HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official 2013 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft Thread (Officially Underway!!)

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2013, 04:11 PM
LeHaboholique

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

With the 56th overall pick the Dallas Stars are pleased to select from the Belleville Bulls, defenseman Jordan Subban.

What excites us most about Jordan are his bloodlines. Even though he may not be as highly touted as his brothers, we believe he'll have the drive to be as good or better than either of them. He has incredible puck skills and while he may not be the tallest player, he can follow in his brother P.K.'s path of bulking up and using his skating to dominate bigger forwards.

Next GM has been PM'd.
Hoping the Canadiens would get him in the mock TBH. Awesome Boom or Busto prospect.(Only saying so to the relevance of his BODY not his SKILL working at the NHL level.)

Old
05-04-2013, 04:31 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I personally don't see much value in Buchnevich - in a mock draft setting particularly. I could see him slipping below the real draft's 2nd round for sure. As good as he looked in the U18 environment, I bet NHL scouts have the same doubts as myself. Assuming he even eventually decided to come over to the NHL instead of likely being a star back home, is the forecast of his ability to translate to the NHL setting sure enough to pick him up in the 2nd round of THIS draft? Seems like one of those gambles that SOMEone might make, but even at #55 this year there seem to be plenty of players without such a boom/bust dichotomy.

On that note, I am super, super pissed that I don't have any picks these rounds, with the glut of guys (including at least one person that I'm going to go ahead and call as a 1st rounder, MAYBE early, early 2nd round) still on the board...
I agree that in a real setting PB could slip, but I did feel with the minds we have on this mock he might have gone. Lot of wise hockey people, and I felt for the pick he had one of the higher boom potentials.

I may also have a few friends in Europe who know a thing or two about PB ;-)

Old
05-04-2013, 05:04 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Buch is just too inconsistent at every level. Even his coaches have been critical of that.

Old
05-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Hayden would be a great pick at that point. Come on guys...hurry up...but most importantly, don't take my guys and no...I'll shut down the rumor right away....Slepy is NOT on my list. Though, not because he isn't a good player.....I will just try to avoid being striked out yet again...

Old
05-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
The long wait !!

Old
05-04-2013, 05:53 PM
That

Hayden at 57 is an awesome pick. It was a really tight race between Arnesson, Hayden, and another player who shall remain nameless for my pick. I would be ecstatic if the Habs got him there.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:

With the 58th overall selection of this year's draft, the Edmonton Oilers are pleased to select, from Portland of the WHL; right winger Oliver Bjorkstrand!

"It's amazing to us that Oliver was available to us at this point in the draft, but we are pleased to be the ones selecting this young man. Bjorkstrand has high offensive upside to his game and has the skillset to someday make the top 6. The only trouble is his size, which can become a concern if he is not able to pack on some weight to his small frame. Still, we believe he has the motivation and the passion to do so, and his scoring ability will be much appreciated in the Oilers organization."

*Next GM PM'ed.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
05-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Nice pick Crimson. Oliver was on my shortlist, as well.

05-04-2013, 10:50 PM
HomaridII

With the 59th pick in the 2013 NHL entry draft, the Winnipeg Jets are proud to select Brett Pesce, from the UNiversity of New Hampshire.

At 6'3 but only 175 lbs, Pesce will grow have to work on getting bigger, but he has all the tools to be a good all around defenseman. Pesce is very athletic, has a superb outlet pass, a very active stick and plays the position with extreme calm, as evidence by all the minutes he logged as a freshman.

Old
05-04-2013, 11:05 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
With the 59th pick in the 2013 NHL entry draft, the Winnipeg Jets are proud to select Brett Pesce, from the UNiversity of New Hampshire.

At 6'3 but only 175 lbs, Pesce will grow have to work on getting bigger, but he has all the tools to be a good all around defenseman. Pesce is very athletic, has a superb outlet pass, a very active stick and plays the position with extreme calm, as evidence by all the minutes he logged as a freshman.
Great pick Homarid. Extremely raw but what this kid has done this year is really impressive. Saw him play twice and loved every shift of him. Don't remember seeing a guy that young being that composed defensively aside from the usual top 10 great of the past drafts. Potential steal right there. You stole a favorite of mine. Congrats.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 05-04-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old
05-04-2013, 11:55 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:

Solid pick here. Pesce is a nice project D-man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

With the 58th overall selection of this year's draft, the Edmonton Oilers are pleased to select, from Portland of the WHL; right winger Oliver Bjorkstrand!

"It's amazing to us that Oliver was available to us at this point in the draft, but we are pleased to be the ones selecting this young man. Bjorkstrand has high offensive upside to his game and has the skillset to someday make the top 6. The only trouble is his size, which can become a concern if he is not able to pack on some weight to his small frame. Still, we believe he has the motivation and the passion to do so, and his scoring ability will be much appreciated in the Oilers organization."

