sports highlights alone just doesn't cut it these days with all the other options available.

I thought in the back of my mind that it was only a matter of time before they moved on to bigger and better things... well, the time has come.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:30 AM
  #39
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyman View Post
I agree 100%

All you hear is Money, Money, Money... that's the western world philosophy. They're an iconic Canadian broadcast duo, that will now be forgotten in a couple years. They could of had something really special with TSN, but they got poached.

It's there choice at the end of the day, but is the grass really greener on the other side?
Probably. They were iconic, but they also never got a chance to grow. Maybe FOX is offering them something bigger? Maybe their own show, who knows? We need to wait for the details before that.

We also don't know how much they were getting paid. If they were only getting like $80K a year and their new deal pays them $250K or something, I'm not going to get angry with them and I'm a huge fan.

Maybe the PM should have used some tax money to up their salary. :sarcasm;

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:32 AM
  #40
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad View Post
Would you work in the state if i offer you 300k a year?

Dont be silly, as much as you are a patriot, everyone has a price.
they were probably making 300K with TSN, lol

I'm sure they're getting 7 figures in the states...

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:33 AM
  #41
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Probably. They were iconic, but they also never got a chance to grow. Maybe FOX is offering them something bigger? Maybe their own show, who knows? We need to wait for the details before that.

We also don't know how much they were getting paid. If they were only getting like $80K a year and their new deal pays them $250K or something, I'm not going to get angry with them and I'm a huge fan.

Maybe the PM should have used some tax money to up their salary. :sarcasm;
I get your point, but the numbers are way off. No way they made 80K... I would say min 200K with TSN.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 11:52 AM
  #42
CP31
Registered User
 
CP31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 1,763
vCash: 500
I love when watching baseball highlites and the ball is hit to an advertisement on the wall and they make a comment about that company. They're hilarious.

CP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:15 PM
  #43
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I get your point, but the numbers are way off. No way they made 80K... I would say min 200K with TSN.
Yeah maybe, but I was just using an example. Same point applies.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:20 PM
  #44
thewall
Registered User
 
thewall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
Loved his comment about Edwards being a Homer this week.. and liked his comment even more after he said Bruins fans were mad at him for saying it....

thewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:23 PM
  #45
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,405
vCash: 500
I'm probably in the minority, but I found their schtick wore thin rather quickly.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:22 PM
  #46
MTLAzzurri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
Going to miss them for sure, always made me laugh and were entertaining as hell. LOL at the people hating on them for seeking a better opportunity in the States.

MTLAzzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 05:37 PM
  #47
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,437
vCash: 500
Personally, I'll be kind of glad to see them go as I found them annoying.

Good luck to them though.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:39 PM
  #48
Price My Man Crush
Registered User
 
Price My Man Crush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Personally, I'll be kind of glad to see them go as I found them annoying.

Good luck to them though.
I thought I was the only one.

Price My Man Crush is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.