HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose Goaltending Thread #10

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2013, 10:42 PM
  #901
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yes, let's criticize the guy who had just put up an amazing performance and allowed a goal on a shot he couldn't have possibly seen because of the way it snuck through his teammate, yet spend two seasons absolving Bryz from all errors.
Hey man but Bryz had a 15 save shutout today against that powerhouse of a hockey nation in Latvia.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:24 AM
  #902
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm not yet buying that. Too much deja vu. Player the media dislikes gets accused of clashing with the coach by the media? Seems to be a pattern here.
From what I have seen it is not made up ...

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:25 AM
  #903
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
guess Lundqvist wasn't out far enough, or square to the shooter on the OT goal
Guess not...we know your defense of Bryz is far out there though...

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 03:21 AM
  #904
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yes, let's criticize the guy who had just put up an amazing performance and allowed a goal on a shot he couldn't have possibly seen because of the way it snuck through his teammate, yet spend two seasons absolving Bryz from all errors.
Its the same kind of goal that if Bryz (or any goalie ever in the history of the Flyers) gives up the city rails on them for, I think that was his point.

I was watching SJS vs Van, Kessler's second goal would probably get the goalie strung up in Philly by the media, and it was a terrible turnover that led to a HQSC, which Kessler drilled like a sniper.

achdumeingute is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 08:41 AM
  #905
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
guess Lundqvist wasn't out far enough, or square to the shooter on the OT goal
Lundy always plays deep in his net. He will rarely come out far to challenge shooters much. He uses his big frame and quick reflexes to make his saves.

Prongo is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 08:48 AM
  #906
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 19,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
guess Lundqvist wasn't out far enough, or square to the shooter on the OT goal
1st star in opposing rink in playoffs, never happens, but he is at fault. Obvious you are just trolling , but at least put in an effort.

bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 03:02 PM
  #907
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
You read far too much into everything. You are the antithesis of BP1974. For as much as he blindly defends him ......

incorrect. i'd rather Mason be the #1.

i don't need to / nor did i 'defend' him .... was someone 'attacking him' ??

i don't think goaltending was an issue this year, and if it was, it was last on the list.

i hope Mason does take the #1 spot, and some of the sideshow is no longer an issue

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 05:08 AM
  #908
Woolinthesea
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Anyone have a idea if we are in race acquiring Raanta?

Woolinthesea is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 06:50 AM
  #909
dawkins121
Registered User
 
dawkins121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
incorrect. i'd rather Mason be the #1.

i don't need to / nor did i 'defend' him .... was someone 'attacking him' ??

i don't think goaltending was an issue this year, and if it was, it was last on the list.

i hope Mason does take the #1 spot, and some of the sideshow is no longer an issue
If goaltending wasn't an issue than why is Mason even competing for the starter's job next season? Teams without goaltending issues don't have that job up for grabs every year.

dawkins121 is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 08:38 AM
  #910
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,928
vCash: 500
I hate to sound like a whiner but can I have at least til the end of the playoffs before we start the pro-Bryz vs anti-Bryz rants in here

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:02 AM
  #911
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,599
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I hate to sound like a whiner but can I have at least til the end of the playoffs before we start the pro-Bryz vs anti-Bryz rants in here
I can't believe there are people out there that could still be pro-Bryz. I was a pretty big supporter of his but come on. The guy has been beyond awful.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:24 AM
  #912
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I can't believe there are people out there that could still be pro-Bryz. I was a pretty big supporter of his but come on. The guy has been beyond awful.
Yeah I think everyone is disappointed with his play but some people make up a lot of excuses, while other people make every goal he allows out to be soft. It's pretty polarizing both ways lol.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:34 AM
  #913
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Yeah I think everyone is disappointed with his play but some people make up a lot of excuses, while other people make every goal he allows out to be soft. It's pretty polarizing both ways lol.
I think, not including his pay, was average at best this year. Saying he was "horrible" I feel is too hard on him. One of the things I always point out in terms of "trying" between the two goalies (as in if one tries more than the others), they don't have the same styles. I just hope for the best for both of them.

