HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2013, 03:57 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Gionta to NJ for Matteau? Big risk prospect and seems to have had some problems this year, perhaps he's available. Tough to see them doing it considering they valued him so highly at the draft.

The only problem with attempting to filch good players off of teams with cap troubles is that almost every one of them can solve their cap issues with buyouts. It isn't NYI or CLB that are having troubles, it's the big market teams. Hopefully it does lead to some players hitting Free Agency or becoming available for trade who otherwise wouldn't.

I don't think there's anything out of Nashville that DD would return as to make it worth it. All of their assets are too expensive or just not worth it. I think Calgary (whether or not for Cammalleri ) would be a better option. Who knows, maybe even to Chicago for prospects.
Gionta and a 3rd for Matteau may work. NJ needs some forwards for next season. Phoenix and Columbus may be better options for DD as they have space and could use a center. May have to include Pateryn to get something of value back.

Old
05-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Ceux de Montreal
help

So what about that Mark Streit guy.

Old
05-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Habitant le colon

Let's keep DD and put him with Bickell and Prust :

Pacioretty Plekanec(A) Bourque
Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher
Bickell DD Prust(A)

White Dumont Moen/Armstrong

Gorges(C) Subban
Bouillon Tinordi
Emelin

Where shall we put Markov Diaz and Gionta ... I think we need a new PPQB and a big sized 4th line center

Old
05-04-2013, 06:40 PM
gusfring

Book it. Bickell will stay with CHI.

Old
05-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Draft

Does anyone have information on Damien Brunner? Seems like he could be a good player to replace Ryder in our top-6 and PP. He's not big by any means but might fill the hole Ryder would leave in terms of offence.

Seemingly bad for turnovers and week defensively. Not much different than Ryder.

Old
05-05-2013, 08:27 PM

I see one more post suggesting we re-sign Ryder or go after some soft player I will lose it. We need Clarkson, Clowe, Bickell +. Sickening watching us get pounded and the only fight we have is from little guys.

Old
05-05-2013, 08:35 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
I see one more post suggesting we re-sign Ryder or go after some soft player I will lose it. We need Clarkson, Clowe, Bickell +. Sickening watching us get pounded and the only fight we have is from little guys.
This **** would not have happened if Bergevin would have gone after Clowe and Murray.

And Kassian was a free pick up for Ottawa.

But ****, we have draft picks lined up so we can make a Cup run in 5 or 6 years.

Old
05-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
This **** would not have happened if Bergevin would have gone after Clowe and Murray.

But ****, we have draft picks lined up so we can make a Cup run in 5 or 6 years.
I kind of agree with this. We had a chance for the cup this year. Not in 5 years with those precious draft picks...

Old
05-05-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:

We still need to have some meat heads to to care of Neil ect. This is embarrassing. The rest of the lineup should be dropping the gloves.

Old
05-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Draft

Quote:
Well. It isn't realistic for us to be able to sign all of those guys. Pretty much zero chance.

Saying that, I think Clowe could be a big signing for us. There were rumours of him coming here at the deadline, rumours of him being a Habs fan as a kid etc. Just really hope there isn't a big overpayment for him and the length of the contract is reasonable. Clarkson is an absolute no-go for me. He would be a great 2.5 line player. Obviously not an offensive replacement for Ryder but a big improvement for our team, another Prust-like addition so to speak.

Really down on Desharnais and Ryder. Purely offensive guys that don't bring anything when they aren't on their game and need specific minutes. I think Gionta still has a place on the team, still a good player and a good captain.

A big improvement for the toughness of the team needs to be addressed on defence. OTT, TOR, and BOS all have huge players on their back-end. Does this make them successful? Maybe, maybe not. Oftentimes makes them slow and exploitable. I'd like to see what a package of Gorges + DD would get us. There have been some Diaz+2nd for Coburn ideas on these boards.

I really liked the Gionta + for Matteau. He's a very tough player and could fit in well with our core. Not sure if NJ is interested in trading him though. He seemed very close to NHL ready during his time with the Devils. Clutterbuck is also up for a big raise next year and Minnesota may not give it to him. similar player to Prust, could give him similar money and term. Both could be excellent on our 3rd line with Galchenyuk and Prust next year.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Bourque
Clowe-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-Galchenyuk-Matteau/Clutterbuck
Moen-White-BAMF

Subban-Gorges
Emelin-Diaz
Markov-Tinordi
(Bouillon)

Not really as different as our current team. Three potential moves/signings. Having Emelin and Eller back will be huge for the team. It solves the size issue but the team is very stunted offensively.

Old
05-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Draft

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I kind of agree with this. We had a chance for the cup this year. Not in 5 years with those precious draft picks...
Try for the playoffs the next three years or the next twelve? The cost was high, didn't make sense for us at the time. All of those players are now available without moving assets.

