HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

The Craptacular Organization that is YOUR LOS ANGELES KINGS

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2006, 12:45 AM
TubbyTerrion*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
The Craptacular Organization that is YOUR LOS ANGELES KINGS

OK, forget the game and the product we saw on ice tonight, it's the exhibition season, and the team was just flat-out duller than a Yanni CD.

Let's talk marketing, and I know many of the children that poo-poo this sort of thing will just think I'm having a menstrual moment, but I speak the truth.

This organization blows chunks. How... repeat HOW is it possible that when 10,000 people returned to Staples for their first look at the NEW Los Angeles Kings, replete with new President, General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Coach, and players could NOT break a buck and print a friggin' roster sheet for the people entering the arena. NOTHING. How about sending one of those crack interns to Kinkos and do a double sided piece of 8.5x11 white paper with the rosters of the Kings and the Sharks... hell... throw in the Duck roster and you'll cover the only other "home" game on the exhibition schedule. NOTHING. CRAPTACULAR. David Courtney must not have gotten the lack-of-memo, because he told us about changes to our rosters, and announced scratches for both teams. JUST LAME.

You're trying to cultivate fans, not leave them groping for the light switch in the dark. Just sad. The same organization that champions the slogan PLAY HARD doesn't THINK HARD at all. Hopefully they rectify the situation for next Monday's game, but if they don't you have to wonder what their reasoning is. No organization, much less one that is trying to re-establish credibility after failing in so many areas over the past few seasons, would allow 10,000 fans to enter a building and not do ANYTHING to promote awareness and visibility of the sweeping changes to the team's personnel.

Shame on you.

Now, that being said, after watching that SH** STORM for three periods, who really cares about the personnel that littered the ice. They tell fans not to throw garbage onto the ice... someone should tell the coaches!

Old
09-20-2006, 12:51 AM
ILuvLA

Don't hold back - tell us how you really feel.....

Old
09-20-2006, 01:04 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA View Post
Don't hold back - tell us how you really feel.....
I take it from your response that you (potentially) disagree. You might consider a response that would indicate some sort of though on your part. Using a "shakehead" smily doesn't really explain why you disagree.

Old
09-20-2006, 01:11 AM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
I take it from your response that you (potentially) disagree. You might consider a response that would indicate some sort of though on your part. Using a "shakehead" smily doesn't really explain why you disagree.
Sorry, I attached the shakehead emoticon by mistake. I meant to attach the one right next to it, I was just razzing you because you were so, well, emphatic, no hold's barred in your comments.

I agree that they should have had some type of roster, it made no sense.
Actually, I didn't go to the game tonight expecting a repeat of last night's game. Especially when I saw who the bulk of the players were going to be - most were guys that will be sent down in the next day or so. At least they didn't quit trying as was the habit of last year's team.

Old
09-20-2006, 01:26 AM
lakings41

I agree on the snooze fest. But you're moaning about a roster sheet? You're a Kings die hard and you should know everybody out there. If he was wearing black and orange with number 10 on his back you'd be doing cart wheels and telling everybody his family tree.
The Kings have tons to sort out besides roster sheets. But who cares, it's pre-season and they'll work the kinks out. They need to work on the ice more than anything else. We might as well use a ball for our home games.
I was at last nights game and I didn't see any roster sheets?

Old
09-20-2006, 01:26 AM
CBGB

Well, having sat next to Tubby for the first period, there really wasn't much to talk about....

...it started out with the resurrection of the little girl from "Annie" (or was it Jon Benet Ramsey?) only this one sang the National Anthem in about 15 different keys.

I then asked Tubby as they played "Metal Music" whom this was intended for since my guess would be most of the season ticket holders are NOT in the "Metal" demo of 18-25. Granted, I'm not looking for Elvis music, but rap and angry Metal at a Kings hockey game? Then they had the nerve to play Devo?

We didn't score on the power play and we let up a power play goal - What? You expected changes so soon?

They charge more for beer at the Fox Sports Bar and they have a new crappier reduced menu.

