HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Peterborough Petes 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-02-2013, 08:31 PM
  #576
Foober40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 42
vCash: 500
Keep an eye on Tanner Lafrance . He already has an invite on the table to the Greyhounds main camp .

Foober40 is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:24 PM
  #577
PetesFan94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foober40 View Post
Keep an eye on Tanner Lafrance . He already has an invite on the table to the Greyhounds main camp .
Awesome, thanks. Will do.

PetesFan94 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 10:28 AM
  #578
PetesFan94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foober40 View Post
Keep an eye on Tanner Lafrance . He already has an invite on the table to the Greyhounds main camp .
Kid stood out in first practise, blew by the defenceman in the 1 on 1's.


Also.. Matt Spencer can skate... Holy man.. Wow.

PetesFan94 is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:05 PM
  #579
PetesFan94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
Rookie Camp has come and go very quickly... Main Camp is only 115 days away!! (But whos counting right?)

Here is who stood out too me over the past few days...(for anyone who cares!!)

- Team White:

Samuel Hunter - good first pass, good prospect for 10th round.

Cameron Lizotte - Solid Defensively, huge open ice hit in the 2nd scrimmage. Needs to work on foot speed.

Zac Masson - Always around the puck, very physical player, scored two goals today.

Mitchell Webb - Physical/Fiesty, better offensively then I expected.

Scott Smith - Very solid throughout the weekend. Good rebound control. Best goalie at camp.


- Team Maroon:

Matthew Alvaro - very quick, very shifty, hard to knock off the puck and decent offensive game.

Josh Coyle - Big. Powerforward, drives hard to the net.

Hunter Racine - very good offensively but tried to do a little too much. Could probably play depth role in O next season if he waned too.

Matthew Spencer - Most impressive player this weekend by far, very good skater.. Can skate himself out of trouble. Good hockey IQ... Reads the play very well. Good hard, low shot.

Anthony Stefano did not come to camp.

PetesFan94 is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 08:00 PM
  #580
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Rookie Camp has come and go very quickly... Main Camp is only 115 days away!! (But whos counting right?)

Here is who stood out too me over the past few days...(for anyone who cares!!)

- Team White:

Samuel Hunter - good first pass, good prospect for 10th round.

Cameron Lizotte - Solid Defensively, huge open ice hit in the 2nd scrimmage. Needs to work on foot speed.

Zac Masson - Always around the puck, very physical player, scored two goals today.

Mitchell Webb - Physical/Fiesty, better offensively then I expected.

Scott Smith - Very solid throughout the weekend. Good rebound control. Best goalie at camp.


- Team Maroon:

Matthew Alvaro - very quick, very shifty, hard to knock off the puck and decent offensive game.

Josh Coyle - Big. Powerforward, drives hard to the net.

Hunter Racine - very good offensively but tried to do a little too much. Could probably play depth role in O next season if he waned too.

Matthew Spencer - Most impressive player this weekend by far, very good skater.. Can skate himself out of trouble. Good hockey IQ... Reads the play very well. Good hard, low shot.

Anthony Stefano did not come to camp.
Good write up.

Sam Hunter in the 10th was an excellent pick. Feet need to improve a touch. He is a massive kid who is tough. Wont be surprised to see him in 2 years.

Trust me u will like M.Webb. This kid is willing hit the zamboni if u ask him too. He was Strome's linemate and although his primary role was to forecheck and work, he flashed some offensive skill. I wouldnt expect him to produce OHL points really but u gotta love his work ethic, he gives everything.

Alvaro I remember, saying it was a great pick last year to Petes Fans and I still believe it. His is a bull terrier. Tough, under-rated offensive skills, top notch work ethic, good skater. Similar to a R.Rupert.

Spencer probably will be a top 5 NHL pick in his draft year. His speed and shot will cause problems for teams next year. HE will be one of the fastest Dmen right away in the OHL.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 08:39 PM
  #581
PetesFan94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Good write up.

Sam Hunter in the 10th was an excellent pick. Feet need to improve a touch. He is a massive kid who is tough. Wont be surprised to see him in 2 years.

Trust me u will like M.Webb. This kid is willing hit the zamboni if u ask him too. He was Strome's linemate and although his primary role was to forecheck and work, he flashed some offensive skill. I wouldnt expect him to produce OHL points really but u gotta love his work ethic, he gives everything.

Alvaro I remember, saying it was a great pick last year to Petes Fans and I still believe it. His is a bull terrier. Tough, under-rated offensive skills, top notch work ethic, good skater. Similar to a R.Rupert.

Spencer probably will be a top 5 NHL pick in his draft year. His speed and shot will cause problems for teams next year. HE will be one of the fastest Dmen right away in the OHL.
I think Alvaro is a bit small though for a bottom 6 role. Spencer's feet is just awesome to watch. Good kid too. He wore #27 this weekend dont know if thats his number for the year. What did ya think of Racine Mapleleaf? Think he is OHL ready?

