Phaneuf

Old
05-04-2013, 09:27 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuleminFan41 View Post
Hell, I'm not even saying its a clean hit at all. I'm saying, WAIT!
Most of us watching NESN saw it live and replay multiple times. Not our fault your broadcast outlets want to cover it up.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Neely08

What's good enough for Ference should be good enough for Phanuef. I'd of preferred a call, not sure how that's missed w/ 7 mins left down a goal.

Ference wasn't even initiating contact, just reacting to an incoming forechecker. Phanuef came from 15 feet and initiated contact w/ an elbow. He knew right away what he'd done, watch the reaction on that cro-magnon face of his, "mE bAd??".

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Smif

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingchicklet View Post
CBC did show one replay, but it wasn't a closeup. I looked at it several times on the DVR and it was obviously an illegal hit to the head. Anyone who says it wasn't needs to explain how a man's nose gets cut and starts bleeding out of the blue. Shanny's wheel of justice is indeed unpredictable, but at least one game is warranted in this case, maybe more.
Guy gets hit, body, hits boards, head flings back, visor clips nose. Luke Schenn pretty much always has an open cut there. Happens all the time to lots of people.

PS. I haven't seen a replay yet so I have no idea what happened on the play, just stating that the nose can bleed without a hit to the head.

Smif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin

I might've need a YT but seeing as how noones got one up yet, we might never get one... **** off.

I hope he gets the suspension he deserves, regardless of attention.

Chieftans22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
Maybe there isn't anything to discuss? Making accusations without proof is ridiculous. Wait until there's an actual video then discuss. Because what happens if it really is a clean hit? Will B's fans apologize? No of course not
lol a clean hit on a guy who was nowhere near the puck?

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Quote:
Maybe there isn't anything to discuss? Making accusations without proof is ridiculous. Wait until there's an actual video then discuss. Because what happens if it really is a clean hit? Will B's fans apologize? No of course not
I won't apologize, but I'll admit I was wrong.

I feel strongly that the Dion got his elbow up and it caught Paille in the dome. They missed an easy elbowing call, and I found it too be worse in impact and intent than Ference's hit, so it should be punished accordingly. I don't care if it's not, and I don't expect anything to happen.

chuckdobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
lol a clean hit on a guy who was nowhere near the puck?
That happened all night without any interference penalties, so why would we expect a penalty with this one?

Ference the Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
What I find hilarious were the Bruin's fans claiming it wasn't a dirty hit by Ference and are now trying to jump at Phaneuf and there's not a single frame to prove it. Just wait is all
Most of us have seen it several times on NESN. It was worse than the Ference hit. And most people agreed that Ference's hit was dirty.

Ference the Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:33 PM
RussellmaniaKW

Paille didn't even have the puck when Phaneuf hit him. Even it wasn't a hit to the head, it was still an incredibly late one.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
I see we have turned into Montreal
I'd say it is more of a case that you are no different from all other fanbases in this league some are just more vocal than others due to size.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
zoA

I don't know guys, I feel like Phaneuf was just bracing for the hit and Paille was leaning too low...

I haven't seen the slow-mo replay yet so I'll reserve my actual judgement

zoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:34 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

vCash: 2090
I will not comment on the Phaneuf hit because my stream was as bias as they get. I will make this comment though; The refs have been terrible since the first puck was dropped to start the season to even now in the post season. Much like players get punished and suspended, the fans should be able to hear when a ref crosses the line and be able to view his consequence. All and all, brutal refs.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:35 PM
chuckdobbins

The easiest thing for Shanahan to do is just turn a blind eye, which I expect will happen.

chuckdobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
KuleminFan41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
Main board never let's anything stay up for long where Bruins as victims are concerned-I think mostly because they tend to them into Habs fans and Canucks fans discussing how dirty the Bruins are.

I do agree that it helps to discuss this stuff when there is video.