Thanks Tubby for rescuing me - the extra ticket was much appreciated - Stacey and I sat in the bar for the entire 2nd period talking about our weekend in Vegas (not together) - what did we miss? -

Blake was booed - hysterical

Parking was 20 bucks across the street - the buildings are being erected as we speak and Downtown will soon be an even bigger nightmare.

Some a-hole plowed into the back of my brand new car after the game while I was stopped at a red light then had the audacity to say "what? It wasn't my fault" - I said "okay, I'll just call the cops and have them give you a breathalyzer" - My neck hurts REAL bad tonight.

Not the way to start a new season.

Old
09-20-2006, 01:30 AM
riseandfall9

HAHAHA HOLY COW! CBBG On HFBOARDS? This should cause some havok! . Who cares....About the Music. I think today was great because it shows that Cammaleri and Frolov arnt good enough to carry the Kings like the managment is hoping...It also showed how horrible mormina and everyone else besides for Sully, Kope and HArrold are. Lukacevic is okay but he doesnt have much offensive upside hes a defensive center for sure. I like Dallman. LOL Short little ***** running around the ice hitting people shooting every shot from the point, we need that. Mormina sucked..O`Sullivan and Kopitar are really good...but they arnt no Sidney Crosby. Kope and Sully will have 25 points each and be alot better next season. They belong in the NHL just arnt as standout as everyone seems. No savior. Frolov , Cammaleri , O`Sullivan really really need a playmaker man. We need someone like Joe Thornton to tie everything together and just feed to everyone. Did I mention that Mormina sucks? And Cloutier is a siv?

Last edited by riseandfall9: 09-20-2006 at 01:38 AM.
Old
09-20-2006, 01:35 AM
Mr_Jones*

May be they thought anyone coming to a preseason game was already a pretty big Kings fan and knew the players.

Old
09-20-2006, 01:37 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakings41 View Post
I agree on the snooze fest. But you're moaning about a roster sheet? You're a Kings die hard and you should know everybody out there. If he was wearing black and orange with number 10 on his back you'd be doing cart wheels and telling everybody his family tree.
The Kings have tons to sort out besides roster sheets. But who cares, it's pre-season and they'll work the kinks out. They need to work on the ice more than anything else. We might as well use a ball for our home games.
I was at last nights game and I didn't see any roster sheets?
I'm hardly talking about my personal needs. I'm talking about an organization that needs to address the fans that come into the building after spending three consecutive seasons out of the the playoffs, who might be interested in knowing a little bit about the team on the ice. It really isn't trivial. I'm talking about the marketing department... I'm talking about the braintrust who give us Card Sharks and Kiss Cams but can't do jackzhit to educate the casual fan about who is on the ice FOR EITHER TEAM.l

Old
09-20-2006, 01:39 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
I'm hardly talking about my personal needs. I'm talking about an organization that needs to address the fans that come into the building after spending three consecutive seasons out of the the playoffs, who might be interested in knowing a little bit about the team on the ice. It really isn't trivial. I'm talking about the marketing department... I'm talking about the braintrust who give us Card Sharks and Kiss Cams but can't do jackzhit to educate the casual fan about who is on the ice FOR EITHER TEAM.l
I cant say anything because in PR7 they give programs with roster sheets

Old
09-20-2006, 01:39 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
May be they thought anyone coming to a preseason game was already a pretty big Kings fan and knew the players.
or maybe they thought no one would care. That pretty much sums up 39 years of futility with this franchise.

Old
09-20-2006, 01:40 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
I cant say anything because in PR7 they give programs with roster sheets
yeah? tonight? i doubt it.

Old
09-20-2006, 01:42 AM
Belanger25
ZUES!

"Who the Hell is Pavelski"

Heard that while walking out of Staples Center

I thankfully was given a press sheet by my friend in the media. But besides Joe Pavelski(Always liked him in college) the game sucked.

Old
09-20-2006, 01:43 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
man, at least Tubby is in game shape!

Old
09-20-2006, 02:01 AM
TubbyTerrion*

OK, sidebar... most bizarre sighting on a training camp roster tonight... JASON PODOLLAN was in the RED WINGS lineup tonight. That is WEIRD.