Im sure Spencer will be that much more impressive with a good defensive partner.

PetesFan94 is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 10:07 PM
  #582
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
I think Alvaro is a bit small though for a bottom 6 role. Spencer's feet is just awesome to watch. Good kid too. He wore #27 this weekend dont know if thats his number for the year. What did ya think of Racine Mapleleaf? Think he is OHL ready?

Im sure Spencer will be that much more impressive with a good defensive partner.
Alvaro doesnt have alot of size, but is tenacious. If he does well in the scrimmages at camp, u never know. He did well in the OJHL this year.

Racine is a good player, I think he is a lock for the OHL this year. He shoots the puck really well and is good around the net.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 08:08 AM
  #583
PetesFan94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Alvaro doesnt have alot of size, but is tenacious. If he does well in the scrimmages at camp, u never know. He did well in the OJHL this year.

Racine is a good player, I think he is a lock for the OHL this year. He shoots the puck really well and is good around the net.
Both likely could have a spot IF they want it... NCAA could be an issue.

Ritchie-Tanus-Nosad
Betzold-Pierog-Cornel
Clarke-Racine-Euro
Maguire-Alvaro-Hatcher
Coyle/M.Webb

Boland-Devlin
Armstrong-Seymour
Varga-Spencer
Lizotte

PetesFan94 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:16 PM
  #584
pipertim
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Both likely could have a spot IF they want it... NCAA could be an issue.

Ritchie-Tanus-Nosad
Betzold-Pierog-Cornel
Clarke-Racine-Euro
Maguire-Alvaro-Hatcher
Coyle/M.Webb

Boland-Devlin
Armstrong-Seymour
Varga-Spencer
Lizotte
Cody Thompson?

pipertim is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 02:29 PM
  #585
PetesFan94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipertim View Post
Cody Thompson?
On the outside looking in. Just my opinion. Guys like Webb, Coyle, Alvaro and Racine have a higher upside.

PetesFan94 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 02:43 PM
  #586
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
On the outside looking in. Just my opinion. Guys like Webb, Coyle, Alvaro and Racine have a higher upside.
Webb will make the team and Coyle should make the team, imo. Although it may be better to develop, one of them in Junior A in the Top 9 vs OHL in the bottom 3. Depending on the Petes depth at camp. I think the first 3 picks should be given long looks at camp. Webb already plays an OHL/physical style of hockey. His game translates well to the OHL. Same with guys like Knott, Baird and Bushnell from this 97 draft. These guys are physical, hard workers who can open up space and can play in Year 1. This is the reason why they were selected over more skilled guys who are lacking strength or tenacity.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 02:44 PM
  #587
PetesFan94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Webb and Coyle should make the team. Although it may be better to develop, one of them in Junior A in the Top 9 vs OHL in the bottom 3. Depending on the Petes depth at camp. I think the first 3 picks should be given long looks at camp.
I agree. IMO M.Webb can already do what Cody Thompson did last season. Forcheck hard. Plus Webb will bring better offense.

Mapleleaf do you know if Mitchell Webb can drop the mitts? Has he ever?

PetesFan94 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 02:54 PM
  #588
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Mapleleaf do you know if Mitchell Webb can drop the mitts? Has he ever?
Ive never seen them drop the mitts. I think both Webb's will drop the mitts, I have little doubt regarding that. They are both aggressive with an edge. Jack needs to be careful with dumb penalties. The father of the twins is a big man, the boys should be 200+ in a few years.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 03:21 PM
  #589
PetesFan94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Ive never seen them drop the mitts. I think both Webb's will drop the mitts, I have little doubt regarding that. They are both aggressive with an edge. Jack needs to be careful with dumb penalties. The father of the twins is a big man, the boys should be 200+ in a few years.
Seems like potentially alot of rookies for a roster that should be good next year..

Potentially: Spencer, Lizotte, Alvaro, Racine, Webb and Coyle + Euro.

But they will all be playing depth roles and Alvaro and Racine have played Jr.A

PetesFan94 is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 02:23 PM
  #590
PetesFan94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
The Petes biggest need this offseason is a depth scorer..

Some pieces I think may be moved:

Nosad
Guigovaz

Some guys i think Petes should target:

Crisp
Harper
Auger
Smoskozwitz
Kontos
Brassard

PetesFan94 is offline  
Old
05-10-2013, 09:48 AM
  #591
PetesFan94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
@PetesOHLhockey: Petes are set to make a roster announcement today at 12:30pm. Details to follow.

@PboroExaminer: Petes' sign 2012 draft pick Anthony Stefano
http://t.co/yQf5AmLSY0


Last edited by PetesFan94: 05-10-2013 at 11:22 AM.
PetesFan94 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.