HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part V: The 2013 Playoffs Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-06-2013, 09:47 AM
  #101
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,369
vCash: 50
I now have even less respect for Rene Bourque.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:08 AM
  #102
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,857
vCash: 500
The NHL left this one go last year, so if the Bourque elbow goes unpunished it won't be the first time.


Curufinwe is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:09 AM
  #103
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener
 
SeanCWombBroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,675
vCash: 500
Should have been 5 games.

Intent to injure. Check.
Dangerous. Check.
Head shot. Check.

SeanCWombBroom is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:18 AM
  #104
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,156
vCash: 500
Boy does Montreal ever get the benefit of the doubt on these things? That's worse than the Gryba hit (which was a clean hit). How Shanny thought there was nothing wrong with that play by Bourque is astonishing.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:25 AM
  #105
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
The NHL left this one go last year, so if the Bourque elbow goes unpunished it won't be the first time.

i LOVE watching the refs with a clear view on that one..

let me guess, no penalty ?

Flyerfan4life is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:26 AM
  #106
4thline4life
The Mased God
 
4thline4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: n philly
Posts: 2,208
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Boy does Montreal ever get the benefit of the doubt on these things? That's worse than the Gryba hit (which was a clean hit). How Shanny thought there was nothing wrong with that play by Bourque is astonishing.
Not really astonishing, shanny has proven over and over he's not capable of this job.

4thline4life is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:27 AM
  #107
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,273
vCash: 156
I don't know what the process for amending the CBA is, but they really need to address it in the offseason. Use Lindros' suggestion.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:33 AM
  #108
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,011
vCash: 50
I'm not sure why they didn't go with the 3 person thing that was suggested. I believe both sides presented something similar for discipline but was somehow left out of the cba

__________________
Krishna is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:34 AM
  #109
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,052
vCash: 500
Basing the suspensions on extent of injury is pathetic. You should be punished more for intent, regardless of outcome. It starts with suspending Gryba on what I thought was a clean check. If you give that 2 games, then you MUST give Bourque at least 2, if not more. How do you expect to take out the head shots if you only discipline on injury? Shanahan is basically saying go ahead elbow his face, just not too hard. It's a joke of a system.

But yet Neal and Giroux get one game each last playoffs for same thing. So stupid.

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:35 AM
  #110
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
Not really astonishing, shanny has proven over and over he's not capable of this job.
That should be a slam dunk of a suspension. Bourque's a repeat offender (suspended twice last year). There wasn't any other body contact except Bourque's elbow to Conacher's head. I just don't know how that doesn't fall under the headshot rule. I'm guessing his excuse for this will be because there wasn't an injury on the play.

If the NHL wants to get serious about player safety, they need fire this clown and anyone who helps him come up with these moronic decisions. Otherwise it will continue to be a circus with this idiot in charge.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:39 AM
  #111
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Basing the suspensions on extent of injury is pathetic. You should be punished more for intent, regardless of outcome. It starts with suspending Gryba on what I thought was a clean check. If you give that 2 games, then you MUST give Bourque at least 2, if not more. How do you expect to take out the head shots if you only discipline on injury? Shanahan is basically saying go ahead elbow his face, just not too hard. It's a joke of a system.

But yet Neal and Giroux get one game each last playoffs for same thing. So stupid.
Injuries should be taken out of consideration IMO. A dirty hit is a dirty hit regardless if the opposing player is injured or not.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:40 AM
  #112
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,369
vCash: 50
Watching the Neal hit makes me so steamed every time I see it.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:41 AM
  #113
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatown81592 View Post
That's complete *********.
Shanablow needs to go asap
thats why ive been saying it since last year that Shanny, needs to go.

he is simply NOT the right guy for this job.

and in fact it should not fall to 1 single guy to hand out and determine fines/bans.

get a small panel and lets get this stuff sorted.

that fact the direct elbow to the head is "legal play" makes shanny a complete and utter joke. not to mention makes the league look like a bunch of buffons

Flyerfan4life is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:43 AM
  #114
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I'm not sure why they didn't go with the 3 person thing that was suggested. I believe both sides presented something similar for discipline but was somehow left out of the cba
Apparently there is a panel of people who help Shanahan make the decisions but I think in the end he has the final say.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:44 AM
  #115
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,369
vCash: 50
I really thought the 3 man team (ref, player, coach) would get some traction and be adopted. Keep Shanny as the player, I don't care.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:00 PM
  #116
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,002
vCash: 500
In all fairness, Bourque was given a whole 2 minutes for elbowing. This also allowed him to stay in the game and collect a double minor (cross-checking and slashing) with 18 seconds left in the game.

