HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PHI 1st (11th Overall) for Young PMD

Old
05-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Ricky Bobby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
whoa, easy there tiger - we're not throwing in our first round pick - im not even sure i want to trade Wiercioch for that pick.
Value is probably there but so what?

Now if were to get that pick so we could bundle our pick and that pick for a shot at the top 7or 8 maybe.
Weircioch isn't worth the 11th overall.

He's a nice prospect who put up decent numbers when given a prime opportunity on the first powerplay unit well Karlsson was out but he's far from being a blue chipper, wasn't even dressed for Game 1 last night and has never been projected by any analyst as having top pairing potential.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

his first year as a pro and he put up the equivalent of 40pts on a team that scores 1 every 3 games.
and who cares if Karlsson's out?
what's that got to do with PW?

He got an opportunity and took advantage of it.
Im not sure where i said he's a #1 or #2 defenceman?

He's a solid 2nd pairing offensive Dman with great size. Great passer, excellent at moving the puck out of his zone, cannon shot.
he's not in because Gonchar plays the 2nd pair with Cowen and they want the experience. (since PW is a rookie)
Phillips plays with Gryba as a tough 3rd pairing.

If he's not worth it to you, he's not worth it. Happy to keep him.
what's ridiculous is ottawa adding their first rounder to PW to get the 11th.
(and wiercioch was drafted in the 2nd round 42nd overall - so clearly he was highly thought of and is exceeding his draft status.)

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 02:47 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 857
Shattenkirk isn't going anywhere. We have extra players in goal and on the wings, so we can easily trade a winger or Halak to cut salary. We aren't going to trade someone that we don't have a replacement for.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
St. Louis can't even sell out playoff games they've got an internal budget that isn't close to the cap limit.

They added JayBo at the deadline. All of Stewart, Berglund, Cole, Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk need raises so I don't think it's completely crazy to think he could be traded.

The Flyers would need to add to something to the 11th. I could see St. Louis trying to trade for Briere in the off-season whose actual salary is only 3 and 2 million for the next two seasons.

So because a few fans didn't show up to some weekday games where the Cards played at the same time, we can't sell out playoff games. St. Louis isn't that big of a city and most people are die-hard Cardinals fans because they can actually bring home championships.

I posted this in the other thread.

Stop with the Shattenkirk nonsense. It's getting old. Doug Armstrong has stated multiple times over the season that Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk are priority re-signs. We will not be re-signing McDonald, Nichol, Langenbrunner, and Leo unless he takes a serious discount then we would move one of Russell or Cole. That's 7 million in cap space freed for Pietrangelo alone.

Stewart won't make more than Backes so Stewart will have a cap hit of around 4.5 million.

Shattenkirk will get 4.5 for 5. He won't make more than OEL or even get OEL money from Doug Armstrong.

Berglund will get a prove it contract of around 2.5-2.7 million because he's been too inconsistent. He could also be moved with a winger for an upgrade at C.

Russell won't get a raise.

Cole will likely get a 2-way contract or traded.

Also if Shattenkirk is traded that leaves us with Pietrangelo, Polak, Fairchild, and Hakanpaa on the right side. Not a chance Shattenkirk is moved unless he is packaged away for a #1C with another RHD defenseman that can play in the NHL.

Bluesman91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Nolan11

Originally Posted by FeedingFrenzy
Sharks offer Stalock(top goalie prospect), Demers and their 1st rounder(17th) in return for 11th pick and Simmonds........Philly gets a future replacement for Bryz, a bonifide young PMD and sheds some salary in moving Simmonds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Flyers give up the two best pieces...

No interest in moving Simmonds. No need for Stalock. The remainder of the deal is an overpayment by the Sharks.

Trying to do too much. Boil it down and it might have some possibility of success:

Demers + a 2nd (2013) for 11th overall

Demers is RFA, a young bonifide TWD (not yet a pmd, but has some potential for PPQB) and is already a solid second pairing d-man with some size. Sharks re-stock their baren prospect pool by upgrading a 2nd round pick to 11th overall in a strong draft. Losing demers would hurt, but nhl level TWD is pulling from their strength (others would step in to that hole just fine).

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 06:53 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
his first year as a pro and he put up the equivalent of 40pts on a team that scores 1 every 3 games.
and who cares if Karlsson's out?
what's that got to do with PW?

He got an opportunity and took advantage of it.
Im not sure where i said he's a #1 or #2 defenceman?

He's a solid 2nd pairing offensive Dman with great size. Great passer, excellent at moving the puck out of his zone, cannon shot.
he's not in because Gonchar plays the 2nd pair with Cowen and they want the experience. (since PW is a rookie)
Phillips plays with Gryba as a tough 3rd pairing.

If he's not worth it to you, he's not worth it. Happy to keep him.
what's ridiculous is ottawa adding their first rounder to PW to get the 11th.
(and wiercioch was drafted in the 2nd round 42nd overall - so clearly he was highly thought of and is exceeding his draft status.)
If none of the projected defensemen are on the board than I do this.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Srsly

Maybe something centered around Jesse Blacker?

Srsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:
whoa, easy there tiger - we're not throwing in our first round pick - im not even sure i want to trade Wiercioch for that pick.
Value is probably there but so what?

Now if were to get that pick so we could bundle our pick and that pick for a shot at the top 7or 8 maybe.
Was surprised Benoit played tonight. That is what I would want from Philly as well. The 11th straight up for Weircioch. If we traded Weircioch I would resign Benoit as UFA... and try to trade Philly and Ottawa's 1sts to move up to 7,8,9 and hope to get Monahan or another top centre prospect.

