HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hershey (AHL) and Reading (ECHL) 2012-13 Season

Old
05-05-2013, 01:50 AM
troyerlaw
Life is not party

vCash: 500
i know the Bears got crushed, but for anyone who saw the 5-1 loss to Providence, how did Wilson look?

troyerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 04:59 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post
i know the Bears got crushed, but for anyone who saw the 5-1 loss to Providence, how did Wilson look?
Speed in comparison to AHLers really surprised me. He was one of the speediest players on the ice. I counted three hits in a limited TOI. Had a great scoring chance but sent the puck high. I felt like they should've tried him on PP that was a pain to watch last night, especially 5-on-3.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:49 AM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Speed in comparison to AHLers really surprised me. He was one of the speediest players on the ice. I counted three hits in a limited TOI. Had a great scoring chance but sent the puck high. I felt like they should've tried him on PP that was a pain to watch last night, especially 5-on-3.
Dear god, Taffe should not be high on the 5 on 3. Why Kundratek wasn't in his place was mind blowing. Hell, just have Orlov on top and put Wilson and Kane around the net would have been a good idea.

I was pleasantly surprised with Wilson's skating after reading/listening about projections on him. You could tell he was still figuring out the system, but otherwise seemed fine. Got a couple solid hits, had a good chance and looked like he belonged in his limited TOI.

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 01:19 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

I see Latta scored the lone goal, how has his play been?

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 02:17 PM
hb11xchamps

Latta's line was the best line last night IMO. They constantly grind and tire out the opposing forwards and are very fast. I don't know why that line isn't constantly being matched up against the Bourque line which is really really fast. Latta was one of the few bright spots last night. Hit everything that moved, tried to instigate some fights, and talked a lot of trash. He is turning into my favorite player.

Wilson looked very very shaky the first two periods. Out of position a lot. A few times it looked like he was playing LW, even though I thought he was a RW? The third period he looked like he blew off the nerves and played a lot better. Biggest guy on the ice and was very quick for his size. He got lucky for a matching Providence minor in the third period when he went after a guy going to the bench. Would have been a stupid penalty. Interesting to see if he drops the gloves tonight

Overall, the Bears came out flying and it was all downhill from there. They looked like a deflated team compared to the two games in Providence. They need to keep the Providence PP and Chris Bourque on the bench. Bourque had 2 goals and 2 assists last night. It will be interesting to see if French makes some lineup changes tonight

hb11xchamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 02:19 PM
hb11xchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
Dear god, Taffe should not be high on the 5 on 3. Why Kundratek wasn't in his place was mind blowing. Hell, just have Orlov on top and put Wilson and Kane around the net would have been a good idea.

I was pleasantly surprised with Wilson's skating after reading/listening about projections on him. You could tell he was still figuring out the system, but otherwise seemed fine. Got a couple solid hits, had a good chance and looked like he belonged in his limited TOI.
That 5 on 3 was god awful. Should have been Orlov and Kundratek on the points with Stoa/Kane in front of the net and Wellman and one of Potulny/Taffe on the half boards. The PP has been the bread and butter the past two games and it needs to come back for tonights game

Old
05-05-2013, 04:30 PM
hb11xchamps

No lineup changes made. Wilson playing again

Old
05-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

Tom Wilson looks like a gamer

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:51 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

So I see Wilson had a goal. Any reports on how he looked?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:54 AM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
So I see Wilson had a goal. Any reports on how he looked?
WGAF on how he looked. What was his ES #SWAG/60?

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:31 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
WGAF on how he looked. What was his ES #SWAG/60?
Does the AHL even track #SWAG/60? #amateurs #getonmylevel

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:46 AM
msrulo

Wow Hersh loses again..

msrulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:40 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Hat tip to RMNB

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:13 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Wellar added to Royals playoff roster, but will remain with Hershey until the end of their season.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:16 PM
hb11xchamps

Wilson looked very comfortable in this game and even saw an increase in ice time. He was very physical and used his quickness on the forecheck nicely. Toward the end of the game he matched up a few times against Bourque and really frustrated him. He scored his goal after coming out of the penalty box and driving the net for a rebound.

