HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game 2: Rangers @ Capitals 5/4/13 - Lundqvists 0 - Capitals 1

Old
05-04-2013, 06:48 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

vCash: 500
Typical Rangers being typical...Completely utter nonsense...How many months have I been yelling for us to fire that piece of **** Mike Sullivan?

This is what we get? ****ing joke, a great performance by Lundqvist ruined by these ****s

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:49 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
They just don't want it. They don't.

Excluding Hank.
I think this is completely accurate. No killer instinct.

They're wearing shirts that say "Stay Positive" on them. Fragile mental psyche.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:49 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Not to mention, Kennan didn't run that team. Messier did.
Messier benched players?

See, here's the thing, Kennan didn't give a **** if you were the star of the team or if you were a 4th line scrub: if you played like ****, he'd bench you and call you out on it.

The only thing Torts does that is remotely close to Keenan is that he too benches players..that's it, and even then, he's shown he is inept at doing that.

Remember that Toronto game where Del Zotto was playing like ****?

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:51 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Honestly, I am tired of anyone defending our powerplay and coaching staff...I hate our offensive structure.

What a waste

Old
05-04-2013, 06:53 PM
messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Again, the questions were, "would he come back to the NHL." Not can he play in the NHL.
ok i understand now. I always thought he would but i thought it would be with a diffrent team

messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Honestly, I am tired of anyone defending our powerplay
Does this actually happen?

Doctor King Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JohnC
#FreeSteve

The direction of this team was obvious when they lost the games down the stretch against Philly and Florida and almost blew the Carolina game. I said it then, ill say it now, I wanted to wait for them to light up good teams (excluding the one game against Pitt) to say anything.

Ill keep the faith for now, but a very minimal amount of it

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Messier benched players?

See, here's the thing, Kennan didn't give a **** if you were the star of the team or if you were a 4th line scrub: if you played like ****, he'd bench you and call you out on it.

The only thing Torts does that is remotely close to Keenan is that he too benches players..that's it, and even then, he's shown he is inept at doing that.

Remember that Toronto game where Del Zotto was playing like ****?
Kennan had the illusion of control. He certainly liked to take it out on his platoon players. But outside of the Leetch incident, when was a Kennan a tyrant with ice time? He certainly didn't mess around with who moose played with.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:55 PM
msv957

Torts has this team playing a collapsing defensive minded system. Lots of 2-1 games with this system in the playoffs. Hank will have great stats with this defensive system. However, I am sure Hank would trade his stats for some more wins and a more open system to create more offense in these playoffs.

This team does have some fire power on offense. Nash is a horse that is being held in the barn with this defensive system. Richards was a past MVP in the playoffs.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:55 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Honestly, I am tired of anyone defending our powerplay and coaching staff...I hate our offensive structure.

What a waste
Teams have two players at the point, one close to the crease and the other wingers are on the left and right, just slightly below the one in the middle.

Us?

We've got two at the point, one guy standing close to the crease, one guy behind the net either on the left or right side, and someone with the puck who is stuck in the middle between the guy in front of the crease and behind the net..which means, most of the time, we don't have a ****ing player on the other side!

Old
05-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
The direction of this team was obvious when they lost the games down the stretch against Philly and Florida and almost blew the Carolina game. I said it then, ill say it now, I wanted to wait for them to light up good teams (excluding the one game against Pitt) to say anything.

Ill keep the faith for now, but a very minimal amount of it
Yeah, the wake up call was Philly. That was the worst game of the season imo. Flyers were dreadful in that game but the Rangers couldn't execute a 4 foot pass up ice. It was awful...

Old
05-04-2013, 06:57 PM
messiah

If richards gets bought out does his whole contract count against the cap for that 1 year after.

Old
05-04-2013, 06:58 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Kennan had the illusion of control. He certainly liked to take it out on his platoon players. But outside of the Leetch incident, when was a Kennan a tyrant with ice time? He certainly didn't mess around with who moose played with.
Zubov, Kovy, I think even Mess had to deal with Kennan's scorn. Unless I'm mistaken, didn't he pull Richter after allowing only 1 goal?

