HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Besides Karlsson, who will be the series X-Factor

Old
05-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Slack
Resetigerd Uesr

vCash: 500
Turris hasn't ever been tearing it up since he got here (except comparatively speaking), but he has been a timely scorer, getting big goals when we've needed them ever since he arrived. I think he'll surprise a lot of people who've written him off recently.

Slack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:11 AM
Nordic*

What do you think, was Karlsson exhausted and had a really off game last night or is this the new Karlsson after his sliced AT?

He was horrible the whole game, our worst defenceman.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:21 AM
Patvolcom65
@Patvolcom65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
What do you think, was Karlsson exhausted and had a really off game last night or is this the new Karlsson after his sliced AT?

He was horrible the whole game, our worst defenceman.
I would think it's more of the fact that he didn't play a back to back game and he was most likely exhausted playing 30mins the day before..and then 30mins that night..

There's still the factor that he's prob still not 100% that doesn't help and we prob won't see him back in form until next year.

Patvolcom65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:25 AM
TennisMenace

Habs fan here -

I fear ANDERSON the most. Like game one, he can steal you 3 more games. It's tough to beat a stone wall. BTW, I don't blame your player for the hit on Eller as much as I blame Diaz for that horrible pass setting Eller up for the kill. Your guy didn't use his elbows and the only reason he caught some head was because he Eller was bent over and your guy is pretty big.

I hope our 7 game series stays clean and doesn't get goonish. First off, we have no goons, so I really don't want my 190 pound guys having to fight with your Neil or Kassian.

Congrats on making it to the playoffs with all your injuries.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:06 AM
PTmbp13

Besides E Karlsson...
hmmm. Karlsson & Anderson

PTmbp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Karlsson View Post
I would think it's more of the fact that he didn't play a back to back game and he was most likely exhausted playing 30mins the day before..and then 30mins that night..

There's still the factor that he's prob still not 100% that doesn't help and we prob won't see him back in form until next year.
Even without his wheels, his passing, decisionmaking and positioning was incredibly bad.

He lost every battle for the puck and seemed to give up before each battle even physically began.

Really frustrating.

What if this is what he will be after his injury, perhaps the old Karlsson will never be seen again. Other athletes have had their careers "lessened" due to injuries like these.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Slack
Resetigerd Uesr

You can tell his decision making is a lot slower and I think it's because he relies on his huge speed most of the time. I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting frustrated at not being able to do a lot of things that he took for granted pre-injury. But besides that last night was by far his worst game since he returned (even without that brutal giveaway) so I'm not sure exactly what was up with him.

Slack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 02:19 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Even without his wheels, his passing, decisionmaking and positioning was incredibly bad.

He lost every battle for the puck and seemed to give up before each battle even physically began.

Really frustrating.

What if this is what he will be after his injury, perhaps the old Karlsson will never be seen again. Other athletes have had their careers "lessened" due to injuries like these.
I'm not calling you out or anything but you made 3-4 of these posts before he came back and it seems you're sold on the idea that Karlsson won't be the same again even after his brilliant performances against Washington and in game 1.

These pessimistic posts have no evidence. Karlsson showed to be dominant in games after his surgery so no, it's not the injury that affected him last game. Maybe it is because he is overworking it but not because it has limited him. I think he is taking it really slow because he is feeling discomfort which he shouldn't be playing.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote