HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF // Game 3 // 9PM CT // St. Louis Blues @ LA Kings // FSMW, NBCSN, CBC, RDS, KMOX

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2013, 02:14 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 1406
Good home team versus a good road team. The Blues could shock them if they press hard and get a couple early ones. Have to make a statement early if they hope to win against a pissed Kings team on home ice.

Old
05-04-2013, 03:07 PM
HockeyGuy73

vCash: 50
While I would like to see Frank in as well, I dont think anybody is playing bad enough to be taken out. Although a few guys should be doing more to stay in. I do expect more scoring in the next 2 games, with Hitch not getting to match up the lines he would like.

Old
05-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Brentaur

vCash: 500
I like our chances to spoil LA's first home game of the series. After winning two big ones at home, there should be little pressure or thought of a "must win" game three. Whether that translates into a win or not, I don't know. But I like that we aren't starting this leg of the trip behind the 8-ball, for once.

Don't know why, but I feel like Sobotka and Polak will factor in a big way for this game.

Last edited by Brentaur: 05-04-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old
05-04-2013, 04:06 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

goals tonight will be scored by Schwartz( he's beyond due for one), Petro, and Backes(also due for one), carter and williams for the kings... we pull out another nail biter.

Old
05-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglorious Backes View Post
Came here to post exactly that. The biggest issue with the Blues in this series has been finishing scoring opportunities, and I think adding Frank's creativity in the offensive zone could be a nice jolt for the offense. Plus he can't be any worse than Mac in the defensive end.
This is also my feeling. But Tarasenko has looked weak lately (maybe effects of his so-called NON-concussion? Hitting the rookie wall?). Maybe his recent rest will rejuvenate him?

McDonald is a liability on defence, and hasn't helped the 5 on 5 or Power Play much recently. What have we got to lose, other than needing to alter a line or 2? But, i doubt that Hitchcock does this.

Old
05-04-2013, 04:39 PM
STL fan in IA

Given the Kings home record, how Hitch won't have the last change (wont get the matchups he wants), that our centers will have to put their sticks down first on the faceoffs (more likely to lose the faceoff battle tonight), and that the Kings SHOULD come out flying with desperation, I give the Kings the edge here but only slightly. The Blues can take this game though if they stick to their high speed, high intensity gameplan (LA's biggest weakness IMO is containing speed). I expect another nailbiter that could go either way. LET'S GO BLUES!!

Old
05-04-2013, 05:31 PM
GrandPapillon*

Tonight's game should be great. Took my fiancee to the last game and his first playoff game ever. That so did not disappoint as the crowd was loud the entire game and the Blues rebounded from a tough first period to play a great game. Hoping for another W tonight

Old
05-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Given the Kings home record, how Hitch won't have the last change (wont get the matchups he wants), that our centers will have to put their sticks down first on the faceoffs (more likely to lose the faceoff battle tonight), and that the Kings SHOULD come out flying with desperation, I give the Kings the edge here but only slightly. The Blues can take this game though if they stick to their high speed, high intensity gameplan (LA's biggest weakness IMO is containing speed). I expect another nailbiter that could go either way. LET'S GO BLUES!!
That is likely. It was The Blues' winning an incredible 60% of all faceoffs over The 2 games that helped them dominate possession, and ultimately eke out 1-goal victories in each game. I shudder to think what would have happened if The Blues had only won, say, 45%.

We will see how that changes (more like 50/50?)-and what effect that will have on overall possession, and, who wins. The Blues are a good road tam, so I give The Kings only the slightest of edges based on getting the last substitutions and home crowd and defending their home turf. Quick has pressure on him to perform better. The Kings have pressure of being 2-games down. If The Blues, expecting loads of hitting and a big and nasty start from The Kings, can weather that storm, and play their same game as in the last 2 periods of Game 2, they have a reasonable chance of winning Game 3, and taking real command of the series.

Old
05-04-2013, 06:08 PM
superblues
:sarcasm: implied

I'll be pleased if the Blues win at least one of the next two games and if nobody gets injured.

Old
05-04-2013, 06:10 PM
MissouriBlues2008

Go Blues!!

Looking forward to it.

I know how tough it is to play on the road. I think we can still win one of the two games in LA.

Old
05-04-2013, 08:06 PM
BlueAero

This is a re-post of a post I just made in another thread. Indulge me, guys. It's a superstition thing.

It is foolish to be unconcerned about anyone we face in the playoffs. All the teams (especially Western Conference teams) are very good and are capable of beating the Blues if we make mistakes against them. Don't underestimate any of them.

