HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adding Tampa's 3rd pick

Old
05-01-2013, 07:28 PM
THE Florida Panthers
Potvin Forever!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
What if Kuba started a funny twitter account?
Kuba plays hockey for the Florida Panthers. That's funny enough for me.

THE Florida Panthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 07:36 PM
PSLguy
#committedtothecats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
To explain my madness about Luongo. Having followed him on Twitter I have warmed to him. Funny guy. Humor always can make me abandon some of my core beliefs.
Well, along this line of thinking, what if Vancouver buys out Luongo in an amnesty situation? Would you consider having a Luongo/Markstrom tandem next year?

PSLguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Erick*

Quote:
see my post in the Fantasy trade thread. I suggest Markstrom+ to Tampa for the third overall and Bjugstad to Vancouver for Luongo.
I dislike the ideas a lot.

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 09:17 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
see my post in the Fantasy trade thread. I suggest Markstrom+ to Tampa for the third overall and Bjugstad to Vancouver for Luongo.
they just traded Cory Conacher for Bishop and re-signed him to a multi-year deal. they're not going to trade the 3rd for yet another goalie.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 09:19 PM
flapanthersfan

if you want to be realistic as to what it would cost

one of kulikov/gudbranson, next years first and another good prospect (trochek? howden?)

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:34 PM
ShootIt

Way too much to consider.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:43 PM
ogonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
if you want to be realistic as to what it would cost

one of kulikov/gudbranson, next years first and another good prospect (trochek? howden?)
I'd still be happy with one of guds/kuli, next year's first, and a second rounder. Trojchek was way too much of a stud in the ohl this year. I want to see how he translates to the nhl. Howden still needs to develop a bit more, but I think he could be great with the right linemates.

That is already a lot being given up for their pick, but I just can't help but feel that the mackinnon, drouin, huberdeau combination would be great for the Panthers and their fanbase.

ogonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:47 PM
ogonz

I'd also be okay with next year's first, second, howden, and one of robak/strachan

Old
05-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogonz View Post
I'd also be okay with next year's first, second, howden, and one of robak/strachan
Not even close. What use would they have with Robak or Strachan? Strachan is a UFA to boot.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Lampshade85

I don't think there'd even be a shot of this ever happening. I don't think we have anything that the lightning urgently need, and with this draft year being as deep as it supposedly is why would they want to trade it away division rival? If it wasn't a division rival we were talking about I could see a small chance of it happening.

Lampshade85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:38 PM
Beezer
Trochek Was Tripped!

Kulikov/2014 1st rd pick to TB for #3 overall pick, draft Drouin.

If TB says no then:
Kulikov/Howden/2014 1st rd pick to Edmonton for #7 pick and Eberle

Eberle should do well on a line with Mac & Huby!
Trade #7 pick+Matthias(stock is high right now) to Chicago for Duncan Keith+2nd rd pick

Trade our now 2 2nd rd picks to get back into the 1st rd again and get another top notch prospect.

And we get the best grade in the draft by the sportscast.....I know, now I'm pushing it

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:33 AM
ogonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Kulikov/2014 1st rd pick to TB for #3 overall pick, draft Drouin.

If TB says no then:
Kulikov/Howden/2014 1st rd pick to Edmonton for #7 pick and Eberle

Eberle should do well on a line with Mac & Huby!
Trade #7 pick+Matthias(stock is high right now) to Chicago for Duncan Keith+2nd rd pick

Trade our now 2 2nd rd picks to get back into the 1st rd again and get another top notch prospect.

And we get the best grade in the draft by the sportscast.....I know, now I'm pushing it

Beezer for GM!

Old
05-02-2013, 09:23 AM
RainingRats

Bad idea. We'd have to overpay by a lot and it's a greedy move.

We need to keep our mature/maturing assets like Kulikov who was our best d-man this year instead of taking a guy like Drouin who wont be ready for another year. This team is finally coming together. MacKinnon should be the last lottery pick for a long time.

Drouin would be very nice to have but he's a step back overall for this franchise, considering what we'd have to give up.

RainingRats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:47 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Between Bishop, Vasilevski, Lindback, and Ramo, they probably have their guy. They just have to wait.
Karri Ramo belongs to Calgary.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Chino Oscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post

We need to keep our mature/maturing assets like Kulikov who was our best d-man this year instead of taking a guy like Drouin who wont be ready for another year. This team is finally coming together. MacKinnon should be the last lottery pick for a long time.

