HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

One GM has already contacted Nashville about the 4th overall pick

Old
05-03-2013, 02:09 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
lol..you are funny. Simmonds scores as a 1st line pace. Look at the #'s. And Couts is a 3rd liner today at 20...not in 2 years.
They are both, ideally, second liners. They're good players, and I would love to have them, but not at the expense of the fourth pick.

We have good players the level of Simmonds\Couturier--we do not have someone like Barkov, and never have.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
I'm on a re-build the Canucks kick (not for real, just as a reaction to the overall panic about the Canucks losing their 1st playoff game this year)...

4th overall + Jonathan Blum/Ryan Ellis for Ryan Kesler?
Too injury prone, would rather pick Barkov and see where he takes us.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Jim Bob
I Believe

What about Hodgson + #8 for #4?

Jim Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post

Why........only do this deal for Barkov. I'd give up Minnestoa pick before hodgson.

Hodgson is alot to give up. Will just kill the idea of keeping Vanek. Both Barkov and grigs would be 2 yrs from fully developing.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Buffalo would also have interest in Barov because it would then create an all Finnish line in Leino-Barkov-Armia
You're presuming that Leino figures in their future plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Not saying I want Nash to do this... but

to Nashville: Miller,Leino, Hodgson, Vanek, 8th, 2013 2nd

to Buf:Rinne, 4th overall, Craig Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
No, add on Buffalo's side
Don't discourage him - he may be one of the few who proactively wants to trade for Leino!

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
I think the Sabres would consider Ennis + # 8 but not Hodgson, especially with the way that Black and Regier keep hanging their hat on how they won the deal to get Hodgson.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Jim Bob
I Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
I think the Sabres would consider Ennis + # 8 but not Hodgson, especially with the way that Black and Regier keep hanging their hat on how they won the deal to get Hodgson.
I don't think Ennis + 8 is enough to get up to 4....

Old
05-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Jim Bob
I Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Hodgson is alot to give up. Will just kill the idea of keeping Vanek. Both Barkov and grigs would be 2 yrs from fully developing.
Vanek isn't re-signing past next season given the suffering speech Darcy threw out there.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:44 AM
sabrescupbound

If I was Buffalo's Gm, I might consider this,

Vanek and Minny's 1st for the 4th and a conditional 2014 1st for Nashville's 2nd if Vanek
doesn't resign. And how Buffalo looks, that's going to be another top pick.

So to recap, Nashville gets a mid first and Vanek. Or a mid first, Vanek for a year, and a top 1st in the 2014 draft for there 4th pick and a 2014 2nd. It is also possible that Buffalo eats some of Vaneks cap, so only 3 mil of cap goes to Nashville.

Last edited by sabrescupbound: 05-04-2013 at 10:51 AM.
sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Drury_Sakic

Only real reason I could see Nashville trade the pick is if they feel they cannot wait around for 2-3-4 years for a prospect to develop, either for financial reasons or for a contention window possibly closing.

Barkov, for example, may be a bit of a slow burn as far as development goes. If Nashville believes that this years bad finish is simply a blip and the result of a lockout year, they may wish to turn that pick into a real NHL player or two that can directly impact the team right now, such as a top 2 line player, an NHL proven D man, and maybe another prospect or pick....and they might find a team willing to make one of those deals given the cap crunch coming over the summer.

Drury_Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 11:18 AM
PredsV82
Polishing Turds

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic View Post
Only real reason I could see Nashville trade the pick is if they feel they cannot wait around for 2-3-4 years for a prospect to develop, either for financial reasons or for a contention window possibly closing.

Barkov, for example, may be a bit of a slow burn as far as development goes. If Nashville believes that this years bad finish is simply a blip and the result of a lockout year, they may wish to turn that pick into a real NHL player or two that can directly impact the team right now, such as a top 2 line player, an NHL proven D man, and maybe another prospect or pick....and they might find a team willing to make one of those deals given the cap crunch coming over the summer.
Everything Im seeing suggests just the opposite... that any of the top 4 are going to be pretty much NHL ready, whereas a lower pick is likely not going to be of immediate help

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 11:48 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...lue-trading-up

Interesting Little blog someone did up, shows (roughly the value of the Nashville pick by no means is this an exact science.

So I'll give an example for Montreal who has the (current) 27th pick we'd need to trade our 27th, NSH 34th, Calg 37th, MTL 57th, Dal 3rd and MTL 3rd = 17+ 22.6+ 4 + 2.5+1.1 = 47.2

So the highest we could trade with all of that is possibly 5th

Last edited by subbanged: 05-04-2013 at 11:58 AM.
subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 50
If Buffalo wants the 4th and to unload Vanek a big deal could be done, Vanek would be a one year rental really would love to have the guy but just do not see him resigning as a UFA in Nashville. So something along the line of Nashvilles 4th = Blum or Ellis and 2014 2nd for Vanek and Hodgson. Unless Nashville gets a player that will be here past 2014 theres just no deal to be made.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

If Nashville doesn't want to wait then how about Eriksson, Fraser for the 4th, Spaling and Alberg.

