HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michel Therrien II

Old
05-05-2013, 11:07 PM
TYLENOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Maclean and Therrien are not on even equal playing fields.

We all joke about Walrus but he is better.

I give Therrien until Jan 2014 to be fired.
And its going to be the same thing for the next coach and the one after that and after that. We might as well keep Therrien. Like i mean seriously, there is never going to be a coach that is able to please every fan, especially nowadays.

TYLENOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:15 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Bring Boucher here.

Sign Malone once he is bought out. Plus 2 bigger D and a legitimate enforcer.
I would love to see Boucher coaching in Montreal.

He would have been a success in Tampa if he would have had a consistent goalie. And he would have that h......

Er, wait a minute.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:26 PM
TYLENOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I would love to see Boucher coaching in Montreal.

He would have been a success in Tampa if he would have had a consistent goalie. And he would have that h......

Er, wait a minute.
Meh, i dont think he'd have much more to offer than MT.

TYLENOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:35 AM
Habs

I am actually embarrassed by Therrien and his comments at this point. I suspect management isn't too thrilled either at this point. He is coming across as a whiner, a coach who's out of touch with reality. I hope he takes his attitude, his terrible post season coaching record, and hits the road when this season is over.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:40 AM
thom

Imagine if Scotty Bowman was coaching like he did in the 70's some lawyer who sue Bowman for verbal abuse to players on and off the ice.Bowman was a great great coach but his social skills were less than great.

thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:40 AM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I am actually embarrassed by Therrien and his comments at this point. I suspect management isn't too thrilled either at this point. He is coming across as a whiner, a coach who's out of touch with reality. I hope he takes his attitude, his terrible post season coaching record, and hits the road when this season is over.
Can't see us firing the coach that quick. But I agree about his remarks. To say that stuff after game one is not so bad. He is emotional. He cares about his players. And Eller went down. Not a good night. But to do it again, tonight. It's whiny.

That was one thing I really respected about Jacques Martin. I mean, I wanted him to be more vocal than he was and I wanted him gone. But the guy didn't whine. In real life, I would bet Martin is a pretty good guy. Therrien, I think is definitely better at getting behind his players, though.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:47 AM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Wow. It's the coach's fault already?

Do people really think someone else could have done better? Done better with Gio, DD and MaxPac being invisible in this series and playing subpar for weeks, if not months, now? Better with this defense, which is not nearly big and gritty enough for playoff hockey? Better with key players (Eller, Emelin) out?

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:48 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
Can't see us firing the coach that quick. But I agree about his remarks. To say that stuff after game one is not so bad. He is emotional. He cares about his players. And Eller went down. Not a good night. But to do it again, tonight. It's whiny.

That was one thing I really respected about Jacques Martin. I mean, I wanted him to be more vocal than he was and I wanted him gone. But the guy didn't whine. In real life, I would bet Martin is a pretty good guy. Therrien, I think is definitely better at getting behind his players, though.
actually, wat he did after game one was great, it's probably THE reason why Diaz played well and confident in game two.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:52 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
You're not used to it cause the NHL prevent coachs to say what they want nowadays but the comments were far worse than that in the 80s. You should have watched Pat Burns in his prime. He said to Corson in front of the media "he should go sht himself!". Yet Burns is looked at as one of the greatest ever.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:53 AM
Clumsyhab

I was not a fan of MT when he was hired, but I think a decent job this year. Can't believe some of you want him out already because of his postgame PC. Hopefully, you aren't the ones that want Roy here.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:56 AM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
I was not a fan of MT when he was hired, but I think a decent job this year. Can't believe some of you want him out already because of his postgame PC. Hopefully, you aren't the ones that want Roy here.
I don't want him gone. I just think he is coming of as whiny tonight.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:00 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
I don't want him gone. I just think he is coming of as whiny tonight.
They asked him about the timeout, he responded.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:01 AM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
He said to Corson in front of the media "he should go sht himself!". Yet Burns is looked at as one of the greatest ever.
That doesnt sound whiny. That's an example of a coach giving it to his own player rather than complaining because he didnt think another coach was classy enough for him. Definitely was a ******** move by Maclean but he is allowed to call one timeout a game. Not really Therrien's place to give a second lecture about being classy.

