HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rozsival to have minor surgery

Old
09-20-2006, 11:31 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Rozsival to have minor surgery

Quote:
Maybe it isn’t cause for panic, but the Rangers will be without defenseman Michal Rozsival for the rest of the preseason because of a slight meniscus tear in his knee.
Though it’s unclear when Rozsival sustained the injury—he played in the Blue and White scrimmage on Monday—it was bothering him enough to have an MRI done yesterday. While the plan is for Rozsival to have arthroscopic surgery tomorrow, the team said he’s expected back for the regular season opener Thursday, Oct. 5 against the Capitals.

As a point of reference, Rangers PR head John Rosasco said that the team’s massage therapist Brice Lifrieri (AKA “Bruce the Masseuse”) had the same procedure done recently and was back a week later bouncing around the locker room. I pointed out that that’s not the same thing as playing in the NHL, but Rosasco countered by saying, “Yeah, but he’s 52 years old.” Good point.

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 11:51 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that defenseman Michal Rozsival will undergo surgery to repair a medial meniscus tear in his right knee this afternoon. The surgery will be performed by Dr. Andrew Feldman and Dr. Anthony Maddalo at St. Vincent's Hospital in New York. He is expected to be out of the lineup for two weeks
http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2279

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 12:16 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Seems like a very minor surgery... but what surgery is minor? Hopefully this isnt anything that turns into a long term or nagging thing for the season... Even though some would rather not have him in the lineup he is still a valuable assest anyway you cut it.

Good that it happened now and they can clean it up. Another positive is the Rangers can take a better look at some d prospects.

Get well Rozy

Old
09-20-2006, 12:19 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Seems like a very minor surgery... but what surgery is minor? Hopefully this isnt anything that turns into a long term or nagging thing for the season... Even though some would rather not have him in the lineup he is still a valuable assest anyway you cut it.

Good that it happened now and they can clean it up. Another positive is the Rangers can take a better look at some d prospects.

Get well Rozy

agreed, id take the injuries now instead of later in the season and in the playoffs.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 03:16 PM
robertch

Isn't Felman the guy who performed surgery on Bure, subsequently ending his career?

robertch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 03:29 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertch View Post
Isn't Felman the guy who performed surgery on Bure, subsequently ending his career?
Bure knees were totally screwed to begin with, i thinnk he had a few surgeries and a much worse injury.

Rozsival has had knee issues in the past though... but this is one of the most minor surgeries there are for the knee. This is not a total reconstruction or MCL/ACL thing.

Old
09-20-2006, 04:01 PM
shoothepuck
NY Raiders AMNRL

Bure had 7 knee operations so he had problems way before NY had to deal with him. Rozsivals is minor, and good that it's being taken care of now before the season starts.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Rattray

Cue the Leetch signing in the next 2 days...

Rattray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 10:22 PM
cityhockeyfever

I'm not concerned at all. Out two weeks and due back for the season opener?
No big deal to me. Michal Rozsival is a veteran here and I don't see him missing a beat when he returns.

cityhockeyfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhockeyfever View Post
I'm not concerned at all. Out two weeks and due back for the season opener?
No big deal to me. Michal Rozsival is a veteran here and I don't see him missing a beat when he returns.
Even veterans need pre-season. Coming back too soon means uneven play and the possiblity of further injury. And too, Roszival has had a significant knee injury in the past which caused him to miss almost a full season--making it even more important that he doesn't come back too soon.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 12:29 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattray View Post
Cue the Leetch signing in the next 2 days...
you know, i was gonna say "Cue the Leetching signing rumors/posts" but apparently I've been beat! 2 weeks! Will the season even have started by then?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote