HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Kansas City at Philadelphia (Sept. 19, 8:25 p.m. ET; NFLN)

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2013, 03:43 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Yea he is messed up in the end. Supposedly didnt pass a few drug tests, got arrested for beating some 18 yr old up, and his teammates complain about him because he taunts and acts like he is a superstar.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:48 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Yea he is messed up in the end. Supposedly didnt pass a few drug tests, got arrested for beating some 18 yr old up, and his teammates complain about him because he taunts and acts like he is a superstar.
SEC. :

Tyler Bray from Tennessee was another one of those guys. Very talented but a ****.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
He also left school early as a punter.

He housed like a 40 yard fake punt last year against Florida but got it called back for taunting while running it in.

Quite easily the stupidest rule in all of sports.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:53 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Quite easily the stupidest rule in all of sports.
They just put it in last year. He was the first player to ever receive that penalty on that play.

I agree though its a dumb penalty. I prefer watching college over pros but college has way too many dumb rules now.

Old
04-28-2013, 06:16 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
He also left school early as a punter.

He housed like a 40 yard fake punt last year against Florida but got it called back for taunting while running it in.
Here's the story on the fake punt, with comments from him in video:

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/20..._pays_for.html

Even punters have off-the-field issues, and he was one of them because he got suspended for the bowl game. He was already one of the best punters in the country, if not THE best, and was a draftable punter, just wasn't drafted. I guess he also decided that LSU wasn't going to be that good this year, too. I like him, but I'm also more familiar with him since the Saints writers mix in LSU talk on Saturdays.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:43 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Here's the story on the fake punt, with comments from him in video:

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/20..._pays_for.html

Even punters have off-the-field issues, and he was one of them because he got suspended for the bowl game. He was already one of the best punters in the country, if not THE best, and was a draftable punter, just wasn't drafted. I guess he also decided that LSU wasn't going to be that good this year, too. I like him, but I'm also more familiar with him since the Saints writers mix in LSU talk on Saturdays.
If Im not mistaken (read it online so don't know if its true) but he was supposedly asked by the LSU personal (dont know if that mean coaches or players) to NOT come back.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/nfl-p...204603711.html

Quote:
Sources say Wing, an Australian, was told in so many words by LSU officials in January that he wasn't welcome back despite having two years of eligibility remaining.
Quote:
"Unlike most punters, he wants the fame," one scout said. "If he goes to New York or somewhere like that, look out. He's just a big party guy.

"He's more interested in the length of his punts than the directional or actually being an NFL-type punter."

It's an average year for punters. If he isn't drafted late, Wing surely will sign as a free agent.

"Our team wouldn't even consider him," one of the special-teams coaches said. "When you have multiple violations is when you start to worry.

"With the drug failures, some teams just go with somebody else. But some teams don't worry a thing about that."
Guy really does seem messed up.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:06 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Geno Smith fired his agent already because he wasn't picked first overall. **** this guy.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
04-30-2013, 02:07 PM
SolidSnakeUS

What a ****** ****. Seriously. **** him.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:24 PM
MRxBLACK
Charlie don't surf!

vCash: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Geno Smith fired his agent already because he wasn't picked first overall. **** this guy.
He's going to get eaten alive in NY.

Last edited by MRxBLACK: 04-30-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old
04-30-2013, 03:02 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
If Im not mistaken (read it online so don't know if its true) but he was supposedly asked by the LSU personal (dont know if that mean coaches or players) to NOT come back.

Guy really does seem messed up.
Tyler Bray tops that. Apparently he was trying to be the Kenny Powers of Football recently. He had two run ins with the law within 2 weeks of each other prior to the draft. He signed as an undrafted free agent with KC the other day.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ng-on-jet-ski/

Old
05-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Barkley is wearing #2. Not that anyone really cares haha. I bought a jersey already. I was going to buy one regardless of the team he got drafted by. It's nice that it's the Eagles. Probably a waste of money in the long run but oh well.

Old
05-01-2013, 04:10 PM
RussianRocket10

I'll definitely pick up a jersey if I ever come across one.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:11 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Barkley is wearing #2. Not that anyone really cares haha. I bought a jersey already. I was going to buy one regardless of the team he got drafted by. It's nice that it's the Eagles. Probably a waste of money in the long run but oh well.
It was slim pickings for numbers. Barkley is definitely a single digit guy. 2 and 5 were the only ones left and he wasn't getting 5.

