HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official Oil Kings Thread: 2012-2013 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2013, 10:45 PM
dixs35

vCash: 250
Pairing of Musil and Lowe are having a rough night.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Kirby

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kirby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Preston View Post
The WHL's site is messed up (again).

Edit: shots were 11-11 in the second period.
Thanks.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:47 PM
lopper

vCash: 50
Take the split and run now. Need to win both games in Edmonton.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:53 PM
#ualberta

I'll take the split
Game 3 will be huge

Old
05-04-2013, 10:53 PM
Brewster

Ouch.

Did anyone else notice the Portland player tackling Mayo at the blueline to set up the second Portland goal? Obviously Portland has been the vastly superior team tonight, but I thought that was a pretty blatant penalty.

We definitely have to win the two games at home to put ourselves in a position to win this thing.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:57 PM
monkeywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Ouch.

Did anyone else notice the Portland player tackling Mayo at the blueline to set up the second Portland goal? Obviously Portland has been the vastly superior team tonight, but I thought that was a pretty blatant penalty.

We definitely have to win the two games at home to put ourselves in a position to win this thing.
Yup threw a hit then dragged him down leaving an open lane for the guy to come in and shoot. I am not to fond of the refs right now.

Old
05-04-2013, 11:06 PM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Portland blew their wad in the first.

They had very little left after that.
Uh yeah.... no. You are obviously very wrong.

Old
05-04-2013, 11:09 PM
Q Continuum
You are Wrong

vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
Uh yeah.... no. You are obviously very wrong.
Uh yeah, no. He was referring to game one.

Old
05-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

While acknowledging the fantastic play of the Winterhawks... that was one of the Oil Kings' worst efforts of the season. Completely outclassed all over the ice and the score flattered them. It was a really Oileresque effort... how many scoring chances did we get tonight? 3? 4? That powerplay drought is going to kill them if they don't figure it out between now and Tuesday.

Old
05-04-2013, 11:36 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Ouch.

Yup. Portland got away with a lot of stuff and that play was especially frustrating but that doesn't excuse the Oil Kings from their awful effort.

Old
05-05-2013, 07:57 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Garbage officiating. Corrupt even. Just disgusting.

Poor play by the Oil Kings as well. Couldnt make or take a pass all night. Still, would like to see the players decide the games/series and not the officials.

Old
05-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
While acknowledging the fantastic play of the Winterhawks... that was one of the Oil Kings' worst efforts of the season. Completely outclassed all over the ice and the score flattered them. It was a really Oileresque effort... how many scoring chances did we get tonight? 3? 4? That powerplay drought is going to kill them if they don't figure it out between now and Tuesday.
This kings club isn't showing much different than last years version. Put them against reasonable opposition and they start to get outplayed and have trouble generating anything. Winterhawks have badly outplayed them in both games and even the Hitmen took them to game seven.

Its hard to imagine the Kings developing enough moxy to now control both home games.

The PP is pathetic. This team has zero killer instinct and that will get them when marbles are on the line. They didn't really close the deal against Calgary in game 7 either. Even in a home game they were keyed up, couldn't make a play, and merely survived.

Old
05-05-2013, 11:06 AM
dookers9

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Garbage officiating. Corrupt even. Just disgusting.

Poor play by the Oil Kings as well. Couldnt make or take a pass all night. Still, would like to see the players decide the games/series and not the officials.
Yeah, there were some bad calls against the OKs, but there were a couple mediocre even ups against Portland, too. poor job across the board.

But as is the consensus, they just didn't have it in them tonight. Scattered and shaken most of the game, with fundamentals just not there. The fact they pushed back for the 2nd in game 1 is promising - hoping they can still turn this series around.

But who didn't see last night coming? Desperate, desperate Portland believing they were due better in game 1, while the Oil Kings - on some level - were satisfied with a split. It unfolded as it should.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Brewster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
This kings club isn't showing much different than last years version. Put them against reasonable opposition and they start to get outplayed and have trouble generating anything. Winterhawks have badly outplayed them in both games and even the Hitmen took them to game seven.

Its hard to imagine the Kings developing enough moxy to now control both home games.

The PP is pathetic. This team has zero killer instinct and that will get them when marbles are on the line. They didn't really close the deal against Calgary in game 7 either. Even in a home game they were keyed up, couldn't make a play, and merely survived.
These are the two things that really concern me about this Kings team.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:42 PM
speeds

How has everyone felt Petan has looked?

Old
05-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds View Post
Fantastic junior player. Deadly shot. ... But he's small. Like ridiculously small and yet he likes to dangle to the middle of the ice in the offensive zone (like a lot of junior players). I can't imagine him becoming an effective NHL player. He'll get slaughtered.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:00 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds View Post
Passes too much. If he would shoot more he would be more effective. Everyone and their dog knows he isnt going to take the shot from the two games Ive seen.

Rattie and Leipsic have been driving that line. Petan has been along for the ride.

Old
05-06-2013, 08:13 PM
17Kurri

If we don't get at least one of Cheek or Reinhart within the next couple of games, this series will be over in the next two games, with game 5 in Portland just a formality. We don't have a dman who can settle a game down like Reinhart can and we're short big fwds who can play physical and score like Cheek. It's a recipe for disaster against Portland's firepower and transition game.

Old
05-06-2013, 09:47 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Kurri View Post
If we don't get at least one of Cheek or Reinhart within the next couple of games, this series will be over in the next two games, with game 5 in Portland just a formality. We don't have a dman who can settle a game down like Reinhart can and we're short big fwds who can play physical and score like Cheek. It's a recipe for disaster against Portland's firepower and transition game.
Neither will be back.

Old
05-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Reinhart won't even be back for the Memorial cup final if we make it. Unless his middle name is Karlsson.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:04 PM
17Kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Neither will be back.
Then I will continue to cheer for the OK's without the expectation of victory...a ritual I've unfortunately gotten quite used to with my support of the Oilers.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:52 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Kurri View Post
Then I will continue to cheer for the OK's without the expectation of victory...a ritual I've unfortunately gotten quite used to with my support of the Oilers.
Cheek likely won't play the next two games, but I think he will return for game 5. Reiner isn't coming back at all, barring a miracle. Big losses but don't write them off.

Old
05-07-2013, 07:23 AM
edmontonfan59

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Cheek likely won't play the next two games, but I think he will return for game 5. Reiner isn't coming back at all, barring a miracle. Big losses but don't write them off.
Cheek didn't practice yesterday so I'd dought even game 5.

Old
05-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Um, Edmonton?? What the hell's wrong with you? Right now we're tracking at less than 10,000 for tonight's game barring a massive walk-up (as per Terry Jones). That's awful and "It's Tuesday!" doesn't fly as an excuse. There were almost 11,000 people at Game 7 last Tuesday. Go out and support this team. They need a lift after Game 2.

Old
05-07-2013, 04:58 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Um, Edmonton?? What the hell's wrong with you? Right now we're tracking at less than 10,000 for tonight's game barring a massive walk-up (as per Terry Jones). That's awful and "It's Tuesday!" doesn't fly as an excuse. There were almost 11,000 people at Game 7 last Tuesday. Go out and support this team. They need a lift after Game 2.
After Sunday's MTL-OTT game I don't think many want to miss that. Plus the potential for the Nucks to cause another riot.

Closed Thread