HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Derek Dorsett

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2013, 02:55 PM
  #126
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I've seen Dorsett listed at both 5'11" and 6'. I think he's more like 5'11". Either way, he's not really a "big guy." Solid, strong, but not big to any noteworthy degree.
Was at a few games vs CBJ... He looked pretty big when I was behind the CBJ bench in Buffalo.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 02:57 PM
  #127
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,295
vCash: 400
Considering Callahan is a measly 5'10", Powe might be shorter than Zuccarello without skates (looks like it), Dorsett's "6 feet" will be a great boost to a pretty small bottom 6 (outside of Boyle ofcourse).

5 4 Fighting is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 03:02 PM
  #128
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I've seen Dorsett listed at both 5'11" and 6'. I think he's more like 5'11". Either way, he's not really a "big guy." Solid, strong, but not big to any noteworthy degree.
Similar to Chris Neil and Brandon Prust.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:20 PM
  #129
t3hg00se
Registered User
 
t3hg00se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,392
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
http://snyrangersblog.com/2012-13-pl...=twitter&utm_s

t3hg00se is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 08:41 PM
  #130
Green Blob*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 500
Clowe out

INSERT:

Dorrsett for playoffs

Green Blob* is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 08:46 PM
  #131
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Clowe out

INSERT:

Dorrsett for playoffs
lets hope so.. i just hope he doesnt get over aggressive.. he does throw some big hits at times out there...




Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 11:54 PM
  #132
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,860
vCash: 500
This team could use a little extra aggression. As long as he's not hurting people or taking a boat load of penalties, I say go for it. It'll be nice to have someone who can consistently win fights again too. That clip of him and Prosser is one of the most one-sided fights I've ever seen.

haveandare is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:33 AM
  #133
GFiP
Registered User
 
GFiP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
lets hope so.. i just hope he doesnt get over aggressive.. he does throw some big hits at times out there...




Wow... he completely demolished Carlson there.

GFiP is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:56 AM
  #134
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,889
vCash: 500
If clowe is out longterm. Boyle and Dorsett in will make the Rangers a tougher team to play against. Boyles faceoff and pk ability is needed and Dorsett will inject some much needed energy. Before he went out, Boyle was on the puck more than Clowe.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 01:00 AM
  #135
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
If clowe is out longterm. Boyle and Dorsett in will make the Rangers a tougher team to play against. Boyles faceoff and pk ability is needed and Dorsett will inject some much needed energy. Before he went out, Boyle was on the puck more than Clowe.
I would like all 3 of them in the playoffs please.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 01:13 AM
  #136
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I would like all 3 of them in the playoffs please.
My point is id rather have those two getting Clowes time. I honestly havent seen much from him in the way of a playoff style game. Boyle went nuts against the sens last year before getting hurt and Dorsett is going to feel it out and then start crushing people.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 02:20 AM
  #137
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
My point is id rather have those two getting Clowes time. I honestly havent seen much from him in the way of a playoff style game. Boyle went nuts against the sens last year before getting hurt and Dorsett is going to feel it out and then start crushing people.
I really wouldn't bet on Boyle magically putting on a performance like that again in the playoffs. He is what he is: A penalty killer, fourth liner, and faceoff specialist.

Zil is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 03:06 AM
  #138
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,680
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
If all were to return - I would like to see:

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Clowe - Brassard - Callahan
Pyatt/Kreider - Richards - Zuccarello
Powe/Asham - Boyle - Dorsett

McD - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
MDZ - Moore

Gilroy/Eminger/Hamrlik

Not all that bad...
But with 4 guys out (plus Sauer) our lineup looks a lot less enticing on paper
Time will tell though

BBKers is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 03:20 AM
  #139
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
If all were to return - I would like to see:

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Clowe - Brassard - Callahan
Pyatt/Kreider - Richards - Zuccarello
Powe/Asham - Boyle - Dorsett

McD - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
MDZ - Moore

Gilroy/Eminger/Hamrlik

Not all that bad...
But with 4 guys out (plus Sauer) our lineup looks a lot less enticing on paper
Time will tell though
I think the best D setup is

Staal-MDZ
McDonagh-Girardi
Moore-Stralman

once Staal gets back game shape

Affinity is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 03:40 AM
  #140
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,295
vCash: 400
I agree, MDZ is money in the bank with Staalzie.

5 4 Fighting is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 03:48 AM
  #141
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
I agree, MDZ is money in the bank with Staalzie.
Let's hope so. He's looked terrible without him.

Zil is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 02:55 PM
  #142
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,546
vCash: 500
he was "okay". fine defensively and all. the high-sticking penalty was dumb on his part. he got baited into it. he was checking well. hate that he dives, but at least it was an effective dive and got backstrom off. aside from the shenanigans he looks like a torts player.

Kreider Typical is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 03:26 PM
  #143
roxchipsi8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
brought nothing to the table. If clowe isn't ready i'd rather have krieder in. Krieder/Newberry should replace dorsett, pyatt or asham. pick any 2

roxchipsi8 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 03:45 PM
  #144
Green Blob*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxchipsi8 View Post
brought nothing to the table. If clowe isn't ready i'd rather have krieder in. Krieder/Newberry should replace dorsett, pyatt or asham. pick any 2


Dude you realize he hasn't been playing hockey for 3 months, and has been playing contact practice for 1 day?

He will be much more useful then all those players combined in a game or 2.

Green Blob* is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 03:48 PM
  #145
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 12,543
vCash: 500
First game for Dorsett.
Not quite time yet to rake him over the coals, than can be done in another game or two.

trilobyte is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 03:52 PM
  #146
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Didn't like his game. Dumb penalties galore against top ranked Caps PP.

But it was his first game.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 04:01 PM
  #147
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Didn't like his game. Dumb penalties galore against top ranked Caps PP.

But it was his first game.
1 dumb penalty(highstick, toss the blame on the time off)
1 smart penalty (got their #1c off the ice)

he was less physical than i hoped, but he's coming back from an injury so it's w/e

Kreider Typical is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 04:12 PM
  #148
Green Blob*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
1 dumb penalty(highstick, toss the blame on the time off)
1 smart penalty (got their #1c off the ice)

he was less physical than i hoped, but he's coming back from an injury so it's w/e
He did have 7 hits, thats a good amount.

Green Blob* is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 04:15 PM
  #149
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
He did have 7 hits, thats a good amount.
i'm surprised. didn't really notice much past the 1st

Kreider Typical is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 04:55 PM
  #150
Parker
Registered User
 
Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 537
vCash: 500
Not a great debut but I'm willing to give him a pass for a few games as he shakes the rust off. Dont think we'll see the real Dorsett until a few weeks into next season.

Parker is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.