Sens Rule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 11:20 PM
morrielly

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srsly View Post
Maybe something centered around Jesse Blacker?
i wish

blackers nice and all, and in a couple years i think he can make the nhl but there is noo way right now he couldbe the centrepiece for the 11th overall pick in the deepest draft in years. Unless flyers fans would do it in which case he's perfect for you guys

morrielly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
I think most people would want to see who is available at that spot during the actual draft just in case someone goes off the board before them. But if I am Philly, I hope that one of the D-men are available and pick him AND talk to Chicago about Clendening. I would try and add these 2 pieces at the draft then be looking to swing a deal for a 1st line D. One that would hurt the depth to do, but is certainly necessary. That way:

New D Schenn
Kimmo Grossmann
Mez Clendening
Gus(playing for Mez when he is hurt all season)

then have the newly drafted player on the way.

Note:Coburn gone in trade for upgrade.
Clendening for Laughton swap?

Hawks need C's with Laughton's upside ,, Flyers need young PMD and can slot Clendening on bottom pair/PP next year (He is NHL ready IMO)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

If Edler were to come on the market. What would Philly offer?

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:07 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
If Edler were to come on the market. What would Philly offer?
1st and Laughton. I love him.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:04 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post

So because a few fans didn't show up to some weekday games where the Cards played at the same time, we can't sell out playoff games. St. Louis isn't that big of a city and most people are die-hard Cardinals fans because they can actually bring home championships.

I posted this in the other thread.

Stop with the Shattenkirk nonsense. It's getting old. Doug Armstrong has stated multiple times over the season that Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk are priority re-signs. We will not be re-signing McDonald, Nichol, Langenbrunner, and Leo unless he takes a serious discount then we would move one of Russell or Cole. That's 7 million in cap space freed for Pietrangelo alone.

Stewart won't make more than Backes so Stewart will have a cap hit of around 4.5 million.

Shattenkirk will get 4.5 for 5. He won't make more than OEL or even get OEL money from Doug Armstrong.

Berglund will get a prove it contract of around 2.5-2.7 million because he's been too inconsistent. He could also be moved with a winger for an upgrade at C.

Russell won't get a raise.

Cole will likely get a 2-way contract or traded.

Also if Shattenkirk is traded that leaves us with Pietrangelo, Polak, Fairchild, and Hakanpaa on the right side. Not a chance Shattenkirk is moved unless he is packaged away for a #1C with another RHD defenseman that can play in the NHL.
If shatty wants the cash he can demand 6 mill and get it. You may have to qualify him and let him walk. No way he signs 4.5 long term. Oel is a special contract. Not the standard

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:10 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
If shatty wants the cash he can demand 6 mill and get it. You may have to qualify him and let him walk. No way he signs 4.5 long term. Oel is a special contract. Not the standard
OEL was not special. OEL got 5.5, Karlsson got 6.5, and delusional HF posters honestly believing that Shattenkirk can get 6 is beyond hysterical. People are also not realizing that Armstrong has been getting Blues players to all sign great extensions. Hell, Edler is at 5 million, Shatty isn't even at that level yet either.

I really wonder if people have actually watched Shattenkirk. He is good, but he is not what a lot of you think he is. Good god it's usually homers that build players up. Seriously, have any Philly fans even watched Blues games?

Last edited by bleedblue1223: 05-04-2013 at 01:38 AM.
bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:46 AM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
1st and Laughton. I love him.
While I do like that. I think it's more likely we look for players that can make an impact immediately if we're moving Edler. Any way Simmonds is available? I suspect Couturier is untouchable.

Old
05-04-2013, 04:08 AM
duxfan8

Sbisa + prospect/3rd?

duxfan8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 04:22 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

how about Slava Voynov?

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 04:42 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Would think the Flyers should be calling Colorado about Barrie. The Avs are about to be overloaded with right handed D-man. Probably need some balancing but he is a young PMD that should interest Philly.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:59 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
While I do like that. I think it's more likely we look for players that can make an impact immediately if we're moving Edler. Any way Simmonds is available? I suspect Couturier is untouchable.
Ehh Id think Couturier is a piece of Edler before Simmonds is because we are thin at wing. If were trading Couturier theres no way our 1st this year would also be going to Vancouver along with him.

Old
05-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:
I'd rather trade couts than Simmonds. But I'm a Simmonds fanboy. He has been dynamite since coming over, plays Flyers hockey, top pp unit, second line winger, fights, physical, been having career seasons his first two units in Philly and he's signed at a good cap hit.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Ehh Id think Couturier is a piece of Edler before Simmonds is because we are thin at wing. If were trading Couturier theres no way our 1st this year would also be going to Vancouver along with him.
Definitely not. Although, I'd be tempted to add ours if Philly was aiming to move Coburn or Meszaros since their names have been tossed around quite a bit. If not though something with Edler and Couturier as the centrepieces would be ideal for Van.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
I'd rather trade couts than Simmonds. But I'm a Simmonds fanboy. He has been dynamite since coming over, plays Flyers hockey, top pp unit, second line winger, fights, physical, been having career seasons his first two units in Philly and he's signed at a good cap hit.
Can't say I blame you. Simmonds exploded this season and is still young enough to maybe have a little more ceiling to climb. One of the reasons I'd love to have him but I'm certainly not surprised he's in the Flyer's future.

Old
05-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
Edler and the Canucks 1st for 11th pick + Simmonds/Voracek

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Devonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Nope from the Flyers!! Not even close! Especially considering that Elder has not exactly looked great this year in the least!

Devonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:58 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
No way. Like I said if were adding in our 11th pick youll get a player like Laughton. With no first rounder youll get Couturier + , but not the 11th overall.