HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Richards Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2013, 03:32 PM
  #226
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Poor Zucc again, needed to cover Richards and his slow turtle skating.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 03:32 PM
  #227
backofthefridge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 132
vCash: 500
richards sucks. its like we are a man down when hes on the ice.

backofthefridge is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 03:42 PM
  #228
NYR94
Registered User
 
NYR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,703
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Every time the Rangers make a big splash in free agency by signing a forward, I tell myself "This time it will be different" because the Rangers have Lundqvist and some structure now and a good supporting cast. I thought that way with Drury and Gomez, and it didn't work out. It worked with Gaborik for a while, but now he's gone too. I thought Richards would be different, but it looks like the same old story again.

NYR94 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 03:48 PM
  #229
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
Every time the Rangers make a big splash in free agency by signing a forward, I tell myself "This time it will be different" because the Rangers have Lundqvist and some structure now and a good supporting cast. I thought that way with Drury and Gomez, and it didn't work out. It worked with Gaborik for a while, but now he's gone too. I thought Richards would be different, but it looks like the same old story again.
Gabby was a huge + for that. He got injured a lot... Richards is declining.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 04:04 PM
  #230
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
Every time the Rangers make a big splash in free agency by signing a forward, I tell myself "This time it will be different" because the Rangers have Lundqvist and some structure now and a good supporting cast. I thought that way with Drury and Gomez, and it didn't work out. It worked with Gaborik for a while, but now he's gone too. I thought Richards would be different, but it looks like the same old story again.
Essentially this.

Aerosmith said it best:


azrok22 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 04:49 PM
  #231
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country:
Posts: 9,231
vCash: 116
Buyout incoming. This guy is a shell of his former self

Swept In Seven is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 05:00 PM
  #232
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,456
vCash: 500
Richards seems slow skating wise--reaction wise--reaching all the time--getting knocked over. His playmaking (always his strongest point) looks kind of ordinary these days. His passing has lost some accuracy and he's prone to throwing the puck around. Looks like he's gassed half of the time and just gets rid of the puck. IMO both Stepan and Brassard are better players than he is now and even Boyle is more valuable in respect to being larger and more flexible in different roles.

Personally I'd be okay dumping him with our last buy out this off season though if we don't I can understand that he's still capable of putting up a decent amount of points but there's no way in hell we can afford his $6.6 mil cap hit for the next 7 years. He's the obvious guy for our last buy out whether it's this summer or the one after.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 05:08 PM
  #233
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Richards seems slow skating wise--reaction wise--reaching all the time--getting knocked over. His playmaking (always his strongest point) looks kind of ordinary these days. His passing has lost some accuracy and he's prone to throwing the puck around. Looks like he's gassed half of the time and just gets rid of the puck. IMO both Stepan and Brassard are better players than he is now and even Boyle is more valuable in respect to being larger and more flexible in different roles.

Personally I'd be okay dumping him with our last buy out this off season though if we don't I can understand that he's still capable of putting up a decent amount of points but there's no way in hell we can afford his $6.6 mil cap hit for the next 7 years. He's the obvious guy for our last buy out whether it's this summer or the one after.
Well stated; I agree with all your statements and I think that's what the organization will end up doing with Richards.

Drewbackatu* is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 05:43 PM
  #234
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,398
vCash: 500
I may have given up on Torts, but I haven't given up on Richards. I think the Rangers should let him play one more year to get his game back into shape. Hopefully, with a new coach.

Then they can make a decision on what they want to do with him.

Honestly, I am not really mad or disappointed with any of the players. Not with the clown as head coach.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 06:34 PM
  #235
Jax1166
Registered User
 
Jax1166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: I-95
Country: United States
Posts: 1,391
vCash: 500
Is it just that Richards showed up out of shape or has his skills really erorded him?

Jax1166 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 06:38 PM
  #236
NYRKING30
Registered User
 
NYRKING30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 500
He will be bought out the question should be is it July 2013? or July 2014? If hes not bought out by the latter I will personally march to MSG and burn it to the ground.

NYRKING30 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 06:41 PM
  #237
NYRKING30
Registered User
 
NYRKING30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I may have given up on Torts, but I haven't given up on Richards. I think the Rangers should let him play one more year to get his game back into shape. Hopefully, with a new coach.

Then they can make a decision on what they want to do with him.

Honestly, I am not really mad or disappointed with any of the players. Not with the clown as head coach.
I agree with this and I am perfectly fine with this. Just Richards has to be off the team by next summer, its a MAJOR,MAJOR risk to keep him after that. Regardless if he wins a Conn Smythe next year or not. I just finally hope the Rangers have learned their lesson with signing 30,31year olds to 8 year contracts. God am I so nervous about the upcoming Clowe situation.

