HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

habs vs sens

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2013, 08:38 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
How can you win a fight when the refs jump in right after the first punch?
How can you get a chance to throw and land a clear bomb before the other guy even has his gloves on and still not win the fight?

Why do you keep trying to de-rail your own thread? We get it, you love baseball swings, guys jumping each other and like to whine about hfboards alleged bias.

Old
05-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 50
Quote:
How can you win a fight when the refs jump in right after the first punch?
exactly. Thats why you dont jump someone, makes you look a bit foolish. Challange sure but to drop then punch a guy who isnt ready.......well.........

Old
05-06-2013, 08:50 AM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
exactly. Thats why you dont jump someone, makes you look a bit foolish. Challange sure but to drop then punch a guy who isnt ready.......well.........
I liked it. And I liked what Neil,Kassian and Smith did after their respective fight. That's how you create rivalrys. Hope the habs will be tougher next year.

Old
05-06-2013, 08:52 AM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
How can you get a chance to throw and land a clear bomb before the other guy even has his gloves on and still not win the fight?

Why do you keep trying to de-rail your own thread? We get it, you love baseball swings, guys jumping each other and like to whine about hfboards alleged bias.
this is good. Really good. I ****ing love it,****ing love it.....you can cry me a river softy

Old
05-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
I liked it. And I liked what Neil,Kassian and Smith did after their respective fight. That's how you create rivalrys. Hope the habs will be tougher next year.
This is true. Maybe they will square off later in the series. Or maybe someone will jump gallagher. I must say this series has been very entertaining thus far.

Old
05-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Trognitz

Quote:

Subban vs Turris

win subban
gets a WIN for pushing Turris over ?

i rescind that statement. after watching the whole clip i see he landed at least one nice right. i shouldda watched the whole thing before commenting and bud12 is generally pretty reliable. sorry.

Last edited by Trognitz: 05-06-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old
05-06-2013, 09:57 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
Tinordi seemed to lose. IDK tho didn't see it all. Cameras were focused on Cowen. I want to see the Neil and Kassian fights.
Yeah... that's gotta be why Phillips screamed the refs to intervene after this body shot because he knew quickly enough he couldn't handle him.

Old
05-06-2013, 09:58 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
I don't care if White fought Thornton or not. I find it funny his one "big" victory was against noted tough guy Johnny Boychuk.

The only "good" fighter on the Habs is Prust and I didn't see him do anything today
He invited Neil to fight like 3 minutes before the brawl... Neil declined.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:16 AM
qc
Dare to Dream

Ottawa <3

Old
05-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Trognitz

EVERY game should feature this kinda action and hatred

Old
05-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Yeah why would Neil want to fight someone when his team is up 3 in the 3rd game of the Play offs.

Why put the Habs on a PP? I saw what Prust was trying to do. Neil didn't bite.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:32 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
If they get Clowe maybe but I just don't see the Habs going out and getting a few physical guys. They should stick to their speed game.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Neil actually invited Prust and followed him around goating him to fight in the first when it was 0-0 if you watched the game as CBC replayed the interaction after a commercial break. Would of been a momentum shift possibly for whoever won the fight but Prust declined.

Why fight when you are leading and possibly give the other team moementum when you are leading with a marginal score?

Old
05-06-2013, 10:59 AM
dkdanielkli
GO HABS GO

Send a message via Skype™ to dkdanielkli
Quote:
Yeah why would Neil want to fight someone when his team is up 3 in the 3rd game of the Play offs.

Why put the Habs on a PP? I saw what Prust was trying to do. Neil didn't bite.
And he still fought Moen 3 mins later. What you are saying doesn't make sense, does it ?

Old
05-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdanielkli View Post
And he still fought Moen 3 mins later. What you are saying doesn't make sense, does it ?
Actually it does make sense A LOT of sense. You just don't see it. I think it's funny that Habs fans are trying to insinuate that Neil is afraid of Prust or was picking his spots.

Why fight 1 on 1 with Prust when his team is up 3? Like the PBP announcers were saying Prust was trying to have Neil drop his gloves first. Neil didn't bite.

Neil fought in the brawl because it was a ****ing hockey brawl. He went to neutralize Moen which is what people do in scrums or brawls.

Thought Moen was a tough customer. What happened to him?

Old
05-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
It does. That was an emotional fight as a result of white's actions. The other would be a staged fight.

Old
05-06-2013, 11:12 AM
bud12

Quote:
Neil actually invited Prust and followed him around goating him to fight in the first when it was 0-0 if you watched the game as CBC replayed the interaction after a commercial break. Would of been a momentum shift possibly for whoever won the fight but Prust declined.

Why fight when you are leading and possibly give the other team moementum when you are leading with a marginal score?
true, Neil challenged Prust in the first....Side note, I'm disappointed by the showing of Tinordi in the brawl. He should and could have beat Phillips but looked like a pacifist out there. Need more anger like Cowen again White

Old
05-06-2013, 11:15 AM
bud12

Quote:
Actually it does make sense A LOT of sense. You just don't see it. I think it's funny that Habs fans are trying to insinuate that Neil is afraid of Prust or was picking his spots.

Why fight 1 on 1 with Prust when his team is up 3? Like the PBP announcers were saying Prust was trying to have Neil drop his gloves first. Neil didn't bite.

Neil fought in the brawl because it was a ****ing hockey brawl. He went to neutralize Moen which is what people do in scrums or brawls.

Thought Moen was a tough customer. What happened to him?
He's tough but rarely show it. Concussion may have something to do about it..

Old
05-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
true, Neil challenged Prust in the first....Side note, I'm disappointed by the showing of Tinordi in the brawl. He should and could have beat Phillips but looked like a pacifist out there. Need more anger like Cowen again White
I have not had the pleasure of watching Tinordi go. Reading on posts of his AHL fights on Hockeyfightsdotcom it sounds like he has quite a few good showings down in the A.

Old
05-06-2013, 11:17 AM
bud12

Quote:
I have not had the pleasure of watching Tinordi go. Reading on posts of his AHL fights on Hockeyfightsdotcom it sounds like he has quite a few good showings down in the A.
He's not a good fighter for is size but he should beat Phillips easy....

Old
05-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
It makes a ton of sense.

The score was 3-1 when Prust challenged Neil. If Prust wins that fight, or even loses it, it could get a huge spark to Montreal which could cost Ottawa the game (and potentially the series).

When he fought Moen, it was 4-1. His fight wasn't even the main attraction. Everyone on the ice was fighting. If he loses that fight, I doubt it gives the Habs much motivation because it was only 1/5 of what was going on.

Quote:
He's not a good fighter for is size but he should beat Phillips easy....
Yup. If I remember correctly, Phillips had an eye injury so it's really risky for him to even fight.

Old
05-06-2013, 11:53 AM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Not sure if Subban was throwing punches. Looked like he was trying to swan-dive into his face.

Old
05-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Lilou
t-.-t

Montreals been roughed up in the NE division too many times. Buffalo needs to join the fun.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:13 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
Montreals been roughed up in the NE division too many times. Buffalo needs to join the fun.
Everybody ride her, just like a bus route

Old
05-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
You think they'd learn that if they try and goon it up they're going to pay. Their best fighters are Brandon Prust and Ryan White. They've shown time and time again they cannot win this way, yet they keep trying.

Closed Thread