While the Bears played better, they really are struggling against the Bourque-Camper-Spooner line which is very very fast. They should have won last nights game. A dumb delay of game penalty by Deschamps really cost the Bears the game. They had a 4-3 lead with about 3 minutes left and the Bruins scored on the PP from the Deschamps minor. They then turned around and Camper scored from the blueline off of a shot that hit Boyd Kane's stick and knuckled past Grubauer.

To win the next game Hershey needs to frustrate and match up better against the Bourque line and not let the Bruins get any PP chances.

Old
05-06-2013, 12:32 PM
hb11xchamps

Just out of curiosity, what are the fan's opinions on Mark French?

Old
05-06-2013, 12:50 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post
Just out of curiosity, what are the fan's opinions on Mark French?
Having not watched Hershey play consistently in a couple seasons, I can only judge by the call-ups to the Caps. Kundratek and Oleksy this year have exceeded everyone's expectations, Holtby's a stud, and Eakin seemed to have been extremely well developed.

In light of that, French gets a thumbs up from me.

He's got some legit prospects to work with now in Orlov, Kundratek, Schilling, Schmidt, Latta, and maybe Galiev. There might be another influx next year with Rissling, Carrick, and any surprises (Djoos? Barber?). It'll be a strong indicator of his coaching ability how that group develops.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 05:48 PM
hb11xchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Having not watched Hershey play consistently in a couple seasons, I can only judge by the call-ups to the Caps. Kundratek and Oleksy this year have exceeded everyone's expectations, Holtby's a stud, and Eakin seemed to have been extremely well developed.

In light of that, French gets a thumbs up from me.

He's got some legit prospects to work with now in Orlov, Kundratek, Schilling, Schmidt, Latta, and maybe Galiev. There might be another influx next year with Rissling, Carrick, and any surprises (Djoos? Barber?). It'll be a strong indicator of his coaching ability how that group develops.
I would attribute the defensive development somewhat into the hands of Troy Mann since he controls the D. He has been a great addition to the Bears staff since his hire.

I will say that French hasn't had a real forward prospect that he "developed". I guess time will tell with Galiev who had a sub par season in Hershey and a decent season in Reading. A lot of the guys French has gotten were guys who were very close to being NHL ready.

The goalies could be the work of Prior and Kolzig. Kolzig attended at least one of the games this weekend and I'm pretty sure makes frequent stops in Hershey and Reading to work with Holtby (start of the year), Grubauer, Anderson, and Kostenko

Old
05-08-2013, 07:15 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Genoway in and Orlov out (illness) in deciding Game 5 tonight.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 07:27 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post
I would attribute the defensive development somewhat into the hands of Troy Mann since he controls the D. He has been a great addition to the Bears staff since his hire.

I will say that French hasn't had a real forward prospect that he "developed". I guess time will tell with Galiev who had a sub par season in Hershey and a decent season in Reading. A lot of the guys French has gotten were guys who were very close to being NHL ready.

The goalies could be the work of Prior and Kolzig. Kolzig attended at least one of the games this weekend and I'm pretty sure makes frequent stops in Hershey and Reading to work with Holtby (start of the year), Grubauer, Anderson, and Kostenko
Garrett Mitchell? Really like Mitchy and think he can compete for that 4th line spot next year, especially if Hendy's gone.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Rumblick

Well, doesn't that just suck.

Rumblick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 11:12 PM
ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

*Sigh* Bears blow a 2-0 series lead and lose.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 11:15 PM
royals119

Royals lost in Cincinnati tonight 3-2 in OT. All three games in this Conference final series have gone to OT, Royals are up 2-1 in the series. Next two games in Cincy on Fri/Sat, then back to Reading on Monday night for game 6, and Tuesday for Game 7, if needed.

Galiev is still wearing a boot from the ankle injury he sustained in the Florida series, but did make the trip to Cincy, so he is likely day-to-day.

All you Bears fans should consider a trip to Reading on Monday night to extend your season - Wellar should be in the lineup, along with Flemming, Almeda, Barlow, Berry, Syner, and maybe Galiev.

royals119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Royals getting any additional help from Hershey (other than Wellar) now that they're eliminated?

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 08:41 PM
royals119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Royals getting any additional help from Hershey (other than Wellar) now that they're eliminated?
No more space. ECHL limits playoff roster to 23, and they have 23 now. Plus the rosters are locked at the beginning of the conference finals. That is why they added Wellar a couple days ago, before the deadline.

royals119 is offline   Reply With Quote