NYRKING30 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 06:41 PM
  #238
Water1
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Hi all
Been lurking for a long time on the rangers board
Been a fan for well over 55 years.
This game and season has left me with one thing to say
1 cup in 73 years, that puts us in redsox and cubs territory.
That is disgraceful.
Sorry wrong thread


Last edited by Water1: 05-04-2013 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Wrong thread
Water1 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 06:45 PM
  #239
NYRKING30
Registered User
 
NYRKING30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water1 View Post
Hi all
Been lurking for a long time on the rangers board
Been a fan for well over 55 years.
This game and season has left me with one thing to say
1 cup in 73 years, that puts us in redsox and cubs territory.
That is disgraceful.
I agree especially when 3 of them came in the first 10 years of the leagues existence and playing with 5 other teams for 35 40 years. Or the countless fluke goals/calls against us in a playoff series. Running the operation the wrong way for many,many years even before I became a fan and started watching in 1994.

NYRKING30 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 06:50 PM
  #240
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,456
vCash: 500
Richards is on the decline and his contract has 7 more years to go. If the cap hit was small it wouldn't be such a big deal. Even if he plays for us next year and he has a resurgence we need to get rid of him. The state of his game it's pretty obvious is not going to be worth the cap hit at the end of that time. It wasn't this year either. When these kinds of deals don't work out it's best to cut bait as soon as possible.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 06:53 PM
  #241
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 50
If you don't buy him out this summer, you run the same risk that would've existed with playing Redden this year.

If you don't buy him out this summer, and Richards is injured next summer, you're stuck with him. And potentially absolutely screwed.

azrok22 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 07:18 PM
  #242
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
Buy him out and use the money to keep Clowe around for at least year by overpaying him using Richard's Cap hit and the 2nd year at a miminal size . Keeping Clowe around will help us develop Kreider and Miller and maybe another kid or 2 . Two years of Clowe though is enough . Either Miller or Kreider can bring as much to the table now as Richards does . The Columbus guys improved us over Gabby...and the replacements for Richards will do the same .

Leetch66 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 07:37 PM
  #243
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?
 
McDonaghisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
He has been completely inept in this series. Bye beaver.

McDonaghisGod is online now  
Old
05-04-2013, 07:39 PM
  #244
Water1
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Buy him out and use the money to keep Clowe around for at least year by overpaying him using Richard's Cap hit and the 2nd year at a miminal size . Keeping Clowe around will help us develop Kreider and Miller and maybe another kid or 2 . Two years of Clowe though is enough . Either Miller or Kreider can bring as much to the table now as Richards does . The Columbus guys improved us over Gabby...and the replacements for Richards will do the same .
I agree
He has been mostly invisible this season and he is not getting any younger
Cutting ties and bringing in some youth will probably help in the long run
Time to change the way we do business

Water1 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 08:33 PM
  #245
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline
 
KreidertheGlider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Buy him out and use that money to give Henke (and RFAs) however much money he wants. He is this team and if he leaves, we become a basement team

KreidertheGlider is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 08:33 PM
  #246
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,374
vCash: 500
Disappointing, disheartening, disgusting

shinchanyo is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 08:40 PM
  #247
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,298
vCash: 400
The wheels have officially fallen off of this man's soul. He's now playing like an 85 year old Grandpa with some top of the line dental work.

In all seriousness, the guy has seriously regressed to the point of no return. And here I was thinking that he is waking up and coming out of his slumber just in time for the playoffs ( hat-trick). He is playing very scared of contact, and VERY hesitant. This coach and system seems to take every little ounce of confidence out of a player. I really wouldn't be surprised to see him start putting up 70-80 points a year as soon as we buy him out though, just because we're the Rangers. No more free-agents Glen, let's do it the right way this time, through the draft. It's time to evolve.

5 4 Fighting is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 08:50 PM
  #248
Crazed Beaver
Registered User
 
Crazed Beaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swamp
Country: United States
Posts: 739
vCash: 844
Will Dolan pony up for the buyout?
Would be addition by subtraction for sure.

Crazed Beaver is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 10:05 PM
  #249
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thugice View Post
Will Dolan pony up for the buyout?
Would be addition by subtraction for sure.
The question is when. This season or next.

__________________
Jabroni is online now  
Old
05-04-2013, 10:08 PM
  #250
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,426
vCash: 500
Got to love how 3 months ago a buyout to Richards was sacrilege.

People can be so fickle.

ColonialsHockey10 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.