HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official Oil Kings Thread: 2012-2013 Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2013, 10:45 PM
  #776
dixs35
Registered User
 
dixs35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: E-town
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,456
vCash: 250
Pairing of Musil and Lowe are having a rough night.

dixs35 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 10:47 PM
  #777
Kirby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 216
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kirby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Preston View Post
The WHL's site is messed up (again).

Edit: shots were 11-11 in the second period.
Thanks.

Kirby is online now  
Old
05-04-2013, 10:47 PM
  #778
lopper
Registered User
 
lopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 806
vCash: 50
Take the split and run now. Need to win both games in Edmonton.

lopper is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 10:53 PM
  #779
402
#ualberta
 
402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Egypt
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 500
I'll take the split
Game 3 will be huge

402 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 10:53 PM
  #780
Brewster
Registered User
 
Brewster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Ouch.

Did anyone else notice the Portland player tackling Mayo at the blueline to set up the second Portland goal? Obviously Portland has been the vastly superior team tonight, but I thought that was a pretty blatant penalty.

We definitely have to win the two games at home to put ourselves in a position to win this thing.

Brewster is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 10:57 PM
  #781
monkeywrench
Registered User
 
monkeywrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Ouch.

Did anyone else notice the Portland player tackling Mayo at the blueline to set up the second Portland goal? Obviously Portland has been the vastly superior team tonight, but I thought that was a pretty blatant penalty.

We definitely have to win the two games at home to put ourselves in a position to win this thing.
Yup threw a hit then dragged him down leaving an open lane for the guy to come in and shoot. I am not to fond of the refs right now.

monkeywrench is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 11:06 PM
  #782
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...
 
stratedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,225
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Portland blew their wad in the first.

They had very little left after that.
Uh yeah.... no. You are obviously very wrong.

stratedge is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 11:09 PM
  #783
Q Continuum
You are Wrong
 
Q Continuum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
Uh yeah.... no. You are obviously very wrong.
Uh yeah, no. He was referring to game one.

Q Continuum is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 11:34 PM
  #784
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
While acknowledging the fantastic play of the Winterhawks... that was one of the Oil Kings' worst efforts of the season. Completely outclassed all over the ice and the score flattered them. It was a really Oileresque effort... how many scoring chances did we get tonight? 3? 4? That powerplay drought is going to kill them if they don't figure it out between now and Tuesday.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 11:36 PM
  #785
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Ouch.

Did anyone else notice the Portland player tackling Mayo at the blueline to set up the second Portland goal? Obviously Portland has been the vastly superior team tonight, but I thought that was a pretty blatant penalty.

We definitely have to win the two games at home to put ourselves in a position to win this thing.
Yup. Portland got away with a lot of stuff and that play was especially frustrating but that doesn't excuse the Oil Kings from their awful effort.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 07:57 AM
  #786
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,223
vCash: 8345
Garbage officiating. Corrupt even. Just disgusting.

Poor play by the Oil Kings as well. Couldnt make or take a pass all night. Still, would like to see the players decide the games/series and not the officials.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 11:02 AM
  #787
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
While acknowledging the fantastic play of the Winterhawks... that was one of the Oil Kings' worst efforts of the season. Completely outclassed all over the ice and the score flattered them. It was a really Oileresque effort... how many scoring chances did we get tonight? 3? 4? That powerplay drought is going to kill them if they don't figure it out between now and Tuesday.
This kings club isn't showing much different than last years version. Put them against reasonable opposition and they start to get outplayed and have trouble generating anything. Winterhawks have badly outplayed them in both games and even the Hitmen took them to game seven.

Its hard to imagine the Kings developing enough moxy to now control both home games.

The PP is pathetic. This team has zero killer instinct and that will get them when marbles are on the line. They didn't really close the deal against Calgary in game 7 either. Even in a home game they were keyed up, couldn't make a play, and merely survived.

Replacement is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 11:06 AM
  #788
dookers9
Registered User
 
dookers9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Garbage officiating. Corrupt even. Just disgusting.

Poor play by the Oil Kings as well. Couldnt make or take a pass all night. Still, would like to see the players decide the games/series and not the officials.
Yeah, there were some bad calls against the OKs, but there were a couple mediocre even ups against Portland, too. poor job across the board.

But as is the consensus, they just didn't have it in them tonight. Scattered and shaken most of the game, with fundamentals just not there. The fact they pushed back for the 2nd in game 1 is promising - hoping they can still turn this series around.

