HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game 2: Rangers @ Capitals 5/4/13 - Lundqvists 0 - Capitals 1

Old
05-04-2013, 09:25 PM
ltsthinaz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
They're far from entertaining IMO.

This is by far the most boring season I've witnessed with the exception to 2008-09.

I don't find Rangers games entertaining anymore like I do with other hockey games.
I loved the Rangers style in the early 80's, when they were the fastest team in the league. Loved to watch Reijo Ruotsaleinen and company under Herb Brooks.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Honestly, I am tired of anyone defending our powerplay and coaching staff...I hate our offensive structure.

What a waste
We have no offensive structure that's the problem. The offensive gameplan is to blindly throw the puck around below the net until the other team gains control of it and gets it out. Rinse and repeat. Maybe at one point we'll actually get it back to the point and either it's right into the goalie's chest unscreened or there's a big rebound but all of our retards are below the goal/not near the net so the other team just gains control.

This team just does not work hard enough or skate fast enough to play the kind of game that Torts wants them to play. How many times do you 3 Rangers in a corner with 1 guy from the other team and somehow we lose possession? How the hell do you let that happen?

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

Well now that I've cooled down a bit, quick question.

That thing that the Capitals skaters have been doing for years, where they just draw the puck underneath them and lay on top of it...I thought that was a "concealing the puck" penalty now? Saw them do it again today, and not that officiating is by any means consistent, but am I wrong in that? I swear I've seen that being called this year.

Grumpy Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:27 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
I loved the Rangers style in the early 80's, when they were the fastest team in the league. Loved to watch Reijo Ruotsaleinen and company under Herb Brooks.
Reijo was a fun player to watch.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Sorry, but you really can't make any assumption about how many 'Hawks games I watch. And, I'll take the subsequent comparison and throw it in the garbage because, again, you're making an assumption based on nothing. You don't know a thing about how many 'Hawks games I watch or how many the people in that poll watch. I guarantee you it's close.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=631910

This is what the fans, the ones that go to the Blackhawks Official NHL Website, voted on last season:

Best Forward: Toews
Team MVP: Toews
Kershaw: Boned
There is no need to be upset.

I admitted that Kane wasn't team MVP last year in my earlier post in this thread.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

I wasn't alive in the 80's so I missed out. But my old man tells me stories about how we were fast and had some awesome stuff going for us. Someone regale me with tales!

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Stayed away two games now I vent fire torts .. He wanted powe Pratt and Boyle for his team he got them they suck and team blows, No Kreider was so dumb it hurt playing Pyatt over Kreider made me puke in my mouth fire this ass goblin please

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:33 PM
messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Which players have left the Rangers and went on to be good playoff scorers?
good scorers well i will start with mark savard mike knuble jagr m samuelsson Zidlicky you said good these are all i can think of now but i know there is more

messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:36 PM
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Stayed away two games now I vent fire torts .. He wanted powe Pratt and Boyle for his team he got them they suck and team blows, No Kreider was so dumb it hurt playing Pyatt over Kreider made me puke in my mouth fire this ass goblin please

I'm a Kreider fan but I'd rather have Pyatt than Kreider. Pyatt isn't a defensive liability. And its not like Kreider is the answer to our offensive woes.... he's looked lost in the offensive zone this season

KreidertheGlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:38 PM
JD123

Quote:
Totally agree. Pyatt is a complete ****** waste. Whoever thinks it was a good idea to sit Kreider in favor of keeping Pyatt needs their head examined. Watch the guy. He barely can get to the puck. The Caps players can skate laps around him. And ok I am sure someone will say "what has Kreider done to earn being on the playoff roster". I agree Kreider seems to have taken a step back and his confidence seems shot, but if I had to choose between the two I go with Kreider.
Boyle will never score another goal but at least he pressures the puck and is good pk guy. Pyatt is a disaster.

JD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Water1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Gerald View Post
Well now that I've cooled down a bit, quick question.

That thing that the Capitals skaters have been doing for years, where they just draw the puck underneath them and lay on top of it...I thought that was a "concealing the puck" penalty now? Saw them do it again today, and not that officiating is by any means consistent, but am I wrong in that? I swear I've seen that being called this year.
Officiating worse this year then ever
Inconsistent in every game all over the league
Has been going down hill for years
Penalty in one game is not in the next .
Can't be sure what is going to be called

Water1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water1 View Post
Officiating worse this year then ever
Inconsistent in every game all over the league
Has been going down hill for years
Penalty in one game is not in the next .
Can't be sure what is going to be called
Hell, a penalty in one ten minute stretch of a game isn't a penalty in a separate ten minute stretch, as we saw today.