Old
05-02-2013, 02:42 PM
The Couturier Effect

This seems interesting...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ken-draft-rule

Quote:
Interesting case here of a young man's mouth maybe getting the Philadelphia Eagles into some trouble. LSU wide receiver Russell Shepard, signed as an undrafted free agent by the Eagles after the draft, gave a radio interview in which he claimed that he and the Eagles had reached agreement on a contract while the sixth round of the draft was still ongoing. This would, of course, be a violation of the rule that prohibits such agreements from being reached until after the draft is completed, and according to Tim McManus, the NFL is looking into the matter. The Eagles say Shepard has his facts wrong:

The Eagles, through a statement, said Shepard’s account is off the mark.

“Russell Shepard has not signed a contract with the Philadelphia Eagles. However, we did come to terms on a contract with he and his agent after the draft was completed. We anticipate he, like all of the rookie free agents we have agreed to terms with, will take a physical examination upon arriving in Philadelphia prior to next week’s rookie mini-camp and then sign a contract.”

Old
05-02-2013, 11:48 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
CANNOT believe they just hand out David Akers' jersey to any schlub through the door

/sarcasm

Old
05-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Continuing with my Geno Smith hate posts, he apparently just fiddled with his cellphone while interviewing with teams before the draft.

Old
05-03-2013, 04:00 PM
RussianRocket10

Apparently some anonymous NFC scout called him a "spoiled, pampered brat"

Old
05-03-2013, 04:04 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I hope the Jets don't play him, especially just watch him ***** and whine. It'll just show more people of how much of a ***** he is.

Old
05-03-2013, 04:42 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Apparently some anonymous NFC scout called him a "spoiled, pampered brat"
First I've ever heard of someone who went to WVU

/Marshalljab

Old
05-03-2013, 05:42 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

God what a ********. Anyone who acts like that when, to be honest, it's a privilege to be in that position is a total dunderhead and doesn't deserve the talents they were born with. Dude has Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell all over him.

05-06-2013, 09:48 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Didnt see anyone talk about him but the Eagles signed a 6'7 FAST reciever in Ifeanyi Momah. Should be interesting to see how he plays. All I can find on him is that he played for Boston College, got hurt last season in the beginning and main reason he wasnt drafted. But is 6'7, fast and can catch the ball. Obviously don't know about his smarts and all.

Old
05-06-2013, 09:49 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Didnt see anyone talk about him but the Eagles signed a 6'7 FAST reciever in Ifeanyi Momah. Should be interesting to see how he plays. All I can find on him is that he played for Boston College, got hurt last season in the beginning and main reason he wasnt drafted. But is 6'7, fast and can catch the ball. Obviously don't know about his smarts and all.
Kind of odd that a huge receiver that is evidently a speedster doesn't get drafted. Hopefully he becomes that red zone threat!

Old
05-06-2013, 12:31 PM
A Clerk
Schennergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
First I've ever heard of someone who went to WVU

/Marshalljab
my best friend since elementary school went to WVU and he came back with the biggest head, thought he was some superstar cause he played on their soccer team hahaha

Old
05-06-2013, 05:43 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Kind of odd that a huge receiver that is evidently a speedster doesn't get drafted. Hopefully he becomes that red zone threat!
Just started playing receiver (used to line up at DE), limited playing experience, ACL injury, poor route runner. Definitely worth taking a shot but he's a long shot. Actually seen him play the game he tore his ACL against Northwestern two years ago. He was awesome that game, but BC threw the ball 50 or 60 times that game. Their offense was never the same after that.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:54 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Clerk View Post
my best friend since elementary school went to WVU and he came back with the biggest head, thought he was some superstar cause he played on their soccer team hahaha
Marshall's almost exclusively a 2nd team for every student attending Marshall. Everyone else's favorite football team is WVU, Ohio St, Kentucky, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, or Penn St. WVU fans did nothing but talk and talk until I mentioned I was a Penn St. fan. I started there in the Michael Robinson/Paul Posluzny era. Shut em up quick.

Closed Thread