HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game 2: Rangers @ Capitals 5/4/13 - Lundqvists 0 - Capitals 1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-05-2013, 06:14 PM
  #901
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Gerald View Post
Even if the Rangers end up losing this series, I'd like to see them do something...ANYTHING...to wipe the smug smirk off that dick's face.
Yeah, just like Varlamov and Neuvirth before him. Oh wait....

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 08:22 PM
  #902
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,122
vCash: 373
Holtby is a punk, that whole team acts like a bunch of frat boys. Which is exactly why no matter how many times they make the playoffs I don't see them winning a cup. Poor attitudes and mentally weak.

Wish it was our team that could expose them for what they are but that's kind of wishful thinking.

Holtby is always flashing his glove even on shots that would go wide, annoys the hell out of me.

I have this vision of him and Ryan Lochte hanging out it makes me laugh.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 08:28 PM
  #903
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,367
vCash: 500
The Rangers really need to get some snarl in the game and start playing mean. Nash needs to stop being a marshmellow and start fighting back. We need to get Clowe back in the lineup because he adds a bit of snarl and Dorsett will add some sandpaper too.

The most disturbing thing is this team doesn't have the "push" that last year's team did. There isn't enough jump in their step and this has been the case the entire year. I hope that they don't wait until the 3rd period tomorrow to show up.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 08:48 PM
  #904
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
The Rangers really need to get some snarl in the game and start playing mean. Nash needs to stop being a marshmellow and start fighting back. We need to get Clowe back in the lineup because he adds a bit of snarl and Dorsett will add some sandpaper too.

The most disturbing thing is this team doesn't have the "push" that last year's team did. There isn't enough jump in their step and this has been the case the entire year. I hope that they don't wait until the 3rd period tomorrow to show up.
That is the most diturbing and depressing thing because these guys proved they can play.... Now they're regressing and it seems like none of them care.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 08:50 PM
  #905
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Holtby is a punk, that whole team acts like a bunch of frat boys. Which is exactly why no matter how many times they make the playoffs I don't see them winning a cup. Poor attitudes and mentally weak.

Wish it was our team that could expose them for what they are but that's kind of wishful thinking.

Holtby is always flashing his glove even on shots that would go wide, annoys the hell out of me.

I have this vision of him and Ryan Lochte hanging out it makes me laugh.
I think the Caps have been very methodical and business like, Holtby included, and that your analysis here is nothing more than sour grapes that you'd say about any opposition.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 09:09 PM
  #906
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,236
vCash: 500
After completely ******** on Lundqvist last game, I will have to give him his due this game. I think that this was quite possibly the best game of his career. Great chance after great chance and he made save after save. The 1 goal he gave up was a PP goal on a one timer from maybe the best shooting D-man in the league, and oh yeah it was deflected. I questioned his mental makeup after last game. He gave up a goal he wasn't happy about and seemed to lose his concentration on the next shift and gave up an even worse goal. This game showed amazing mental makeup. After a bad first game, he dominated last game. The only thing keeping me from throwing up in that ass whooping was that I just love great goaltending performances.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:13 PM
  #907
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,122
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I think the Caps have been very methodical and business like, Holtby included, and that your analysis here is nothing more than sour grapes that you'd say about any opposition.
Except it's not, but thank you for analyzing what I said and proceeding to tell me what I meant.

You a psychologist?

Think I'm basing it solely off of this season? Please I've said this exact thing about the Caps for 4-5 years now. I can assure you I'm secure enough with myself to not have jealousy issues regarding the Caps or their fans.

They simply rub me the wrong way,
sour grapes? Haha

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:35 PM
  #908
Machinehead
★★★★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,114
vCash: 500
Based on history it's not sour grapes.

Based on history the Caps will roll us and then go right back to getting swept by just about everyone but us. Guarantee you this Caps team gets to the 2nd round and gets ****ing smeared as usual, and we can't tough them.

Such is the humiliating life of the New York Rangers.

__________________


DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:36 PM
  #909
Fanned On It
Registered User
 
Fanned On It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Except it's not, but thank you for analyzing what I said and proceeding to tell me what I meant.