Drouin would be very nice to have but he's a step back overall for this franchise, considering what we'd have to give up.
Unless you can do a trade consisting of our offensive prospects, rather than touch any of our defense. We have a glut of young forward players, and only limited spots to offer. While I would hate to see them go elsewhere, reality is that there is not enough room for all of them, so why not trade some of the young talent that is maturing (but lack spots on the big team)

Chino Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 02:05 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chino Oscar View Post
Unless you can do a trade consisting of our offensive prospects, rather than touch any of our defense. We have a glut of young forward players, and only limited spots to offer. While I would hate to see them go elsewhere, reality is that there is not enough room for all of them, so why not trade some of the young talent that is maturing (but lack spots on the big team)
Because Tampa doesn't want them for the #3 pick. Drouin is a perfect replacement for St. Louis as a winger to Stamkos. They'd want Kulikov, Bjugstad, Shore type guys. Not Rau and Grimaldi. And we'd have to give multiple of them.

I'd rather have Kulikov and Bjugstad than one Drouin, and Drouin probably wouldn't even play next year. It's not worth it. We' have a good young core and we're well balanced. With Mac and Hubs we will have two legit first line players of the future. Perhaps one of Bjugstad, Trocheck, Shore etc. can surprise us with offense.

Plus, we sorta have a glut of young forwards. Some are still in college, some will take a couple more years to develop, some will bust, and we can always trade them for more solid D help or at the trade deadline to strengthen our team for a playoff run.

Old
05-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Android 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post

Right, so why not include our 1st in 2014 in a deal to get TB's 2013 1st. Does Tallon believe that his young guns will come together and pick up where the vets left in our last playoff run? If yes, then we would be picking low in the round anyway if we had a first. We wouldn't lose that much (considering we gained a prospect like jonathan drouin, the year before).

Last edited by Android 16: 05-04-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Android 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

There's really no telling where we'll finish next season. Another top 10 pick is definitely a possibility. And I dont think Drouin is going to play in the NHL next season, and if he does I dont think hell make that big of an impact. He 's still a ways from putting it all together as an NHL player IMO.

Old
05-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Android 16

Quote:
There's really no telling where we'll finish next season. Another top 10 pick is definitely a possibility. And I dont think Drouin is going to play in the NHL next season, and if he does I dont think hell make that big of an impact. He 's still a ways from putting it all together as an NHL player IMO.
Totally agree.

Android 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:01 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
Right, so why not include our 1st in 2014 in a deal to get TB's 2013 1st. Does Tallon believe that his young guns will come together and pick up where the vets left in our last playoff run? If yes, then we would be picking low in the round anyway if we had a first. We wouldn't lose that much (considering we gained a prospect like jonathan drouin, the year before).
Because Tampa wouldn't want to do that. Would you trade the #2 pick for Tampa's 2014 pick plus whatever else it would take? It's unrealistic to consider unless we're overpaying so much that it's not even worth it.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:02 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
I guess what I should have said was a top 3 pick.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:07 AM
Shockley
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 1065
Kulikov
Rights to Weiss
2014 1st rd pick

for

Tampas 3rd Overall
Vinny Lecavalier

Shockley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 12:27 AM
ShootIt

Start with Huberdeau,or Bjugstad if you want them to even listen.
Some of these deals make No sense for Tampa.

They have a shot at getting a very good forward, with an upside similar to Huberdeau. Why would they give that up for a guy like Shore, or Howden and next years first round pick?
You want a quality pick, got to give up quality in return.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 02:51 AM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

No freaking way to Lecavalier. Any deal with that ridiculous contract is a non-starter.

Old
05-05-2013, 06:23 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
You can make an argument that Drouin in 4-5 years time will be worth more than Kulikov and Bjugstad.

Remember when we were heavily rumoured to be trying to acquire the pick for Ovechkin? At the time the package seemed monsterous and it was universally assumed that it was a good thing that it never came to fruition. Well, years later ......

Usually if you have the chance to get the best young player in the deal it's worth serious consideration.

Of course the entire deal would hinge on how you envisage Kulikov developing. If you think he reaches the level of someone like Markov, it's difficult to trade him. If you think he doesn't progress beyond an inconsistent but smooth 2nd pairing defenseman ... well, you don't think twice.

Elite players to build around are more important than good to great players. If they want Drouin, and Tampa are open to deals, there would be only 2 or 3 assets you aren't willing to move. Those being Huberdeau, Markstrom and the 2nd overall pick.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote