HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The campaign for PK Subban to be the next captain has started

Old
05-05-2013, 03:41 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
I don't know? Watch him on 24ch? It might be shrouded by all the editing but he seems to love his teammates and his teammates seem to love him.
And yet we should trust this ?

seriously... people should think a little more, I like P.K. as much as I like Gallagher, Galchenyuk and all the others...

but what we see on the ice doesnt give any indication on how it is in the room. Just like we shouldnt put too much emphasis on what is shown on 24CH...

I mean, at the beginning, Gomez seemed to be a well liked guy in the dressing room, was media friendly too... you know.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 04:50 AM
GeneralMarky79

Next Captain will be Prust or Gorges. Dont be surprised to see Gally with an A either

GeneralMarky79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 05:03 AM
FinnHab

PK is helluva player but not captain material.

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 05:15 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Gorges is way in front and should be our next Captain. Subban is not that kind of unanimous leader guys will follow,

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Gorges is way in front and should be our next Captain. Subban is not that kind of unanimous leader guys will follow,
I don't think Gorges should be captain because I'm not convinced we're going to keep him around.

To me, PK, Markov, Emelin and Diaz are must keep. In a few years, Beaulieu and Tinordi should be regulars as well. Gorges becomes the expendable one.

I'm hoping we re-sign Gionta to a cheaper contract as a third liner/depth player. He will remain Captain.
I really see no reason for us to part ways with Gio after his contract. Just re-sign him to a cheaper deal and he'd be a great fit in a more specific and limited role.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 07:22 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Im pretty sure therrien will give the C to Galchenyuk... unless Subban on ice performance are too good to be put on the side.. he might try to pull a Crosby... wich inwoild be fine with i am convinced it will be a young player.. between the Subban, Galchenyuk or Gallagher (way beyond what i ever expected from him.. a gem)

Montreal Impact FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 07:24 AM
PricePkPatch

I doubt the actual "performance" on the ice is of any consequence. The important part is the effort displayed, and the willingness to do the hard play time and again.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 07:33 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozela View Post
I heard a couple of people on french and english radio mention it. Michel Bergeron/ Mario Langlois & a couple of guys on tsn690.

What they said is that he shows up for every game...

When Gionta is gone, Pk Subban will get the C
The players will choose the Captain, not the fans. It's not our business.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Why is it that EVERYTIME we have a success story we actually want to create a bigger one out of it? Let the kid do his thing. Let him work on his own things. When that's done, he'll take care of others. Can we just be careful with our captaincy around here? Not that long ago we had OBVIOUS candidates in Komisarek....Higgins......Then we had Gorges, though he was completely destroyed with his poor play this year....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
The players will choose the Captain, not the fans. It's not our business.
Didnt the management historically always chose the captain with the Canadiens??

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 08:15 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Didnt the management historically always chose the captain with the Canadiens??
Maybe. But that's still not the fans.

Not to you, but what is it with the facebook generation? They have to be INVOLVED in everything.

Captain of Habs is not about us, believe it or not. It's about the team, and it is their business.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Habs

I nominate Gorges because he is a well known shot blocker in this league.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 09:48 AM
DAChampion

The captaincy needs to go to one of the most important players in my opinion:

Price, Plekanec, Subban, Pacioretty, and eventually Galchenyuk will be candidates.

Some of you guys, nominating Gorges or Prust, I don't know if you have ever interacted with human beings before. In general, when you have groups of people, being the most effective or among the most effective people in the group makes you somebody people want to listen to.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 09:56 AM
ChikN

No gorges please.

ChikN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

If I had a dollar for every time a captain thread popped up after a win I'd have a lot more dollars.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:31 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Maybe. But that's still not the fans.

Not to you, but what is it with the facebook generation? They have to be INVOLVED in everything.

Captain of Habs is not about us, believe it or not. It's about the team, and it is their business.
Uh, no. Actually I've heard players go on record that the letters on the jersey are very much about the fans and that the players really don't care. They know who their leaders are. You really think Landeskog is the one everyone looks up to for guidance in Colorado? The letters are for show and marketing.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:54 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't think Gorges should be captain because I'm not convinced we're going to keep him around.
You would have to move him if you wanted to make PK captain. He's been the consensus "next captain" for a few years. The ******** he may feel if passed over (for PK, no less) could be huge.

This thread has shown me that we have a lot of players that are leaders. Wearing the C is nice and all, but when 10+ of your players would be suitable candidates, that is quite refreshing. Pick the guy that leads by example on the ice and that the media will respect.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:58 AM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Uh, no. Actually I've heard players go on record that the letters on the jersey are very much about the fans and that the players really don't care. They know who their leaders are. You really think Landeskog is the one everyone looks up to for guidance in Colorado? The letters are for show and marketing.
Well, they're also about who's talking to the refs.

Do we want Subban being the one speaking to the refs? Maybe not

1UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:00 AM
jpchabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
this sums it up well, I think most people would agree with this
And you would be right.

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:04 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
You would have to move him if you wanted to make PK captain. He's been the consensus "next captain" for a few years. The ******** he may feel if passed over (for PK, no less) could be huge.

This thread has shown me that we have a lot of players that are leaders. Wearing the C is nice and all, but when 10+ of your players would be suitable candidates, that is quite refreshing. Pick the guy that leads by example on the ice and that the media will respect.
And who do you think is more suited for that role exactly, Gorges or Subban? Curious.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
The idea that there's one leader is pretty much marketing and sports movie icons, if anything there's multiple players with leadership qualities you turn to. Obviously it's possible to stand out, if you are someone like Carbo for instance and spent your entire career with the organization and serve as a defensive anchor until the end, but realistically the same players who listen to Gorges say something in the locker room probably turn to Plekanec, Gionta, Markov and yes, Subban for guidance once they hit the ice.

Not to mention different roles, someone like Eller gets personally tutored by Plekanec while Markov probably never says a word to him, while it's the other way around for rookie defenders.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:30 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
And who do you think is more suited for that role exactly, Gorges or Subban? Curious.
They both bring different things to the table.
Gorges plays within his skill set. He sacrifices his body at every turn and seems to be well respected in the room.
PK does most everything JG does on D, but in addition, is arguably a top 5 defenseman in the league. His drawback is his perceived lack of maturity, which by all accounts is starting to come around.

You could have JG as captain and PK would be fine. Not sure it would work if it was the other way.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

I don't think PK should be the next Captain.

As I mentioned in the previous post, I think we'll re-sign Gionta and all these next captain ideas are useless.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Saundies

Conditions for captaincy:

- Going to be around for a long time
- Talented (it isn't everything, but it does play a factor)
- Handles pressure well (especially in MTL)
- French (lol, jk)
- Leads by example, either on or off the ice, or both.

These all look like PK Subban to me. And now that his off-ice stuff is starting to come around, I could see him being an amazing captain once he's ready. The captain has to be the face of the franchise. Is that Gorges for us? I'd say no. There's no doubting his great leadership, but just because he's a great leader doesn't mean he's qualified to captain the Montreal Canadiens.. same with Prust.

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 01:00 PM
CaptainIginla
The king is back

vCash: 515
Quote:

Then move him he is overpayed and add to that a crybaby if he cant handle Pk being named captain... Cammalleri-like

CaptainIginla is offline   Reply With Quote