HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game 2: Rangers @ Capitals 5/4/13 - Lundqvists 0 - Capitals 1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2013, 03:00 PM
  #226
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
If the puck goes behind you in an attempt to make a save and the post bails you out, yes. You were beaten. If you want to justify it another way, be my guest, I guess.
I will. No goal was scored. One can also argue that the post was hit because the G was giving nothing else but around there. So yeah. Until the goal is registered and up there on the scoreboard, goalie is un-beat. If you wanna make yourself feel better because we got shut out (Should the post-ers have gone in? Oh hell yes. Nash was a centimeter off.) then.... be my guest. But Holtby wasn't beat today, and Henrik was. In the end, it only matters if it crosses the line.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:00 PM
  #227
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerow30 View Post
If Clowe and Staal return Monday it could be a different series.
I bet it doesn't change a damn thing. Not with Tort's game plan.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:00 PM
  #228
NYR2007
Registered User
 
NYR2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 547
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Well, yeah. It's not a shot on goal because the goalie got beat and didn't make the save.
Your incorrect about that . It's not a shot on goal because if the goalie doesn't make the save it has to go in for it to be a shot

If the goalie gets " beat " and the puck goes in its considered a shot on goal for stats and obv. Also a goal ... So your example isn't actually correct

NYR2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:00 PM
  #229
dmjt4160
Registered User
 
dmjt4160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,123
vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Except our offense didn't really suck today (except in OT where the entire team sucked for some reason -- that PP was laughable). Most of the loss is attributed to puck luck. Absolutely. We get the puck in instead of the post and we win the game. Not that difficult to see that.
Give me a break dude. Look at the quality and number of chances generated by each team. The offense was garbage. Nash made one great play on his own and almost potted one.

Name me our best chances after that? Stralman throwing one on net from the point after a Caps turnover and hitting the crossbar? And then what Powe stuffing one into Holtbys chest at the side of the net? How many times today did you watch us carry the puck in the neutral zone and feel like a scoring chance was going to be generated? Compared to the Caps?

I mean I get your are trying to be positive because of people losing their minds on here but still.....

dmjt4160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:01 PM
  #230
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,935
vCash: 500
You can't wish for the puck to go one way and not the other.

A quarter of an inch the other way, and you would've missed the net completely.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:01 PM
  #231
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
I agree with you. I played for 20+ years, and the fact is the post is nothing more than a missed shot. Its not even a shot on goal in the books. I laugh when people say "but omg it hit the post." Makes no difference, its a missed shot.
what about when it hits the post then goes in?

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:01 PM
  #232
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 4,545
vCash: 500
The Rangers did not deserve to win today. Well, Henrik did, but yes rest of the team didn't. Really awful execution in all areas, by both teams really.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:01 PM
  #233
M Gaz
Au revoir Shosanna!
 
M Gaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 50
I didn't know games 3 and 4 were played already. I see this going the way our series in 2011 did, only we don't have Gaborik to **** up in 2OT this time

Still confident we can get this done. Too bad it'll be mistaken for me being delusional....

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:01 PM
  #234
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
You're right! Is that what you want to hear? Why are we arguing over the attitudes of a bunch of negative people like it's some valid topic of discussion? So I digress.

Everyone be negative, because then when negative things happen you can say "Yay I was right" and then you can live your entire life being negative knowing that you were once right about something. Any joy and positivity in your life will be discredited as a fluke and you'll always be expecting something terrible to happen. Enjoy living like that.
Or maybe it's just a stupid sports team we have zero control over what they do and we're normal human beings reacting to disappointment.

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:01 PM
  #235
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
That was not a good defensive game.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:01 PM
  #236
SauceCheese91
Registered User
 
SauceCheese91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
The Rangers aren't even in the same stratosphere as the Capitals. This is embarrassing considering they were by far the better ES team in the regular season. To factor in special teams, we'd be lucky not to get swept.

I do suspect Lundqvist will get one win on his own somehow, if we're lucky to get the goal support.
Jesus dude, you are one of the biggest sucks going right now. Why do you even bother to watch games or post on here if everything you say is negative? And you gloat about being right when the Rangers play like crap. May as well change your name to Nancy

SauceCheese91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:01 PM
  #237
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 4,545
vCash: 500
Oh, and coming to the Verizon center was a rather large mistake.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:02 PM
  #238
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
The Rangers just have to start shooting the MFing puck anywhere and try to put it THROUGH any would be shot blocker!