You a psychologist?

Think I'm basing it solely off of this season? Please I've said this exact thing about the Caps for 4-5 years now. I can assure you I'm secure enough with myself to not have jealousy issues regarding the Caps or their fans.

They simply rub me the wrong way,
sour grapes? Haha
The Caps seem like they act like every other hockey team in the league... Holtby seems like he's nothing but confident... which is how you want your goalie to be.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:42 PM
  #910
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Based on history it's not sour grapes.

Based on history the Caps will roll us and then go right back to getting swept by just about everyone but us. Guarantee you this Caps team gets to the 2nd round and gets ****ing smeared as usual, and we can't tough them.

Such is the humiliating life of the New York Rangers.
It's a terrible cycle. It needs to stop.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:48 PM
  #911
Machinehead
★★★★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
It's a terrible cycle. It needs to stop.
Well since we're pretty much ****ed anyway I'd like to see it continue this year. Nothing would please me more than seeing those smug entitled Caps fans swept in the 2nd round again.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:51 PM
  #912
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Well since we're pretty much ****ed anyway I'd like to see it continue this year. Nothing would please me more than seeing those smug entitled Caps fans swept in the 2nd round again.
I'll gladly take the sweep if it means Torts gets his pink slip. I'll personally thank the Caps board.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:56 PM
  #913
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,384
vCash: 500
I just want to see the Rangers show up. It's enraging that they just don't give a flying...

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:57 PM
  #914
Machinehead
★★★★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I'll gladly take the sweep if it means Torts gets his pink slip. I'll personally thank the Caps board.
Well I'd personally thank the team anyway. I want no part of that board. Some of the most insufferable fans in the league.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:05 PM
  #915
Machinehead
★★★★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,114
vCash: 500
Going back to the old sig. Not mad at Brassard or anything but I'm superstitious, and we were scoring with the Stepan brothers up there.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:08 PM
  #916
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free
 
Nac Mac Feegle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,345
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanned On It View Post
The Caps seem like they act like every other hockey team in the league... Holtby seems like he's nothing but confident... which is how you want your goalie to be.
Smoke and mirrors.

Holtby is not a great netminder so he has to act like a magician on stage waving his hands to distract everyone with his antics and psyche out shooters. Tim Thomas did the exact same thing. All mental games. Style over substance.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:14 PM
  #917
Machinehead
★★★★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,114
vCash: 500
Well they're cousins, but I call them the Stepan brothers. It has a nice ring to it.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:26 PM
  #918
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Going back to the old sig. Not mad at Brassard or anything but I'm superstitious, and we were scoring with the Stepan brothers up there.
Will do same to my avatar tomorrow morning as well...

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:03 AM
  #919
Aufheben
Moderator
The jam must flow...
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 10,743
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Well I'd personally thank the team anyway. I want no part of that board. Some of the most insufferable fans in the league.
Seriously, is there an ignore button for an entire fan base, or must it be one by one?

Bleck.

Aufheben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:54 AM
  #920
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
Smoke and mirrors.

Holtby is not a great netminder so he has to act like a magician on stage waving his hands to distract everyone with his antics and psyche out shooters. Tim Thomas did the exact same thing. All mental games. Style over substance.
holtbys a lot better than thomas imho.

he's a pretty technically sound goalie, thomas flopped around worst than brodeur.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:16 AM
  #921
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Rewatching 24/7.

Man I miss that team. I can't help thinking if Gabby and Step hadn't gone missing, we coulda had it last year.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:05 AM
  #922
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,288
vCash: 400
Holtby is overrated

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:14 AM
  #923
NYRANGERAMI*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 1,225
vCash: 50
Rangers need to step it up. How bad was game 2....well....They didn't sustain any kind of pressure in Game 2 and went the final 17:43 of the game, including all eight minutes in overtime, without a shot on goal. but game 3 is a new day...LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYRANGERAMI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 05:20 AM
  #924
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Colour all three zones in blue and you have it right. Puck possession in the offensive zone is just a preparation for the backcheck. A PP is a defensive advantage.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 05:43 AM
  #925
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,288
vCash: 400
lol so true chimp!

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.