Seriously, though, what a complete farce to not administer any necessary justice. It's embarrassing to the league. At bare minimum, fine the Habs organization for that crap. To turn a blind eye only encourages more of the same.

Who remembers last year, when many of the Penguins fans had a revelatory moment after their team became everything they claimed to despise in other clubs? There are a good number on the Canadiens sites going through the same soul searching, but those who actively applaud this are just . For full disclosure, I was (past tense) cheering for the Canadiens. I have a soft spot for my home-town club, except when they play the Flyers. Now, I'm hoping for a loss. I don't at all want to be a hypocrite, being a looooong-time supporter of a club that basically elevated hockey violence to a new level, but it's the fans of teams who claim to be such upstanding citizens who fall into the moral quandary when their beloved show they can goon it up as much as any other squad.

The difference is the Flyers win their instigated line brawls.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:25 PM
  #117
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Watching the Neal hit makes me so steamed every time I see it.
Same here, that guy is such trash. I can't wait until the whole Pens team gets what they deserve.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:33 PM
  #118
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Same here, that guy is such trash. I can't wait until the whole Pens team gets what they deserve.
Would that be last season when the Cup favourites were unceremoniously dumped by our own O&B in the first round?? And in which the Penguins were called out for lowbrow tactics by the wider sports media?

A small voice (of the many in my head), however, thinks that the Stanley Cup as the culmination of this lockout-shortened joke of a season would logically go to the Penguins as one more asterisked bit of glory. It would almost be a shame for a legit club like St. Louis to finally win a Cup, only to have some question its validity.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:45 PM
  #119
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,369
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Would that be last season when the Cup favourites were unceremoniously dumped by our own O&B in the first round?? And in which the Penguins were called out for lowbrow tactics by the wider sports media?

A small voice (of the many in my head), however, thinks that the Stanley Cup as the culmination of this lockout-shortened joke of a season would logically go to the Penguins as one more asterisked bit of glory. It would almost be a shame for a legit club like St. Louis to finally win a Cup, only to have some question its validity.
I see what you're saying, but it was a shortened season for all teams. The Blues wouldn't have gotten some sort of advantage.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:50 PM
  #120
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,618
vCash: 50
im hoping Bourque gets his ass handed to him in game 4.
what a joke that no discipline at all coming from that game.

GoneFullHextall is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:10 PM
  #121
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I see what you're saying, but it was a shortened season for all teams. The Blues wouldn't have gotten some sort of advantage.
I'm not saying any team got an advantage from the shortened season or schedule. Inevitably, there will be some who will see the championship as being tainted as the product of an incomplete, hybrid season.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:18 PM
  #122
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,369
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I'm not saying any team got an advantage from the shortened season or schedule. Inevitably, there will be some who will see the championship as being tainted as the product of an incomplete, hybrid season.
I know I know, I agree some morons will say that, to which I will reply, "you are a moron."

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:24 PM
  #123
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 13,925
vCash: 955
No one put an asterisk beside New Jersey's first franchise Stanley Cup in '95. No one will this year if a first time winner claims it, either.

__________________
I deride your truth handling abilities
CanadianFlyer88 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 03:17 PM
  #124
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(
 
Hell on Heels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ottawa & on the road
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,556
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Hey guys. I hope you don't mind me popping by, Flyers are my #2 team. I just wanted to share this with yall since I saw how you guys didn't really like the Habs last night either.

Mostly I want my new best friend 4 eva, Krishna, to see this:




Hell on Heels is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 03:31 PM
  #125
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
Hey guys. I hope you don't mind me popping by, Flyers are my #2 team. I just wanted to share this with yall since I saw how you guys didn't really like the Habs last night either.
pretty funny actually. i didn't get to see all of the shenanigans as i was watching while at work i also didn't see any of the interviews.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.