Last edited by andy28: 05-06-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Old
05-06-2013, 01:27 AM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
actually, wat he did after game one was great, it's probably THE reason why Diaz played well and confident in game two.
It may have been. Who knows? Maybe the guys just played well. They played pretty good in game 1. Also, with him going on about class again tonight, it looks less to me like he was some kind of motivational genius, and more like he was just emotional. If it worked great.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:33 AM
CN_paladin

MT can only do so much when most of his top 6 forwards have been invisible!

Why can't we ****ing buyout DD's 4 year contract instead of Kaberle's?

CN_paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:37 AM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
MT needs to preach consistency right now. Get in a rhythm and start the puck possession game.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:39 AM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post

I don't like DD because he's just not cut out for the playoffs, the season that matters. Now, like I said in the DD thread, I don't mind signing him because he's just a stopgap for the transition years -- I'm sure he does not appear in the long-term plan of the GM because that would be insane. (Now, of course, if DD becomes a Martin St. Louis, which is highly unlikely, then the plan changes.)

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:58 AM
andy28

Quote:

That's true. We have a lot of guys who just aren't producing. Gio has really lost a step (or a few steps). DD and Patches aren't playing up to par. But I don't think they aren't trying. DD is either in a slump or we overestimated him. And only time will tell. Guys like Eller, the Gallies and Prust have been excellent. Therrien has obviously done a lot of things right. I do like that he seems to be a lot closer to his players. And the team has battled a lot harder all year than I've seen them do in a long time.

Old
05-06-2013, 09:04 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
You're not used to it cause the NHL prevent coachs to say what they want nowadays but the comments were far worse than that in the 80s. You should have watched Pat Burns in his prime. He said to Corson in front of the media "he should go sht himself!". Yet Burns is looked at as one of the greatest ever.
Been watching the Habs since the late 70's, I don't need a refresher on coaching.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:

He does have control on who does and does not play though. No more Pacioretty on Gionta in the starting lineup until they are healed up enough to play well.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:

He's been proven to have a short shelf life. I think Bergevin brought him in with the idea we wouldn't be contenders and Therrien could use his year or two shelf life to motivate some young guys but now that we are actually good it is obvious Therrien is in over his head.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpw View Post
He'll be gone by Friday noon. He really embarrassd the organization in his post game interview(s).
He's just trying to pump his team up man. Relax

Ginu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 05:35 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Wow. It's the coach's fault already?

Do people really think someone else could have done better? Done better with Gio, DD and MaxPac being invisible in this series and playing subpar for weeks, if not months, now? Better with this defense, which is not nearly big and gritty enough for playoff hockey? Better with key players (Eller, Emelin) out?
You and I see eye to eye on a lot of issues. On this one we will have to disagree.

Yes, Therrien is at fault.

Our PP has been solved by other teams. Put two defenders high on the DMen and we crumble and have trouble maintaining the puck in our zone, much less getting scoring chances.

Our PP has forwards on the side of or behind the net instead of having a body in front of the goalie. The Habs WERE doing that during the season and with good results. Now, when we need to cash in on PPs, no one is screening the goalie.

Our forecheck has returned to the Martin way. Send one guy in just to look like we have someone on the forecheck instead of sending two players to pressure the puck like we did during the season.

Defensive zone entries. Remember when teams had trouble entering our zone, whether full strength or PK. Now, our team is simply collapsing toward Price and allowing easy entry into our zone. We were not like that during the regular season.

Exit out of our zone. What impressed me the most about the regular season Habs was the ease with which we skated and passed the puck out of our zone and into a quick transition. We truly were a puck possession team for the first time in a long time. Now, our D have reverted back to Martin hockey of simply shooting or lobbing the puck out of our zone and giving up possession.

Stupid line combo decisions. Therrien took apart our highest scoring line and moved Ryder down and now Ryder and Pleks are in a funk and are not scoring. He also moved Prust down to the 4th line and only moved him back up because of Eller's injuries.

That is simply the short list of problems caused by Therrien's coaching or simply forgetting what this team did to become one of the top teams in the East. Not acceptable and injuries to players is not an excuse for abandoning the principles and style of play that made the Habs successful.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 06:02 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Honestly, I'd rather Ruff or Boucher for next season. Therrien cannot delve into tactics or adjustments whatsoever.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 06:02 PM
habsfanatics

Way too much emphasis on coaching, this team is not down because of coaching. We are down because our goaltender **** the bed in game 1. Coach Therrien implemented a strategy that got 50 shots on goal. He is not anywhere close to the problem.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote