HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another Guest Article From Gilmour

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2013, 10:20 AM
  #1
colchar
Registered User
 
colchar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,562
vCash: 500
Another Guest Article From Gilmour

Looks like these are going to continue as long as the Leafs' playoff run does:


http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/03...cks-to-the-net

colchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:38 AM
  #2
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,529
vCash: 500
Even the killer loves kessel....well atleast the ones who've been backing him up for ages should feel good. I know I do...it's so beautiful

Edit: But why the sun killer...whyyyy

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:53 AM
  #3
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor
 
rojac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Waterloo, ON
Posts: 6,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by colchar View Post
Looks like these are going to continue as long as the Leafs' playoff run does:


http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/03...cks-to-the-net
Not bad. And it looks like they're publishing his pieces unedited, because they are a number of minor little things that professional writer/editor would probably clean up. And I wonder if the mistake in the Boston arena (the old name was used instead of the newer name) name was the fault of Gilmour or of an editor or fact checker at the Sun.

rojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:54 AM
  #4
colchar
Registered User
 
colchar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Even the killer loves kessel....well atleast the ones who've been backing him up for ages should feel good. I know I do...it's so beautiful

Edit: But why the sun killer...whyyyy

Do you expect the Toronto Star to have someone like him writing an article? They need all their space to devote to trying to have hitting removed from hockey.

colchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 11:37 AM
  #5
King Joffrey
Phaneuf is dumb.
 
King Joffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 803
vCash: 500
TL;DR Get pucks to the net, play a physical game on the back-end

King Joffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 11:50 AM
  #6
colchar
Registered User
 
colchar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojac View Post
Not bad. And it looks like they're publishing his pieces unedited, because they are a number of minor little things that professional writer/editor would probably clean up.
Actually, that is typical of the Sun as I've seen it regularly in other columns. I know someone who works there and, if I remember correctly, they laid off some editors a few years ago.

colchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:18 PM
  #7
kihei
Registered User
 
kihei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,701
vCash: 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by colchar View Post
Actually, that is typical of the Sun as I've seen it regularly in other columns. I know someone who works there and, if I remember correctly, they laid off some editors a few years ago.
I thought at the Sun fact checkers would be the first people to be fired.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.