HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread - Dec. 5: Burrows out 4 weeks, Edler out indefinitely

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2013, 11:30 AM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
I'm not sure that helps, as they it against the Canucks.
Habs, actually

Old
05-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Risiko

Remember this?

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/story.html?id=7830230

As someone who's struggled with anxiety his whole life, hope this isn't the case

Old
05-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Orca Smash

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risiko View Post
Remember this?

As someone who's struggled with anxiety his whole life, hope this isn't the case
Again this? If that was the problem why was he saying he wants to play badly Tuesday? And how did he make it through the l.a. series? And why did this anxiety occur a week before playoffs during regular season games yet?

Before reports start coming in, the team1040 (seekeres) is now visually based on looks, claiming he looks ill . Before it starts getting reported as factual news, they visually think he looks like he might be ill. Based on the description sounds exactly like higgins last year when he had staph infection, but again this is just more rumors with them speculating.

Last edited by Orca Smash: 05-05-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old
05-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Orca Smash

Apparently he is on ice skating now. Pretty good for someone seekeres claimed looked "demonstrous"

Im not exaggerating either he made it sound like we should worry about schneider health. And thats how the media spins rumors out of control.

Old
05-05-2013, 01:30 PM
The Edler Scrolls 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
Apparently he is on ice skating now. Pretty good for someone seekeres claimed looked "demonstrous"

Im not exaggerating either he made it sound like we should worry about schneider health. And thats how the media spins rumors out of control.
He did also say that Schneider looked as if he lost a considerable amount of weight.

Old
05-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect Your Edlers View Post
He did also say that Schneider looked as if he lost a considerable amount of weight.
Yes he did, and it sounded like we should be concerned with his health. My point was that before rumors start it was seekeres visually eyeing up schneider. Nothing else.

The way he made it sound schneider was in very poor health, looks ill, and awful. and has lost a ton of weight. And now hes on ice.

Higgins lost alot of weight when he had a staph infection.

Old
05-05-2013, 01:34 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Remember this?

Such a load of nonsense by the media. I know Schneider has talked about his anxiety at times and how his breathing exercises have helped, but that sure as hell isn't why he is not playing right now. Schneider is a beast. Honestly, have they looked at the other goalie that is playing when they talk about anxiety at times? Roberto 7uongo. It's obviously an injury/illness. If they want Cory to request a trade then not even dressing him due to anxiety would be the way to do that. It's obviously an injury or illness that is keeping him from playing. The last thing this team wanted to do was start Roberto Luongo after the circus that has gone on for the last year. Joe Cannata is on the bench. There is no chance that they'd be putting him as the backup over Schneider if it just for anxiety. Cory came in down 0-2 to the Kings and was outstanding. He can obviously thrive under pressure.

Old
05-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

https://twitter.com/VanCanucks/statu...20848176021505
Quote:
Cory Schneider will start in net for the #Canucks in Game 3.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
05-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Orca Smash

So here we go Matt would not quit about how unhealthy schneider looks and how skinny he is and just said dave tomlinson you see cory alot more then we do, does he look skinny and unhealthy, dave laughed and called it nonsense, said hes a pasty redhead what do you expect, he has an injury he suffered in chicago and thats all he can say.

The media is awful.

Old
05-05-2013, 02:59 PM
mossey3535

Now, having said that, a viral infection would make perfect sense given that he can skate and practice intermittently.

But yeah I don't put much stock into what Sekeres says generally.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:02 PM
mossey3535

Quote:
Remember this?

I don't think we should discount the anxiety thing because it's so easily dismissed by people - which is the entire problem with mental health to begin with.

However, given the source I don't think the 'diagnosis' of general anxiety disorder is accurate. Also, most people with anxiety problems are usually exceptionally good at hiding it so I don't think it would come out in the press so easily in the terms you're talking about. It's more like he has a specific anxiety trigger - note that he was still able to perform at top level and play most of the game.

The only thing I get from that article is that I was right about Rollie Melanson being integral to Schneider's success.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Type Not Specified
Part of the process

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossey3535 View Post
Now, having said that, a viral infection would make perfect sense given that he can skate and practice intermittently.

I'm not buying into the illness/anxiety thing either but what I am wondering about is how physically ready he is after just skating and practicing intermittently for a couple of weeks. It would be one thing to jump back into a regular season game, but a playoff game that could go into overtime is a little different.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:

Yup very well could be, could be anything though, im more just updating this since its speculation after speculation by them thats creating rumors and I assumed people take it with a grain of salt but i thought wrong. Several people seem to take it as legitimate factual news.