Nashville gets a 1st line winger, Dallas gets Barkov, Nashville gets another NHL ready top sinx winger, Dallas gets an NHL ready center and a LW who's a couple of years away from NA hockey so he doesn't effect Nashville's near term plans either.

I'm not sure what's a fair price for Eriksson and whether either team would want to deal with each other in the same division but the concept is interesting assuming Nashville wants now rather than later.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:21 PM
PayItForward

Nashville has needed a #1 center for how long now? Unless they like Monahan or Lindholm better and think they can move down, still get one of them and get something else with them, I don't see why they'd trade the pick. I don't see them as a winger away from being a cup contender.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:12 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

Quote:
I don't think Ennis + 8 is enough to get up to 4....
That's fine. Darcy isn't stupid enough to trade a 23 year old top 6 center to move up 4 freaking spots

Ennis or Hodgson just to move from 8 to 4 would be one of the worst trades in NHL history. Just brutal.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 12:11 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
I'm on a re-build the Canucks kick (not for real, just as a reaction to the overall panic about the Canucks losing their 1st playoff game this year)...

4th overall + Jonathan Blum/Ryan Ellis for Ryan Kesler?
Even in a rebuild kick....Kesler is our compete. We move him, we might as well toss in the Sedins, both goalies and Edler into the movable pile.

The value is about what I'd want for him though.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:48 AM
lifeisruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
That's fine. Darcy isn't stupid enough to trade a 23 year old top 6 center to move up 4 freaking spots

Ennis or Hodgson just to move from 8 to 4 would be one of the worst trades in NHL history. Just brutal.
Is Hodgson ceiling =Barkov? Ennis ceiling certainly isn't.

We have enough young top nine forwards in Armia, Foligno, Ennis, Hodgson, Girgenson, Tropp, and Larson, we need forwards with franchise potential not named Grigoenko.

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Filip Forceberg

As a Preds fan, I'd rather Poile just keep the pick and draft Barkov. We've never had a Top 5 pick outside of Legwand and I don't see us having another one anytime soon. We need a #1 center more than a winger. Barkov seems to be that guy.

Filip Forceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:02 AM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post

Vanek and Minny's 1st for the 4th and a conditional 2014 1st for Nashville's 2nd if Vanek

So to recap, Nashville gets a mid first and Vanek. Or a mid first, Vanek for a year, and a top 1st in the 2014 draft for there 4th pick and a 2014 2nd. It is also possible that Buffalo eats some of Vaneks cap, so only 3 mil of cap goes to Nashville.
Vanek=1st + 2 very good young players

You suggest Vanek + 1st (MIN) for 4th and maybe a 2nd 1st...In essence Vanek + 1st= 1st

I think buffalo would be better suited to just trade Vanek in the first deal up above and get 2 quality players + 1st.

Old
05-06-2013, 12:03 AM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Edmonton Oilers are the team that called.
Oilers only draft first overall.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:58 AM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisruff View Post
Is Hodgson ceiling =Barkov? Ennis ceiling certainly isn't.

We have enough young top nine forwards in Armia, Foligno, Ennis, Hodgson, Girgenson, Tropp, and Larson, we need forwards with franchise potential not named Grigoenko.
Hodgson or Ennis PLUS Monahan >> Barkov

Both Hodgson and Ennis are top 6 centers. Hodgson was 20th in center scoring. Both are 23. Both are worth much more then any gap between Barkov and the 8th best prospect. If this was a move for Mackinnon then fine, Id trade 8 and Hodgson or Ennis for Nathan Mackinnon, but not for the 4th prospect. Armia and Grigorenko are 1st line potential prospects and Ennis and Hodgson are on their way there, Darcy won't trade either to move up 4 spots. Minnesotas 1st and one of our 2nds is more then enough to move up 4 spots. Not a 23 year old 55+ point center.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:14 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post

So Buffalo gives up Vanek, a first, and possibly another first just to get up to 4th overall? What the ****?

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:35 PM
doubledown99

Monahan or Lindholm will not be available at #8. They will both be gone

doubledown99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
So Buffalo gives up Vanek, a first, and possibly another first just to get up to 4th overall? What the ****?
You miss read it....

He suggesting

Vanek + minn pick

For

Nashville #4 and a 2014 1st if he resigns.

Basically Vanek alone = #4 pick in this draft.