But who didn't see last night coming? Desperate, desperate Portland believing they were due better in game 1, while the Oil Kings - on some level - were satisfied with a split. It unfolded as it should.

dookers9 is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 12:39 PM
  #789
Brewster
Registered User
 
Brewster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
This kings club isn't showing much different than last years version. Put them against reasonable opposition and they start to get outplayed and have trouble generating anything. Winterhawks have badly outplayed them in both games and even the Hitmen took them to game seven.

Its hard to imagine the Kings developing enough moxy to now control both home games.

The PP is pathetic. This team has zero killer instinct and that will get them when marbles are on the line. They didn't really close the deal against Calgary in game 7 either. Even in a home game they were keyed up, couldn't make a play, and merely survived.
These are the two things that really concern me about this Kings team.

Brewster is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 12:42 PM
  #790
speeds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St.Albert
Posts: 6,822
vCash: 500
How has everyone felt Petan has looked?

speeds is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 12:52 PM
  #791
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds View Post
How has everyone felt Petan has looked?
Fantastic junior player. Deadly shot. ... But he's small. Like ridiculously small and yet he likes to dangle to the middle of the ice in the offensive zone (like a lot of junior players). I can't imagine him becoming an effective NHL player. He'll get slaughtered.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 03:00 PM
  #792
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,223
vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds View Post
How has everyone felt Petan has looked?
Passes too much. If he would shoot more he would be more effective. Everyone and their dog knows he isnt going to take the shot from the two games Ive seen.

Rattie and Leipsic have been driving that line. Petan has been along for the ride.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 08:13 PM
  #793
17Kurri
Registered User
 
17Kurri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,258
vCash: 500
If we don't get at least one of Cheek or Reinhart within the next couple of games, this series will be over in the next two games, with game 5 in Portland just a formality. We don't have a dman who can settle a game down like Reinhart can and we're short big fwds who can play physical and score like Cheek. It's a recipe for disaster against Portland's firepower and transition game.

17Kurri is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 09:47 PM
  #794
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Kurri View Post
If we don't get at least one of Cheek or Reinhart within the next couple of games, this series will be over in the next two games, with game 5 in Portland just a formality. We don't have a dman who can settle a game down like Reinhart can and we're short big fwds who can play physical and score like Cheek. It's a recipe for disaster against Portland's firepower and transition game.
Neither will be back.

MoneyGuy is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 09:58 PM
  #795
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,604
vCash: 500
Reinhart won't even be back for the Memorial cup final if we make it. Unless his middle name is Karlsson.

Valic is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:04 PM
  #796
17Kurri
Registered User
 
17Kurri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Neither will be back.
Then I will continue to cheer for the OK's without the expectation of victory...a ritual I've unfortunately gotten quite used to with my support of the Oilers.

17Kurri is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:52 PM
  #797
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Kurri View Post
Then I will continue to cheer for the OK's without the expectation of victory...a ritual I've unfortunately gotten quite used to with my support of the Oilers.
Cheek likely won't play the next two games, but I think he will return for game 5. Reiner isn't coming back at all, barring a miracle. Big losses but don't write them off.

MoneyGuy is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 07:23 AM
  #798
edmontonfan59
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Cheek likely won't play the next two games, but I think he will return for game 5. Reiner isn't coming back at all, barring a miracle. Big losses but don't write them off.
Cheek didn't practice yesterday so I'd dought even game 5.

edmontonfan59 is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 04:32 PM
  #799
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Um, Edmonton?? What the hell's wrong with you? Right now we're tracking at less than 10,000 for tonight's game barring a massive walk-up (as per Terry Jones). That's awful and "It's Tuesday!" doesn't fly as an excuse. There were almost 11,000 people at Game 7 last Tuesday. Go out and support this team. They need a lift after Game 2.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 04:58 PM
  #800
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,857
vCash: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Um, Edmonton?? What the hell's wrong with you? Right now we're tracking at less than 10,000 for tonight's game barring a massive walk-up (as per Terry Jones). That's awful and "It's Tuesday!" doesn't fly as an excuse. There were almost 11,000 people at Game 7 last Tuesday. Go out and support this team. They need a lift after Game 2.
After Sunday's MTL-OTT game I don't think many want to miss that. Plus the potential for the Nucks to cause another riot.

joestevens29 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.