HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Thread Pt. II (Del Zotto has surgery to repair sports hernia)

Old
05-04-2013, 09:21 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
I don't understand how a team gets 2 of their own reinforcements back to make the team deeper, and look even weaker and slower than before. I'm scratching my head here...something's not right within the organization if we can't kick it into an extra gear...
Inb4 blaming Boyle

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 07:43 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Desperately need Staal back, even at 3rd pair minutes, McD and Danny G playing way too much, McD must have played 4 out of 5 minutes before descisive penalty

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:54 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Desperately need Staal back, even at 3rd pair minutes, McD and Danny G playing way too much, McD must have played 4 out of 5 minutes before descisive penalty
Or John Tortorella could start trusting his other four defenseman more to take the load off them. The other four defenseman have not played that bad. Moore especially, elevated his defensive game yesterday. This is how it is though. Staal would be great to have, but that would be Torts really only trusting half the defense.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 29m
Rangers are on the ice for practice. Staal and Clowe are out there. Clowe in a regular contact jersey like rest of forwards.
https://twitter.com/drosennhl/status/331062169712066560

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Kershaw

Dont want Clowe playing, he is notorious for taking bad penalties at the worst time. He doesn't help with the atrocious breakout game either, nor does he work well on the forecheck anymore. He is not the player as advertised and will probably be a liability.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Sticky Fingers
NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Dont want Clowe playing, he is notorious for taking bad penalties at the worst time. He doesn't help with the atrocious breakout game either, nor does he work well on the forecheck anymore. He is not the player as advertised and will probably be a liability.
He is also a skilled physical player known to elevate his game in the PO.

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:

It's not like we're benching Zuccarello for Clowe.

You're honestly telling me you'd rather have Pyatt in there over Clowe?

Matt4776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 12:30 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Clowe is the archetypical playoff player. He must play.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Are you serious...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 03:20 PM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 783
If anyone on this roster can turn the tide in this series, it's Clowe. I want him in there over our whole bottom 6 right now. We need to win tomorrow.

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 03:31 PM
dethomas07

Im pumped, we desperately need something to wake people up.. i hope he bring his game... dudes a playoff performer and we're at the garden.. LGRs!!!!

bring back lines we were actually playing well with..

Hags-Step-Callahan
Clowe-Brassard-Nash
Boyle-Richards-MZA
Asham-Powe-Dorsett

lets do it!!

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Lundsanity30

can't hurt to have clowe that's for sure

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
If Clowe doesn't get into a playoff game and bolts in the offseason I'm going to be pissed about that trade.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
If Clowe doesn't get into a playoff game and bolts in the offseason I'm going to be pissed about that trade.
It was worthless. But if it meant making a trade like that to give Torts his "guys", and it fails; proving that his system doesn't work and he gets fired over the summer. I will trade those draft picks again.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 05:36 PM
bmw2004

No one gonna help this team.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 05:51 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
No one gonna help this team.
everyone thought that in the season that we weren't going to make the playoffs.. not only did we make those trades but we finished the 6th seed.. Well deserved or not, we battled the entire month of april to get where we are today.. have some faith brotha, and cllowe can absolutely be a difference maker... have you seen the sharks play through the years? Clowe was a big in playoffs, only problem his team didnt raise their games.. one player can change the dynamic of the team.. ever call of leadership? hitting? battling? Raising compete level?

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 07:40 AM
Crease

Quote:
A past-his-prime Clowe is still more valuable to this team right now than Pyatt, Powe, or Asham. I honestly can't believe you would think otherwise.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 07:50 AM
bubba5

Clowe alone can not help this team. Torts has his wrath on everyone. Do as I say or you won't play. Look, thes guys get traded to us hour before their first game. No time for torts to "teach" them the nyr style and we beat Pittsburgh 6-1. Torts need to go

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Bring Back Avery

I hope we get both Staal and Clowe back. This team needs a big boost here at home. If we lose either of these two home games, we're done.

Bring Back Avery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Rangers record with Clowe in the lineup speaks volumes. I hope he is healthy enough to get inserted into the game.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Leetch2McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Look, thes guys get traded to us hour before their first game. No time for torts to "teach" them the nyr style and we beat Pittsburgh 6-1. Torts need to go
could not be further from the TRUTH.

