HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

our new goal song is Le But by Loco Locass

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourdon101 View Post
Why do you guys hate loco locass? They are beloved of the fans, amazing lyricists and honestly make very good music if you like their views... I understand this is not a french board, but this is a song for the fans, who are french, this will rally them much more because of the insane popularity of the group/song. Well anticipated and deserved. About time.
Well, what I think of Los Locass is irrelevant (although they are somewhat of an odd choice for a team that is supposed to be inclusive...), but I find this song terrible, and that's really my only problem with it. I love the idea of playing more local artists at the Bell Centre, but like with Simple Plan, this just sounds so amateurish. To each their own, I'm sure this will make a lot of fans happy but I think it's a corny song.

But you do realize that it's not only people who share their views at the BC, right?

Old
05-05-2013, 10:04 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

They should just have the start of this song.

This will get everyone pumped the **** up.

Old
05-05-2013, 10:04 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
any source on that?
Can't remember where i read it, i think it was Huffying Quebec?

Old
05-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I read an article before this thread was even started, it's only for playoffs, that's what Geoff said in his e-mail to them.

As for the song itself, considering everything surrounding pro sports is incredebly corny, corporative and depressive, Loco Locass did an ok job; i remember when everybody was going wild on the Anakin slayd, this was the most stoopid musique en cannes. Loco locass song outside the sport world is bad, but in this universe of cheesynes and corporative marketing of pro sport that we swim in everyday, it's perfectly legit.
Fair enough, I actually put this song in the same league as the Anakin Slayd song in corniness, and it's good marketing to play it at games, after all it won't be the only dumb song there. I'd probably be less upset if it replaced Vertigo, but L'Oreille is just so good.

And hey, at least it's not Gary Glitter.

Old
05-05-2013, 10:08 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

The only time I'll like this move will be the time the whole crowd will be chanting "Allez allez allez alllez Montreal!" Asides that L'Oreille was amazing

Old
05-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Can't remember where i read it, i think it was Huffying Quebec?
Quote:
Le but allait retentir dans le Centre Bell après chaque but compté par nos Glorieux, et ce, pendant toute la durée des séries éliminatoires
yep you're right, it's kinda weird that Biz didn't mentionned it though

Old
05-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Bourdon101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well, what I think of Los Locass is irrelevant (although they are somewhat of an odd choice for a team that is supposed to be inclusive...), but I find this song terrible, and that's really my only problem with it. I love the idea of playing more local artists at the Bell Centre, but like with Simple Plan, this just sounds so amateurish. To each their own, I'm sure this will make a lot of fans happy but I think it's a corny song.

But you do realize that it's not only people who share their views at the BC, right?
What I meant is more that their music is very popular, and i'm sure a lot of the fans of the canadiens like loco locass, I did not assume all of them of course but it is popular for a good part, regardless of their political opinion.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourdon101 View Post
What I meant is more that their music is very popular, and i'm sure a lot of the fans of the canadiens like loco locass, I did not assume all of them of course but it is popular for a good part, regardless of their political opinion.
Yeah, I do agree with playing popular local music.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:41 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:

I won't comment further for obvious reasons, but you do realize one of the things that makes Montréal unique is that it's bilingual city, right?
Yeah I guess for the city of Montréal it make sense but in my opinion the Canadien isn't Montreal's team, but Quebec's. I don't want to make this a political debate as it's more of a cultural thing in my opinion.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:50 PM
habsfantoronto
Ducks GM

Terribly cheesy. So is vertigo. Why not pick another somewhat montreal native band:

http://youtu.be/9zdNdjF-htY

Just imagine the 'wooooo ooooohhh wooooo ooooh' after a goal! Plus the song is called Wake Up. It's like the team is coming alive when they score. I wish I had Molson on speed dial.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:52 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfantoronto View Post
Terribly cheesy. So is vertigo. Why not pick another somewhat montreal native band:

http://youtu.be/9zdNdjF-htY
That's a sweet song but what made L'Oreille special is that it's a home product. Plus it's instrumental so no linguistic debate.

If we gonna switch, it better be for a french song.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:54 PM
habsfantoronto
Ducks GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
That's a sweet song but what made L'Oreille special is that it's a home product. Plus it's instrumental so no linguistic debate.

If we gonna switch, it better be for a french song.
That band is from montreal minus one lead singer and 'wooooooh ooooohh' is multi-lingual. Just my two cents. It would be magical. Why is hockey always associated with such terrible music?

Old
05-05-2013, 12:57 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfantoronto View Post
That band is from montreal minus one lead singer and 'wooooooh ooooohh' is multi-lingual. Just my two cents. It would be magical. Why is hockey always associated with such terrible music?
Well that's relative, I know so many people who consider Arcade Fire music to be terrible.

But really, even though I'm not Biz's biggest fan, that Loco Locass song is a good fit. More french there is at the Bell Centre, the more happy I am... unless that mean more PP time for Darche.

Old
05-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Loner

Quote:
So cheesy. Not as bad as Vertigo or worse yet, that Simple Plan song, but still terrible. I get the idea of playing something like that during games, but as the goal song...really?

Getting rid of L'oreille is insanity. It's perfect.

I won't comment further for obvious reasons, but you do realize one of the things that makes Montréal unique is that it's bilingual city, right?
Montreal is officially a french city and actually the second largest in the world after Paris.

Quote:
French is the city's official language and is also the language spoken at home by 56.9% of the population in the city of Montreal proper, followed by English at 18.6% and 19.8% other languages (as of 2006 census). In the larger Montreal Census Metropolitan Area, 67.9% of the population speaks French at home, compared to 16.5% who speak English. 56% of the population are able to speak both English and French. Montreal is the second largest primarily French-speaking city in the world, after Paris
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal

Old
05-05-2013, 01:08 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Annnnnnd Closed.

Closed Thread