Kennan dropped the hammer when it was warranted. With Torts, you have players ****ing up, left and right, he rewards them with more minutes, and sometimes he gives called up players a shorter leash.

If you're gonna bench players, be at least consistent about it.

Old
05-04-2013, 06:58 PM
messiah

Quote:

How about kovy he got benched alot

Old
05-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Pat Leonard ‏@NYDNRangers 3m
Richards: “We have a power play, they get one, and they score and we don’t. There’s the game ... It’s tough to swallow.” #NYR

Expert analysis here

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah View Post
If richards gets bought out does his whole contract count against the cap for that 1 year after.
No. It comes off right away. The reason that Redden's counts this year is that he wasn't bought out in the usual pre-free agency window.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Pat Leonard ‏@NYDNRangers 3m
Richards: “We have a power play, they get one, and they score and we don’t. There’s the game ... It’s tough to swallow.” #NYR

Expert analysis here
He's a hockey player not a molecular biologist. And when you're talking to the media you're not exactly going to put everything in haiku.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Torts has this team playing a collapsing defensive minded system. Lots of 2-1 games with this system in the playoffs. Hank will have great stats with this defensive system. However, I am sure Hank would trade his stats for some more wins and a more open system to create more offense in these playoffs.

This team does have some fire power on offense. Nash is a horse that is being held in the barn with this defensive system. Richards was a past MVP in the playoffs.
What does defensive minded means?

We give up a helluva amount of chances. Hank is asked to make impossible saves on regular basis. We play a style in which we always are on our heels, without Hank we would be on par with Philly defensively.

We suck defensively to be honest.

We do not give away a lot of pucks in te neutral zone (duh we just fire pucks through it), but what good does that do when we can't defend it either.

We are easily the worst coached team in the league right now.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Zubov, Kovy, I think even Mess had to deal with Kennan's scorn. Unless I'm mistaken, didn't he pull Richter after allowing only 1 goal?

Kennan dropped the hammer when it was warranted. With Torts, you have players ****ing up, left and right, he rewards them with more minutes, and sometimes he gives called up players a shorter leash.

If you're gonna bench players, be at least consistent about it.
I don't remember Kovalev getting benched a lot under Kennan. Nor Zubov. I remember a lot of those benchings came with Colin Campbell.

Old
05-04-2013, 07:03 PM
messiah

bring zubov back next year just to run the power play he cant be as bad as the guys we have out there now

Old
05-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
What does defensive minded means?

We give up a helluva amount of chances. Hank is asked to make impossible saves on regular basis. We play a style in which we always are on our heels, without Hank we would be on par with Philly defensively.

We suck defensively to be honest.

We do not give away a lot of pucks in te neutral zone (duh we just fire pucks through it), but what good does that do when we can't defend it either.

We are easily the worst coached team in the league right now.
This. Defense was putrid today. We spent the entire game running around and chasing the puck in the D zone. Our defense is incredibly overrated. Hank overshadows this team's defensive deficiencies.

Just a great performance by him today. Dominant. Too bad the rest of the team laid a massive egg.

Old
05-04-2013, 07:04 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

I dont know if it will matter as I dont know if this loss will light a fire under our team.

How many teams have come back being down 2-0 to win?

Old
05-04-2013, 07:05 PM
messiah

Quote:
I don't remember Kovalev getting benched a lot under Kennan. Nor Zubov. I remember a lot of those benchings came with Colin Campbell.
if i remember correctly not only benched but sent to the minors by keenan just like torts with ck.

Old
05-04-2013, 07:06 PM
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post

This defensive system does not help lundys stat. He makes it look effective.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
I dont know if it will matter as I dont know if this loss will light a fire under our team.

How many teams have come back being down 2-0 to win?
In b4 people say we're the 2011 Bruins.