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:39 AM
  #914
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I think, not including his pay, was average at best this year. Saying he was "horrible" I feel is too hard on him. One of the things I always point out in terms of "trying" between the two goalies (as in if one tries more than the others), they don't have the same styles. I just hope for the best for both of them.
I agree with that, I don't know how people say someone isn't trying, personally. I always thought it was taught that a goalie doesn't flop around like a fish if he doesn't know where the puck is, in case he is on top of it and uncovers it by moving.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:40 AM
  #915
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!
 
Flyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,809
vCash: 500
Bryz is ducking some criticism here.

Flyotes is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:41 AM
  #916
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolinthesea View Post
Anyone have a idea if we are in race acquiring Raanta?
Didn't he sign with HIFK a couple of days ago?

Ryker is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:24 AM
  #917
CptPicard
Registered User
 
CptPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Finland
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Didn't he sign with HIFK a couple of days ago?
His agent stated that "there will be contract negotiation with the interested NHL teams after the WC" and in that case he won't be playing in HIFK next year.

So I think he is much more interested in playing in NA.

CptPicard is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:28 AM
  #918
Coffe
Registered User
 
Coffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Didn't he sign with HIFK a couple of days ago?
Sometimes an out-clause for the NHL is written into a contract, which gives the player a chance to sign with a NHL-team before a certain date.

Coffe is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:34 AM
  #919
4thline4life
The Mased God
 
4thline4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: n philly
Posts: 2,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Bryz is ducking some criticism here.
Well at least he's not ducking pucks .. oh wait he did that.

4thline4life is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:24 PM
  #920
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,599
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Yeah I think everyone is disappointed with his play but some people make up a lot of excuses, while other people make every goal he allows out to be soft. It's pretty polarizing both ways lol.
I didn't think that was still going on. Haha. I was one of the "excuse" people from the beginning, but this guy has proved to be a complete chump.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 03:13 PM
  #921
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
If goaltending wasn't an issue than why is Mason even competing for the starter's job next season?
1. has anyone other than Mason declared he's "in competition" for the #1 ??
Homer said "he's one of our goalies"

yes, we all hope he's the Rookie of the Year stud he was before, but that doesn't meant

2. perhaps playing 22 strait in a 99 day season juuuuuuust might also be a reason that we are looking towards Mason as the next savior. We'll never get the chance to see Mason play 22 straight in that short a time span, with the depleted roster [Esp on D] that we saw this year.

Bryz was great at season's start, when he was fresh. Mason looked great at season's end when HE was fresh.

I hope both start out great next year & may the better goalie play more.
I'll root equally hard for both.

i'm done discussing the scapegoat for 2013.

See you in 2013-2014

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 03:17 PM
  #922
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 46,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
1. has anyone other than Mason declared he's "in competition" for the #1 ??
Homer said "he's one of our goalies"

yes, we all hope he's the Rookie of the Year stud he was before, but that doesn't meant

2. perhaps playing 22 strait in a 99 day season juuuuuuust might also be a reason that we are looking towards Mason as the next savior. We'll never get the chance to see Mason play 22 straight in that short a time span, with the depleted roster [Esp on D] that we saw this year.

Bryz was great at season's start, when he was fresh. Mason looked great at season's end when HE was fresh.

I hope both start out great next year & may the better goalie play more.
I'll root equally hard for both.

i'm done discussing the scapegoat for 2013.

See you in 2013-2014
If being fresh is what matters so much, how come Bryz was only decent after his long break, before going back to sucking? He was fresh then.

I can't wait to see the next excuse. Will it be related to the cycle of the moon, or the theoretical decay of protons?

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 03:21 PM
  #923
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
If being fresh is what matters so much, how come Bryz was only decent after his long break, before going back to sucking? He was fresh then.

I can't wait to see the next excuse. Will it be related to the cycle of the moon, or the theoretical decay of protons?
there is no evidence for this. doesn't mean it's not true but you can't use it as an excuse for something if there's no evidence for it. just saying...

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 03:25 PM
  #924
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 46,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
there is no evidence for this. doesn't mean it's not true but you can't use it as an excuse for something if there's no evidence for it. just saying...
There's no evidence for any of the other excuses being valid, so I'd say it fits right in

Edit: I sense you'd like this, if you haven't already seen it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_far_future

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 03:26 PM
  #925
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
There's no evidence for any of the other excuses being valid, so I'd say it fits right in

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.