TORTORELLA is the problem here. You guys want a Hockey Team that will actually play with even a sense of offensive creativity. Or at the VERY LEAST connect 3 passes in the offensive zone (like most teams) instead of grinding our own players to a pulp? Or perhaps score a Damn GOAL on our own POWER PLAY? Kind of like most average teams out there? Or how about score a goal OFF A REBOUND by going hard in front of the net? When was the last time you saw that from this team?

It is mindboggling and frustrating watching EVERY SINGLE OTHER PLAYOFF GAME/SERIES......and all of them play hard, fast, with a transition game and creativity off the rush as well as in the offensive zone. EVERY SINGLE OTHER PLAYOFF TEAM or GAME has these elements. Except for our boring *ss, grind it out, dump into the corner but never chase, chip it out by using the walls only, collapsing to the middle leaving the points wide open, zero offensive structure or creativity because we never practice offense, sorry ass of a PP, genius of a caveman style TORTS BRAND OF HOCKEY.

I love our team, I am a die-hard Ranger fan......which is why I am so frustrated watching this sh*tshow that TORTS has created. Freaking watching grass grow or paint dry is more entertaining to watch this trainwreck of a system that Torts has been teaching and preaching here for 5+ years.

Torts has to go. There is no other way. At this point, I'd take ANYONE over this idiot. If anyone is happy with this brand of hockey that Torts puts out there, esepcially with the personnel and talent this NY Ranger team has, well then........

Leetch2McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:25 AM
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

I hate Torts () as much as the next guy, but I have to believe that even he isn't dumb enough to play Pyatt over Clowe. If Clowe is back one of Boyle, Asham, Powe, Dorsett and Pyatt HAVE to sit.

Boyle - Torts benching him? HA
Powe - Effective PKer and need as many as they can get against the Caps
Asham - Very possible, but could use that edge with him in the lineup
Pyatt - Very possible, totally worthless.
Dorsett - Very possible, took some bad penalties in Game 2, but as with Asham could use his edge.

I sure hope Clowe is in and Pyatt is out.

LittleKev6D9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:27 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch2McDonagh27 View Post
could not be further from the TRUTH.

TORTORELLA is the problem here. You guys want a Hockey Team that will actually play with even a sense of offensive creativity. Or at the VERY LEAST connect 3 passes in the offensive zone (like most teams) instead of grinding our own players to a pulp? Or perhaps score a Damn GOAL on our own POWER PLAY? Kind of like most average teams out there? Or how about score a goal OFF A REBOUND by going hard in front of the net? When was the last time you saw that from this team?

It is mindboggling and frustrating watching EVERY SINGLE OTHER PLAYOFF GAME/SERIES......and all of them play hard, fast, with a transition game and creativity off the rush as well as in the offensive zone. EVERY SINGLE OTHER PLAYOFF TEAM or GAME has these elements. Except for our boring *ss, grind it out, dump into the corner but never chase, chip it out by using the walls only, collapsing to the middle leaving the points wide open, zero offensive structure or creativity because we never practice offense, sorry ass of a PP, genius of a caveman style TORTS BRAND OF HOCKEY.

I love our team, I am a die-hard Ranger fan......which is why I am so frustrated watching this sh*tshow that TORTS has created. Freaking watching grass grow or paint dry is more entertaining to watch this trainwreck of a system that Torts has been teaching and preaching here for 5+ years.

Torts has to go. There is no other way. At this point, I'd take ANYONE over this idiot. If anyone is happy with this brand of hockey that Torts puts out there, esepcially with the personnel and talent this NY Ranger team has, well then........
Great post. The sad part is that there are people that fall into the bold parted category. I guess those are the type of people that cause our pretty planet some of its discrepancies

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Lundsanity30

Rangers could really use Clowe and More importantly Staal

Last edited by Lundsanity30: 05-06-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:50 AM
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

According to Andrew Gross:

Boyle, Clowe, Dorsett, Staal, and Biron on ice for optional practice. Could assume Kreider is back in the lineup. One of the remaining 3 have to be in the lineup. Unless Torts () plans on playing Gilroy at forward.

LittleKev6D9 is offline   Reply With Quote