I just wanted to check because I know I've seen that called and it seems literally every single time we play the Capitals they have players doing it. Usually Carlson and Alzner, though. Don't know who it was today.

Such is life, I suppose.

Grumpy Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:50 PM
messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD123 View Post
Totally agree. Pyatt is a complete ****** waste. Whoever thinks it was a good idea to sit Kreider in favor of keeping Pyatt needs their head examined. Watch the guy. He barely can get to the puck. The Caps players can skate laps around him. And ok I am sure someone will say "what has Kreider done to earn being on the playoff roster". I agree Kreider seems to have taken a step back and his confidence seems shot, but if I had to choose between the two I go with Kreider.
Boyle will never score another goal but at least he pressures the puck and is good pk guy. Pyatt is a disaster.
kreider brassard clowe moore all came here and were told just go out and play your type of game and scored then they learned torts system and now they can be found on the back of a milk carton

Old
05-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Dorsett adds nothing but stupidity.

"It's Mario Götze!" -Ian Darke
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Water1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Gerald View Post
Hell, a penalty in one ten minute stretch of a game isn't a penalty in a separate ten minute stretch, as we saw today.

I just wanted to check because I know I've seen that called and it seems literally every single time we play the Capitals they have players doing it. Usually Carlson and Alzner, though. Don't know who it was today.

Such is life, I suppose.
Think it was Erat

Old
05-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water1 View Post
Think it was Erat
It was Fehr.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:57 PM
messiah

I pray the rangers sign hank this offseason because i can see Ed Snider eyes lighting up after next season if he hits ufa and throwing every cent he can to sign him

Old
05-04-2013, 10:00 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah View Post
I pray the rangers sign hank this offseason because i can see Ed Snider eyes lighting up after next season if he hits ufa and throwing every cent he can to sign him
Henrik isn't going anywhere dude. He is settled in New York and absolutely loves the city. He is here for his entire career. Enough of this retarded discussion.

nevesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Water1

Would be nice if we played like kings or the blues
Pucks to the walls, all out forechecking.
Western conference looks tough

Old
05-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah View Post
I think it might be best for all parties if Hank leaves.

He gets a shot with a real team and the Rangers will sink like a rock and hopefully get the cleansing they've needed since '97.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Water1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
It was Fehr.
Knew it was a 4 letter word

Old
05-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
You're usually wrong about everything but this post is classic and way more entertaining than that game that happened this morning. Kudos.

Synergy27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:03 PM
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
I wasn't alive in the 80's so I missed out. But my old man tells me stories about how we were fast and had some awesome stuff going for us. Someone regale me with tales!
The Patrick Division at the time was by far and away the best division in all of hockey. Edmonton hadn't become totally dominant yet. It was basically the Islanders, Flyers, and Rangers, and to some extent, the Capitals. The Penguins and Devils were awful.

It usually ended up with the Rangers and Flyers meeting up in the first round, and the smaller, faster Rangers carving up the ice against the big, bad Flyers. The Islanders would struggle a little with the Caps. Then, the Islanders would break the Rangers' fans hearts. It wasn't even a case of the Islanders being all that much better than the Rangers, it was just a slight difference, and the Rangers could never catch a break.

Had the Caps been able to pull an upset, or if the Rangers had been able to beat the Islanders, there would have been a Cup on Broadway.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:05 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I think it might be best for all parties if Hank leaves.

He gets a shot with a real team and the Rangers will sink like a rock and hopefully get the cleansing they've needed since '97.
He's NOT going to leave though. While hockey is a very important part of his life, it isn't his WHOLE life. He loves New York, his family is settled here, he has business interests here and he isn't going anywhere. He will be a New York Ranger for the rest of his career. For better, or for worse.

nevesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
He's NOT going to leave though. While hockey is a very important part of his life, it isn't his WHOLE life. He loves New York, his family is settled here, he has business interests here and he isn't going anywhere. He will be a New York Ranger for the rest of his career. For better, or for worse.
Well then he has my sympathies.