Capitals know the Rangers won't shoot on the PP unless the shot is wide open. That allows the would-be shot blocker to stay on his feet. KNOCK HIM THE **** OFF HIS FEET! START BLASTING THE PUCK!

Make the PK fear a shot.
If we actually did this we'd have way more goals in this series I promise you this.

BTW watching this derby makes me want to go insane with all these pompus jerks.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:02 PM
  #239
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
The Rangers did not deserve to win today. Well, Henrik did, but yes rest of the team didn't. Really awful execution in all areas, by both teams really.
Caps seem to possess a functional power play, they don't hesitate to lay into hits, they have had more offensive chances.

No, the Rangers are alone in that category with regards to playing like dog ****.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:02 PM
  #240
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
I will. No goal was scored. One can also argue that the post was hit because the G was giving nothing else but around there. So yeah. Until the goal is registered and up there on the scoreboard, goalie is un-beat. If you wanna make yourself feel better because we got shut out (Should the post-ers have gone in? Oh hell yes. Nash was a centimeter off.) then.... be my guest. But Holtby wasn't beat today, and Henrik was. In the end, it only matters if it crosses the line.
You are correct

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:02 PM
  #241
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,860
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
I will. No goal was scored. One can also argue that the post was hit because the G was giving nothing else but around there. So yeah. Until the goal is registered and up there on the scoreboard, goalie is un-beat. If you wanna make yourself feel better because we got shut out (Should the post-ers have gone in? Oh hell yes. Nash was a centimeter off.) then.... be my guest. But Holtby wasn't beat today, and Henrik was. In the end, it only matters if it crosses the line.
Who said anything about a goal being scored? You were beaten and bailed out. Never once said anything about a goal.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:02 PM
  #242
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,122
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
Or maybe it's just a stupid sports team we have zero control over what they do and we're normal human beings reacting to disappointment.
Funny except that's not how 90% of people are reacting to things. If that were the case would people be trying to coach the team and make changes? If people realized they had no control over things these boards would be a lot quieter.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:03 PM
  #243
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
Jesus dude, you are one of the biggest sucks going right now. Why do you even bother to watch games or post on here if everything you say is negative? And you gloat about being right when the Rangers play like crap. May as well change your name to Nancy
Even when we win he has something dumb to say.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:03 PM
  #244
Jonimaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lund
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 500
Had to check several times to make sure the caps weren't on PP, because it was sure looking like they had at least 10 of them, the way they/we were playing in our zone.

Jonimaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:03 PM
  #245
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
You're right! Is that what you want to hear? Why are we arguing over the attitudes of a bunch of negative people like it's some valid topic of discussion? So I digress.

Everyone be negative, because then when negative things happen you can say "Yay I was right" and then you can live your entire life being negative knowing that you were once right about something. Any joy and positivity in your life will be discredited as a fluke and you'll always be expecting something terrible to happen. Enjoy living like that.
You mean enjoy living in reality? Sure.

I want to be proven wrong by this team. Isn't happening this year thats for sure. As if the "negativity" on this board is somehow adversely affecting the Rangers. The Rangers are adversely affecting the Rangers. Not a good team.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:03 PM
  #246
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
The Rangers aren't even in the same stratosphere as the Capitals. This is embarrassing considering they were by far the better ES team in the regular season. To factor in special teams, we'd be lucky not to get swept.

I do suspect Lundqvist will get one win on his own somehow, if we're lucky to get the goal support.
I disagree with you. I think we are better team than them from the net out, personnel wise.

I think we are just poorly coached.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:03 PM
  #247
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,860
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
Or maybe it's just a stupid sports team we have zero control over what they do and we're normal human beings reacting to disappointment.
Most normal human beings wouldn't fly into a rage and hating everything about the team after a close game.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:03 PM
  #248
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User
 
LittleKev6D9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Middletown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
If Staal comes back next game he will be pushed to come back. He will be not even close to 100% for sure.
If I'm Torts () would I risk Staal's well being just so we have a better chance at pulling off a miracle? Not a chance.

If we win Game 3, then maybe Torts () can reconsider.

Bottom line: This team can win. He just isn't getting enough out of them.

LittleKev6D9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:03 PM
  #249
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,953
vCash: 50
I'm iffy on counting post shots for anything. They're close to going in, but just as close to missing completely.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:04 PM
  #250
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
That was not a good defensive game.
Could have been erased with a goal or two. Style must change. Open it up a little more, stop these guys from being terrified of riding the pine; I guarantee more goals will come. If the PP strategy is opened up more, more goals will come. Someone just said the Rangers only shoot if it's a wide open shot; that's their problem in any offensive situation.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.