Let's concentrate on winning one game at a time. Therefore, tonight's game becomes of immediate importance. If we win, we gain an overwhelming dose of momentum and confidence going into game #4. Should we somehow end up losing (I don't even want to type those words!), we'll be in for a helluva challenge in game #4 since LA's confidence would be on the rise. We need to prevent that at all cost. We need to remember that these guys are the reigning Stanley Cup Champions and are a very dangerous team. Let's step on their throat while we have them down on the canvas. As long as we play our game and Elliott remains stellar between the pipes, I like our chances. It would sure be nice if we could get a multiple-goal lead tonight. I love the way we play with a lead now that our defense has been solidified with the addition of Bouwmeester and Leopold. Elliott has been awesome.

I worry that the Kings might take runs at some of our key players in order to get us off our game tonight. We can't let that happen. I'm sure Hitch will have the guys ready to face these possibilities. How lucky we are to have world-class coach like him! Remember how disorganized we were when he took over for Payne? Seems like eons ago....this is the best-prepared and best-coached Blues team to make a playoff run that we may have ever had in our 45-year history. I have been following the Note ever since '67 and I am starving for a Cup. The table seems to be set....let's sit down and eat! I am stoked for tonight's game!! GO BLUES!!!!

Old
05-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Edgar

I really want STL to win, but playing against LA when they are home, I'm not to hopeful unfortunately

Old
05-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Let's Go Blues! This one will be nasty, I'm sure, hoping Blues can overcome that as I'm sure like someone else said, Kings will come out hard and dirty. Desperate for a win and to please at home, they'll do anything I'm sure. Hoping no one gets hurt.

Old
05-04-2013, 08:21 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

I'll believe it when I see it ( a Blues victory in Staples Center )

A commanding 3-0 lead sound great though

Looking forward to our REACTOR Line going bezerk tonight

Let's Go Blues!

Last edited by JustOneB4IDie: 05-04-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old
05-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Fluff Master
Registered n00b

Since I'm single now, I got baited into watching my baby nephew for the weekend. Actually it's all good, got him dressed up into his Rookie Blues outfit so he's ready to go. I'll just have to remember to not yell out if he's sleeping when the Blues score goals and get the win.

Gonna be a late night, but let's go Blues!

Old
05-04-2013, 09:43 PM
BlueDream

Nervous for this one, will be tough. Hopefully we can take one in LA. Go Blues!

Hope the Kings don't attempt any cheap **** tonight. I want to see that idiot Brown get rocked.

Old
05-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
This is also my feeling. But Tarasenko has looked weak lately (maybe effects of his so-called NON-concussion? Hitting the rookie wall?). Maybe his recent rest will rejuvenate him?

McDonald is a liability on defence, and hasn't helped the 5 on 5 or Power Play much recently. What have we got to lose, other than needing to alter a line or 2? But, i doubt that Hitchcock does this.
I've seen you allude to this a few times, Tarasenko had a concussion from the Olver hit. I think you are getting confused with the SKA situation, where it wasn't a concussion.

As for him playing, if Stewart doesn't up his game, then I think he will be the most likely to sit in any lineup changes.

Old
05-04-2013, 09:51 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 5762
I actually have a pretty good feeling tonight. The Blues have to want revenge from the sweep last playoffs and this season. They're smelling blood right now and I see them going for the throat tonight.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Kings playing 7 D?

Old
05-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff Master View Post
Since I'm single now, I got baited into watching my baby nephew for the weekend. Actually it's all good, got him dressed up into his Rookie Blues outfit so he's ready to go. I'll just have to remember to not yell out if he's sleeping when the Blues score goals and get the win.

Gonna be a late night, but let's go Blues!
This is good, get them while they are young

Old
05-04-2013, 10:09 PM
GrandPapillon*

If going by the old saying that you are not in trouble in the NHL playoffs until you lose a home game, the Kings aren't in trouble yet, but tonight the Blues are playing with house money.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:17 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

backes almost had one

Old
05-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Robb_K

What's with Stewart? He kept fumbling with the puck. Couldn't keep it on his stick. Playoff jitters (even after 2 wins!)?

Old
05-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Edgar

I missed the first four minutes. Could you tell anything about how this game will play out based on it?

Old
05-04-2013, 10:25 PM
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
What's with Stewart? He kept fumbling with the puck. Couldn't keep it on his stick. Playoff jitters (even after 2 wins!)?
Was thinking the same thing...

Closed Thread