Old
09-20-2006, 02:02 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
"Who the Hell is Pavelski"

Heard that while walking out of Staples Center

I thankfully was given a press sheet by my friend in the media. But besides Joe Pavelski(Always liked him in college) the game sucked.
Pavelski was really impressive in the rookie tournament as well. He had at least one game with a couple goals. I liked him a lot the 3 games I saw.

Old
09-20-2006, 02:11 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
yeah? tonight? i doubt it.
Yup...And a slip for 12 game packages

Old
09-20-2006, 02:53 AM
Venom_17

An honest question for Tubby:

If this organization sucks so bad and you have so many problems with it, why do you cheer for them? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Old
09-20-2006, 04:17 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17 View Post

If this organization sucks so bad and you have so many problems with it, why do you cheer for them? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Another lgk-like thread, impressing.
Why don't you go back there Tubby?

Old
09-20-2006, 04:45 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:

I'll take a stab at this one.

It bothers me that the organization "sucks so bad" because the Kings were MY team long before AEG bought them out of bankruptcy. No, they were OUR team - they belonged to the group of hardcore fans who had supported the team through all of the tough years. After all the years of being the unwanted stepchild of the Cooke/Buss eras, the unintended fraud vehicle with McNall, and the potential flip project for Sudicoff and Cohen, we were all fed a bill of goods that the AEG era was going to be different.

Obviously that wasn't true.

The truly sad part is that it wouldn't take much to fix some of the marketing problems this franchise has. Here are just a few off the top of my head:
  • A usable website would be nice - it's not like they aren't spending the money already.
  • What would it take to put together a 5-10 minute daily report that could be streamed on the website? Training camp report / reports on the Monarchs and Royals / top prospects, etc. It's not without precedence - FWIW, the Leafs have their own 24/7/365 cable channel
  • Embrace the history of the Kings - even before Gretzky
  • Did anyone even consider that rosters might be a nice touch for the fans that couldn't make it to every camp session? I like to think I'm pretty familiar with the roster, but I couldn't tell you every player's number right now.
  • The 9/11 snub of Bailey and Bavis.

It wouldn't take much of an effort to fix these issues along with many others that have cropped up over the last few years. It WOULD take somebody to not take the fans for granted.

We were Kings fans before AEG - and we'll be Kings fans long after AEG has moved on. In the meantime, - AEG, please - try to pretend that you care as much as we do.

Old
09-20-2006, 09:11 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
The saddest part about being a Kings fan is Duck fans can now make fun of us. We all know the Kings are intended to make money, they have no shot at winning this season and stockpiled 3rd liners as the rest of the NHL moves to high skilled players. The Kings took the Blackhawk approach of 2005-2006 and will pay dearly in the standings. The fans who buy tickets are just feeding the machine that is AEG.

Old
09-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Fat Elvis

Tubby, ask the doctor about changing your meds. Maybe the good Doc has got the dosage wrong? Dude, you are the same one crying how crappy this team is in the first place. Now that you see the game, you cry how crappy the team is. Quit your crying and moaning and belittling of and about every little damn thing. Get over it already.

Old
09-20-2006, 09:41 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:

Who says I cheer for them? I happen to live closer in proximity to them than any of the 30 NHL teams, and I've been a hockey fan since I attended my first game 42 years ago. I've lived in Los Angeles on and off since 1976, and so therefore I've seen more Kings games than any other team, but "cheer for them?"... not very much over the past 30 years... once in a while, but for the most part, if I am looking for GOOD hockey... nah...

I've said it before, I'll say it again... the BEST trade that could be made... The Lakers to Anaheim for the Ducks... then there'd be TWO hockey teams at Staples and I could be assured of watching better hockey at least half the time.

Old
09-20-2006, 11:48 AM
VisionQuest*

this thread really makes me miss weekday games at MSG.

Old
09-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Game Misconduct

No way there were 10,000 people there last night. Looked more like 3,500 to me.

Closed Thread