Old
05-05-2013, 09:07 PM

Close. I would try to add a big crazy on D and 14th forward. Ryder is planning golf rounds. Patches looks disinterested.

Old
05-05-2013, 09:14 PM
schumway2

Markov looks like Gonchar his last year with the Penguins. He's become really slow to react.

Old
05-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Try for the playoffs the next three years or the next twelve? The cost was high, didn't make sense for us at the time. All of those players are now available without moving assets.
Because draft picks are always success, right? lol

Old
05-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:

Quote:
Because draft picks are always success, right? lol
A lot more likely then us going on a cup run this year if only we would of added a couple of scrap pieces. What good would Clowe be if we were say down 5-1 in the middle of the 3rd period, lol.

Old
05-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
To be fair the fighting match ups were strange. Even though Tinordi was on the ice we had everyone match up against the guys bigger than them on the ice. Moen-Neil and Tinordi-Phillips were the only fights where we didn't give up 5 inches 30 pounds.

Old
05-05-2013, 09:46 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
A lot more likely then us going on a cup run this year if only we would of added a couple of scrap pieces. What good would Clowe be if we were say down 5-1 in the middle of the 3rd period, lol.
You dont really understand hockey intimidation, do you?

Who is our leading goal scorer in the Playoffs? Gallagher.

The first time Neil laid a hand on Gallagher in the 1st period, Clowe skates up and fights him. Someone has to fight Neil.

A bully only bullies if no one stands up to him. Not standing up to a bully reaffirms that he can continue and the bullying will get worse.......as we saw in the line fight.

Gallagher was not crashing the net tonight like he did last game. Galchenyuk was shying away from contact.

Bullies win.

Clowe and or Murray stepping up in the first 5 minutes of this game would not have allowed it to escalate like it did. Moen wont do it. Prust is still injured. White isnt big enough.

Old
05-05-2013, 09:48 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

With more....soft....players.....

Old
05-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Prevend us to be humiliated in the fighting departement, like tonight and like for the past 5 years.

Old
05-05-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:

The first time Neil laid a hand on Gallagher in the 1st period, Clowe skates up and fights him. Someone has to fight Neil.

A bully only bullies if no one stands up to him. Not standing up to a bully reaffirms that he can continue and the bullying will get worse.......as we saw in the line fight.

Gallagher was not crashing the net tonight like he did last game. Galchenyuk was shying away from contact.

Bullies win.

Clowe and or Murray stepping up in the first 5 minutes of this game would not have allowed it to escalate like it did. Moen wont do it. Prust is still injured. White isnt big enough.
Finally someone who gets it. Too many posters who have never played the game. The skilled players need to know they are protected and can play their game.

Old
05-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:

Bullies win.

Quote:
Prevend us to be humiliated in the fighting departement, like tonight and like for the past 5 years.
I never said we shouldn't sign, trade or draft players that can fight, rather I thought we shouldn't waste valuable draft picks on scrap, rental pieces with the faint hope we can go on a Cup run.

I find the Hab's board amusing. On the draft board I'm loco for wanting to draft bigger, stronger players and here I'm a pasty, vegan pacifist. Whatever.

Old
05-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

The pacifists will be disappointed (at first), as I'm convinced that Bergevin will make this team even bigger and tougher this summer. I, for one, am really looking forward to it.

Old
05-05-2013, 10:20 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
The pacifists will be disappointed (at first), as I'm convinced that Bergevin will make this team even bigger and tougher this summer. I, for one, am really looking forward to it.
I texted the same to a friend of mine after the big scrap. No way Bergevin does not address it. I'd like to see the Habs try and get Kyle Beach from the Hawks if possible, assuming the price is right. Big kid, can scrap, has some skill, wonder if Hawks might be willing to let him go, especially if they hold onto Bickell.

Old
05-05-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
I texted the same to a friend of mine after the big scrap. No way Bergevin does not address it. I'd like to see the Habs try and get Kyle Beach from the Hawks if possible, assuming the price is right. Big kid, can scrap, has some skill, wonder if Hawks might be willing to let him go, especially if they hold onto Bickell.
Beach would be good. What happened to Ian Schultz? He was a tough junior player but seems buried with the Habs. Check out te Kings roster as they have one player under 6 ft - Richards at 5"11" 200lbs.

We need to get bigger.

Old
05-05-2013, 10:43 PM
windycity

Quote:
Beach would be good. What happened to Ian Schultz? He was a tough junior player but seems buried with the Habs. Check out te Kings roster as they have one player under 6 ft - Richards at 5"11" 200lbs.

We need to get bigger.
Schultz got fat and lazy.

Closed Thread