For instance matt claimed he doubted cory would play because he looks so unhealthy and i seen people say he wont start based on that speculation. And now he is starting.

I do trust dave though saying he got an injury in chicago, he has no reason to protect the the team or give company approved info.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:38 PM
mossey3535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
Yup very well could be, could be anything though, im more just updating this since its speculation after speculation by them thats creating rumors and I assumed people take it with a grain of salt but i thought wrong. Several people seem to take it as legitimate factual news.

For instance matt claimed he doubted cory would play because he looks so unhealthy and i seen people say he wont start based on that speculation. And now he is starting.

I do trust dave though saying he got an injury in chicago, he has no reason to protect the the team or give company approved info.
Yeah I hear you! But at this point I'm just super curious as to what the injury is, Schneids is a total warrior so it has to be fairly serious - but yet the pattern doesn't follow that for typical goalie injuries like a groin pull or bruised clavicle/ribs.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Yeah I hear you! But at this point I'm just super curious as to what the injury is, Schneids is a total warrior so it has to be fairly serious - but yet the pattern doesn't follow that for typical goalie injuries like a groin pull or bruised clavicle/ribs.
This is true, I would be lying if i said im still not concerned at all with how healthy he is. If he is not at 100 percent I dont know what thought process went into starting him though.

I said to myself no way would av start him if hes not 100% would he? But it is av.

Old
05-05-2013, 04:12 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Feels like deja vu...

Old
05-05-2013, 04:13 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Also, was he even practicing with the team before this? Hope they're not throwing him into the fire just like that.

Old
05-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Type Not Specified
Part of the process

Quote:
Hence the speculation about it being a concussion, which I think is a reasonable possibility. Who knows what it actually is though.

Old
05-06-2013, 12:22 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Also, was he even practicing with the team before this? Hope they're not throwing him into the fire just like that.
Well well welly well well...

I thought we should've kept Lu in there. Not that it matters anymore...

Old
05-06-2013, 01:46 AM
mossey3535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekla View Post
Hence the speculation about it being a concussion, which I think is a reasonable possibility. Who knows what it actually is though.
I disagree about the concussion, they would probably be even more conservative with it if it was actually a concussion.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:05 AM
Type Not Specified
Part of the process

Quote:
I disagree about the concussion, they would probably be even more conservative with it if it was actually a concussion.
Logically you would think so, but logical thinking and decision-making doesn't seem to be a particular strength of this organization.

Old
05-06-2013, 04:46 AM
mossey3535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekla View Post
Logically you would think so, but logical thinking and decision-making doesn't seem to be a particular strength of this organization.
Touche.

It's hilarious listening to AV say 'Schneider was healthy' in the post game. As if we can trust that after all the crap he's spewed in the media.

Healthy like Mitchell and Hodgson and Kesler? I bet Schneids was 'medically cleared to play' so it was ok to throw him in like that with so little practice time beforehand.

btw, every time Schneids has been 'dropped in cold' as Blake Price puts it, he had tons of practice time with Melanson. That wasn't the case this time.

Saying that Schneids was healthy and then saying 'it was my decision' is so infuriating. He's basically saying "there was nothing wrong with him, I didn't know he was going to suck like that"

Old
05-06-2013, 04:51 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Touche.

It's hilarious listening to AV say 'Schneider was healthy' in the post game. As if we can trust that after all the crap he's spewed in the media.

Healthy like Mitchell and Hodgson and Kesler? I bet Schneids was 'medically cleared to play' so it was ok to throw him in like that with so little practice time beforehand.

btw, every time Schneids has been 'dropped in cold' as Blake Price puts it, he had tons of practice time with Melanson. That wasn't the case this time.

Saying that Schneids was healthy and then saying 'it was my decision' is so infuriating. He's basically saying "there was nothing wrong with him, I didn't know he was going to suck like that"
That's the closest you'll ever hear him come to admitting fault.

Old
05-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Orca Smash

So kevin bieksa is injured again apparently. Botchford and kevin woodley are talking about it like its well known. I figured it was speculation and excuses for him but I guess he is injured.

So last year he had the foot injury vs l.a., this year missed quite a few games with his groin. Hope its not a reoccurring trend with him.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

https://twitter.com/VanCanucks/statu...92795502186496
Quote:
#Canucks are an hour from practicing but Chris Tanev is on the ice with Vancouver's skills coach now.
We probably wont still be in the playoffs by the time he is fully healthy.

Closed Thread