HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky

Old
09-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Fleetch- I did check my stats and posted the correct number 12.5 minutes, but where talking to someone with the IQ of a fishstick, so I had to clarifyie what was obvious, but this time remembered the wrong PK time, thought it was 2.5 minutes of PK per night, when it where something like 3.5 or something. Sorry about that, won't happend again.

BTW, if any mods have problem with the IQ fishstick comment I'll take it to court, course its a fact, and its obvious to every single poster on this board, and there is something called freedom of speech.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
and there is something called freedom of speech.
Freedom of speech doesn't exactly apply to privately run bulletin boards.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Ola

Levitate, you are correct, and I take that back. Thats how I normally answear a post when someone points out something I wrote that wasnt all that clever, which happends all the time.

Though when I post with TB I get a response like this;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Freedom
What do you mean with "freedom", do you have a link?

Quote:
of speech
I don't agree, Renney should have used Prucha on the 2nd line in the PO's.

Quote:
doesn't exactly
It don't, thats why Renney where coached circles around by other coaches. And why Helminen at this point is better the Betts.

Quote:
apply to privately run bulletin boards.
Again, you are wrong. Hejduk where used on the first line.

Old
09-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Ola

TB got one of the biggest mouths on this board, yet the last two years he have been wrong on just about any player that have had anything to do with this team. He deserves all the crow that he gets.

I have no problem with people with big mouths, but if they can't back it up they should back down abit for a while.

Old
09-20-2006, 05:18 PM
True Blue

Quote:
That is becuase I find it easier to respond to each individual point, as opposed to a general response. I think it makes the debateable points stick out, as opposed to something being lost in translation.
Quote:
TB got one of the biggest mouth on this board, yet the last two years he have been wrong on just about any player that have had anything to do with this team. He deserves all the crow that he gets.
Excuse me? Come again? What pray tell have I been wrong about? Not that I care about being wrong or even mind being wrong, but your "just about any player" comment has piqued my attention. So now explain, if you will.
Quote:
I have no problem with people with big mouths, but if they can't back it up they should back down abit for a while.
Why not simply stop reading the posts of such a big mouth? Wouldn't that be a much more simpler solution? Why aggravate yourself needleesly?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
That is becuase I find it easier to respond to each individual point, as opposed to a general response. I think it makes the debateable points stick out, as opposed to something being lost in translation.

Excuse me? Come again? What pray tell have I been wrong about? Not that I care about being wrong or even mind being wrong, but your "just about any player" comment has piqued my attention. So now explain, if you will.

Why not simply stop reading the posts of such a big mouth? Wouldn't that be a much more simpler solution? Why aggravate yourself needleesly?
Hey guys, this is supposed to be fun, remember?

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Nice try, I got a link for this one: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/teams/roster?team=nyr

Start at the top, and go all the way to the bottom!

I am out of here.

Old
09-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Fletch

I'm confused ola...

I saw this: "Moore played 18, with all the specialteams" - it was 12:30, and the 10 was 8:21, I believe. I just wanted to make sure you were arguing with the correct statistics. I understand your point (I think, I haven't read much of what's left and it's been a while since I've been in this thread), and don't disagree, but thought the facts should be straight.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Levitate

eh, well Ola, I don't always agree with TB either and I've basically learned that he and I just won't see eye to eye on some things, so at a certain point it's not even worth arguing about.

there's just a point where two disagreeing people will never change the mind of the other, no matter what the other brings to the argument. Too much of it is personal opinion that just won't change.

I'd suggest just ignoring his posts that you don't like, or leave your response at only 1 post

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Levitate, you are correct, and I take that back. Thats how I normally answear a post when someone points out something I wrote that wasnt all that clever, which happends all the time.

What do you mean with "freedom", do you have a link?

I don't agree, Renney should have used Prucha on the 2nd line in the PO's.

It don't, thats why Renney where coached circles around by other coaches. And why Helminen at this point is better the Betts.

Again, you are wrong. Hejduk where used on the first line.
lol, I got a chuckle out of this

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 05:57 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Nice try, I got a link for this one: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/teams/roster?team=nyr

Start at the top, and go all the way to the bottom!

I am out of here.
What an incredibly weak way out of it. So basically, you have no specific instances, and just wanted to make a grandiose statement. See when you make comments like you did, you are going to get called out on it. And if you have no specific examples, you need to resort to posting an entire roster. Fine. You win. You are right and I am wrong. I have been wrong about all of my opinions regarding players. You have been right. Congrats.