From the NESN replays it was a hit to the head and if Shanahan wants to defend it he is going to have to jump through some hoops to do so, but as long as the Toronto media pretends like it didn't happen Shanahan can pretend like it didn't happen (after all the elbow to Dougies head in the regular season was more blatant than Ference's and Shanahan didn't review it at all).
Shannahan watches every game. So even if you want to believe he wont see it, he will. In fact, he watches games in a room with what looks like 20 screens. So I highly doubt he didn't see something in a game

KuleminFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MrShift4
GRRRR.......Babe

I saw a shoulder to the head but would really like to see it again.

MrShift4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:36 PM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ference the Finger View Post
That happened all night without any interference penalties, so why would we expect a penalty with this one?
There was one interference penalty called and it was against Chara.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:36 PM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Any one else questions the moderators on closing that thread on the main board will be hit with an infraction for mod abuse.

TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:37 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felstead View Post
Hughson and Healy have a hard on for the bruins. More so than towards the leafs so rephrase your comment, no troll.

Good game, excited to be back on home ice and hear "go leafs go"
You are out of your mind if you think Glen Healy is in any way favorable towards the BRuins.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:37 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Shannahan watches every game. So even if you want to believe he wont see it, he will. In fact, he watches games in a room with what looks like 20 screens. So I highly doubt he didn't see something in a game
He would if he was watching CBC

Seriously they made practically nothing about it. They showed a replay of the incident once but it wasn't a good angle at all and it was completely in the background

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Egoclapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
CBC (who showed the Ference hit as much as possible) have yet to show the Phaneuf hit even once. Are they covering for their team's captain?

It has become so apparent that Canadian media decides what hits should be suspended or not. If there is no (media driven) hype for a hit then there is no suspension.

Apparently Paille was bleeding, but stays on his feet a lot more than Grabovski...
Was it much different than the Ference hit?

So, I just thought we need to represent our guys and bring attention to it. Does anyone have a replay of it?
I didn't see it but people miss things.

Lucic threw an elbow on Grabovski, but Grabovski shook it off, went right back and man handled him.

Egoclapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:40 PM
KuleminFan41

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post

Seriously they made practically nothing about it. They showed a replay of the incident once but it wasn't a good angle at all and it was completely in the background
If they found something bad, they'd show it. Thats all I can really say. IDK to be honest, I'm not saying its clean or dirty because quite frankly IDK. People are saying NESN feed yet all I heard was people talking about CBC which is confusing to me. Were people really watching BOTH? lol Either way, making accusations without proof is just annoying and makes people look bad

KuleminFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Egoclapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post

The CBC feed is about as anti-Leaf as it gets.

Egoclapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Felstead
Boss Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
You are out of your mind if you think Glen Healy is in any way favorable towards the BRuins.
Moreso than the leafs...

P.S Healy was a backup in
T.O and got crapped on.

P.S.S please don't delete my
Comment, I would like a discussion. Thankyou. Your board or my board, it don't matter, no trolling involved here

Last edited by smithformeragent: 05-04-2013 at 09:43 PM. Reason: ugh
Felstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
acr*

There's a real double-standard going on.

Everyone is dismissing te idea of Phaneuf elbowing Paille in the face because of a "lack of evidence". No replays yet, even though live it was fairly obvious.

Yet one guy on twitter made some claim that a Bruins fan punched a Leafs fan leaving the Garden and they're all acting like Boston is such a horrible city and it means our fanbase is terrible.

acr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:42 PM
RedBruin

Quote:
If they found something bad, they'd show it. Thats all I can really say. IDK to be honest, I'm not saying its clean or dirty because quite frankly IDK. People are saying NESN feed yet all I heard was people talking about CBC which is confusing to me. Were people really watching BOTH? lol Either way, making accusations without proof is just annoying and makes people look bad
It was an elbow straight to the face. That's not an accusation it's a fact. It is what it is. Not the end of the world but certainly not less of a headshot than Ference's.

RedBruin is offline   Reply With Quote