Ilya Bryzgalov: "It is believed that I will be a definite number-one goalkeeper? This is wrong”
Philadelphia Flyers goalkeeper shared his first impressions after joining the Russian team in Finland.
- I was really and seriously tired, but I was given rest in the last days of the regular season. So I had time to recover
- It is believed that you will be definite number one for this championship.
- This is completely wrong. The team gathered many high class players, and all of them came to defend national colors.
- We are very concerned about your psychological state.
- It is normal; I specifically came here to gain positive emotions.
- But you had an impressive altercation with the Philadelphia journalists. That must be upsetting.
- Philadelphia journalists have not been very good to me; I do not pay much attention to them. Just told them what I thought about them.
- We thought that if you are not considered as number one on the a team, you would not have joned the team. But now there are you and Varlamov.
- I've never said those words, you probably invented them.
They say self deception is at the root of habitual deceit....Bryz is either in denial, senile or a chronic liar or all 3.
He obviously pays TOO MUCH attention to the media in Philly b/c he's constantly sparring with them even if he's instigated.. besides he even said he reads their stuff in his sound-off at the end of the season.....