Old
09-20-2006, 05:58 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Hey guys, this is supposed to be fun, remember?
I am having fun. Always have, always will.

Old
09-20-2006, 06:12 PM
shoothepuck

Will be nice to see Dubinsky make the big club and play where the coaching staff sees fit. If he steps up, he'll move up.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 06:33 PM
DutchShamrock

I've gotten into debates with TB too, but I have to admit that he makes valid points and he backs them up. I haven't really been posting alot lately because it seems like a waste of time. Too many are just arguing the 'facts' they want to argue. Whenever a valid point is made, it is ignored and generalizations are made that don't exactly further the debate.

I still don't think the question has been answered. The only example I can think of where a young player with 1st line potential was on the fourth in limited role is Thornton. That example carries an astericks though, Thornton was 18. But with this example, you have thousands to counter: Heatley, Kovalchuk, Spezza, Ovechkin, Crosby, Hejduk, Tanguay, Drury, Staal, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, shall I continue?

I feel that a potential top 6 forward is not best developed on the 4th line. I also feel that the roster openings on this team are on the 3rd line. Hollweg and Betts are 4th liners. Period. They are best suited in that role and they will do it better than most in this organization. Dubinsky and Dawes will bring defensive responsibility and greater offensive potential. Their development will also be better served with at least 3rd line minutes.

I am also hesitant to bring these rookies in on the 4th because there is no guarentee that they will move up no matter how well they play... and I have history to back it up. It never happens here, I'm sorry and I wish it wasn't true, but rookies never supplant veterans. Prucha didn't do it and he only moved up from the 4th because Rucinsky got hurt. I'd rather not gamble with two careers by waiting for someone to get hurt.

So in summation, If they aren't playing on the 3rd then send them to Hartford.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 06:48 PM
Taz

I could see him starting on the 4th for a couple of games, see how it goes if he steps up he will go to the third and Betts will drop.

basically they will do what they did with Prucha

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 08:05 PM
BigE

Quote:
Everyone are so name horny, a player who have had good stats one year will get chance after chance to make it. Another player who where a dissapointment early in his career never gets another chance. I see allot of Lubos Bartecko here in the SEL. Two straight summers he haven't gotten a NHL contract, I am 100% sure that he would, without a problem, make 15 out of 30 teams in the NHL, for 500k USD per season. His CV might not be perfect, but he is a good hockeyplayer, who would help a team like Toronto, for example, allot.
You don't understand why the NHL is so "name horny?" It's all about proving yourself at the highest level, and despite his prior escapades Mariusz had done a lot more than Mikael.

NHL General Managers have a job that they wouldn't mind keeping, and with all of the pressures involved the choice between unproven and proven is sometimes all too easy for them. Now, that doesn't make it right, but it's easy to point to many examples of managers in any field making suboptimal decisions due to pressure. I should also make it clear that it doesn't just happen in NA hockey, but in European hockey also.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 08:10 PM
BigE

In regards to Dubinsky:

I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do against NHL competition. However, I'm extremely weary of seeing him on the 4th line (much like I was seeing Prucha on the 4th line last year); although I have a little more faith in a player's ability to work his way into more playing time this year, than I did last year.

However, it must be noted that he'll have to significantly outplay quite a few NHL-experienced players in order to achieve any significant playing time.

That statement brings us back to the exact same discussion we had with Prucha last year and it involves asset management:

- You have to consider development likelihoods for Dubinsky in the NHL and AHL.

- You have to consider the development lives of players remaining on the NHL roster (the older guys with less time but good potential).

- One must think about what our goal is this season and what maximizes our future ability.

To be honest, I don't want to see this kid playing 6 minutes a game - it can't happen. And if he's playing 12-14 minutes a game it's got to be in a meaningful role that gives him an opportunity to develop his individual skill set - otherwise put the appropriate part in there and send him down to the minors where he's guaranteed adequate time and meaning.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 11:07 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
eh, well Ola, I don't always agree with TB either and I've basically learned that he and I just won't see eye to eye on some things, so at a certain point it's not even worth arguing about.

there's just a point where two disagreeing people will never change the mind of the other, no matter what the other brings to the argument. Too much of it is personal opinion that just won't change.

I'd suggest just ignoring his posts that you don't like, or leave your response at only 1 post
I'll say this about the guy..

TB and I almost never agree but on a personal level and non-ranger level he is a good guy..

I still won't respond to most of his posts or arguments but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy reading them...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 11:19 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
lol, I got a chuckle out of this
Yup, I did too.

romba is offline   Reply With Quote