*Next GM PM'ed.
I like Bjorkstrand!! Meanie

Old
05-04-2013, 11:58 PM
overlords
Hfboards

can i has draft pick

Old
05-05-2013, 12:51 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Nice job, Crimson. He was 2nd on my list for the #47 pick.

Old
05-05-2013, 01:07 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
This gets the ever so (non) important HF18 seal of approval. Hayden was one of the guys I was debating back and fourth over, before selecting McCarron. I would LOVE for the Habs to scoop him up with one of their 2nd rounders.

Will PM next GM.
I have to second this. I was debating hard between him and Eric Roy at 45 (which you can attest to seeing I sent you my list ). Ultimately I thought the lack of strong defensive prospects in the Ducks prospect pool made Roy the better pick. But I would love for the Habs to land him in the 2nd round. I believe there is a lot of potential there. Improved skating will help him reach a higher ceiling in the NHL.

Old
05-05-2013, 01:58 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Bjorkstrand is gonna be such a steal if he goes mid 2nd or later. Very under the radar with all the talent at Portland.

Old
05-05-2013, 06:05 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Great pick Homarid. Extremely raw but what this kid has done this year is really impressive. Saw him play twice and loved every shift of him. Don't remember seeing a guy that young being that composed defensively aside from the usual top 10 great of the past drafts. Potential steal right there. You stole a favorite of mine. Congrats.
Thanks man. Shows how much talent there is in this draft that a guy with the potential of Pesce is available this late. Should be exciting for the Habs with all those picks.

Old
05-05-2013, 06:52 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

The San Jose Sharks are proud to select from the USDP Defenseman Keaton Thompson

Old
05-05-2013, 07:02 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post

The San Jose Sharks are proud to select from the USDP Defenseman Keaton Thompson
Nice pick. He, Subban and Bjorkstrand were on my shortlist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Bjorkstrand is gonna be such a steal if he goes mid 2nd or later. Very under the radar with all the talent at Portland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Nice job, Crimson. He was 2nd on my list for the #47 pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I like Bjorkstrand!! Meanie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Nice pick Crimson. Oliver was on my shortlist, as well.
My reaction when seeing that my three picks look great.

My reaction when realizing that I now have no picks for the next two rounds.

Old
05-05-2013, 07:08 AM
HomaridII

With the last pick in the 2nd round the Winnipeg Jets are extremely proud to select LW Adam Tambellini, who will be playing for the University of North Dakota next season.

Tambellini has the bloodlines to have a long NHL career, as well as the body, listed by the NHL at 6'2 but closer to 6'3, he is a big body sniper who scored 26 points in his last 16 games after a mid-season trade to Surrey, as well as scoring 18 points in 17 playoff games. He is a hard working player who never takes a shift off, qualities that will serve him well when he makes the NHL. Winnipeg is hopeful that this long term development project develops at the University of North Dakota in the same manner Canadiens prospect Danny Kristo did.

Old
05-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
With the last pick in the 2nd round the Winnipeg Jets are extremely proud to select LW Adam Tambellini, who will be playing for the University of North Dakota next season.

Tambellini has the bloodlines to have a long NHL career, as well as the body, listed by the NHL at 6'2 but closer to 6'3, he is a big body sniper who scored 26 points in his last 16 games after a mid-season trade to Surrey, as well as scoring 18 points in 17 playoff games. He is a hard working player who never takes a shift off, qualities that will serve him well when he makes the NHL. Winnipeg is hopeful that this long term development project develops at the University of North Dakota in the same manner Canadiens prospect Danny Kristo did.
Nice pick it was actually between Tambellini and Thompson for me, went with Keaton since I had already selected 3 forwads

Old
05-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Okay so now, you're going from "good job Homarid" to "I hate you with such a passion"....

Old
05-05-2013, 08:25 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Okay so now, you're going from "good job Homarid" to "I hate you with such a passion"....
lol

Good, that means I am making good picks

Old
05-05-2013, 08:26 AM
WeThreeKings

Quote:

I had Tambellini ranked 60th. Needless to say, nice selection.

Old
05-05-2013, 08:32 AM
WeThreeKings

With the 57th selection in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the Montreal Canadiens were proud to select from the United States Developmental Program, Center John Hayden.

"Hayden is going to the program in Yale which just participated in the frozen four tournmanet, we believe this will help his development. Hayden has power forward size and a power forward's game. He crashes the net, has good hands in tight and always goes to the dirty areas of the ice. His right handed shot at the center position is also something else we covet highly. We look forward to him developing his offensive game more and rounding out his game in all 3 zones."

Old
05-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

2 rounds complete. Awesome work guys!

Closed Thread