HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-06-2013, 10:08 AM
  #526
MyNameIsNobody*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Your defense is too small and soft.
I want Cowen from Ottawa...

Package:
Tinordi
Kristo
Diaz

You have to give up something for something...Tinordi will NEVER be as good as Cowen

MyNameIsNobody* is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:14 AM
  #527
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
What a terrible argument. Who suggested Elias?

We score mostly by committee and it's extremely frustrating not knowing who will shoulder the offensive load. The team always relies on the hot hand which changes every other week. For once I wish we had a guy like Kane, Kopitar etc etc guys you know will just show up every playoffs and give you a chance to score every time they are in the offensive zone, players the opponents respect and actually hesitate and fear what he might do with the puck.

Our top 9 is composed entirely of complimentary players who will become red-hot at any given moment, but also become ice-cold at any given moment.

Look at how much of a difference guys like Cammalleri made.
You get those guys through drafting and developing. And Galchenyuk will become one sooner than later.

A bunch of people (most notably monctonscout/Carey Price) suggested Elias for the exact same reason; to bring a "good offensive player" to the team.

Our biggest problem right now is the D, and it's not even close. Our blueline is too easy to cross. We need more aggressive d-men who will make it painful to cross our own blueline.

Son Oncle Jerry is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:15 AM
  #528
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
I want Cowen from Ottawa...

Package:
Tinordi
Kristo
Diaz

You have to give up something for something...Tinordi will NEVER be as good as Cowen
What about we keep those three and they keep Cowen?

Son Oncle Jerry is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:19 AM
  #529
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 10,825
vCash: 500
The identity will take YEARS to fix. At least 3-4 years. There is nothing in free agency. We'll have to draft and develop the big, gritty players or trade for them. This is not fixable quickly...which is why I was mad about the DD signing. We were on our way and took a step back with that stupid signing.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:27 AM
  #530
Andy
Moderator
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
You get those guys through drafting and developing. And Galchenyuk will become one sooner than later.

A bunch of people (most notably monctonscout/Carey Price) suggested Elias for the exact same reason; to bring a "good offensive player" to the team.

Our biggest problem right now is the D, and it's not even close. Our blueline is too easy to cross. We need more aggressive d-men who will make it painful to cross our own blueline.
I'm not too worried about the D with Tinordi developing well and Emelin returning eventually (adding them along with Subban gives the habs a very good mix on the back-end between physicality and skill), especially with Beaulieu and Ellis not far away. There is no reason to clog up the defense and prevent upward mobility of these younger players. If defenders are acquired, it shouldn't be for more than a stop gap.

The lack of real offensive talent on this roster is very evident. Our powerplay was carried by production off the back-end more so than the forwards downlow. Pacioretty has looked awful for quite sometime which doesn't help. A Cammalleri could have made a world of difference in game 1 when the habs had the 5 on 3, but had no forward to cash in. Bourque fanned on a glorious chance on a cross-ice pass from Markov. I'm tired of having a forward group that requires 10-12 chances before they pot one goal. I don't even remember the last time we had a dangerous forward who needed 1-2 chances to pot in a goal.

Andy is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:31 AM
  #531
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
I want Cowen from Ottawa...

Package:
Tinordi
Kristo
Diaz

You have to give up something for something...Tinordi will NEVER be as good as Cowen
I think we should add Gallagher just in case

ClasslessGuy is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:32 AM
  #532
dkdaniel
GO HABS GO
 
dkdaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,085
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dkdaniel
Gotta draft/trade for bigger players who can play and defend our skilled players.
Trade DD, Gio, Ryder and Diaz.

dkdaniel is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:33 AM
  #533
1993
Registered User
 
1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I'm not too worried about the D with Tinordi developing well and Emelin returning eventually (adding them along with Subban gives the habs a very good mix on the back-end between physicality and skill), especially with Beaulieu and Ellis not far away. There is no reason to clog up the defense and prevent upward mobility of these younger players. If defenders are acquired, it shouldn't be for more than a stop gap.

The lack of real offensive talent on this roster is very evident. Our powerplay was carried by production off the back-end more so than the forwards downlow. Pacioretty has looked awful for quite sometime which doesn't help. A Cammalleri could have made a world of difference in game 1 when the habs had the 5 on 3, but had no forward to cash in. Bourque fanned on a glorious chance on a cross-ice pass from Markov. I'm tired of having a forward group that requires 10-12 chances before they pot one goal. I don't even remember the last time we had a dangerous forward who needed 1-2 chances to pot in a goal.
How about Price, Moen, Pateryn to Edm for Yakupov, 1st & Dubnyk. Then we send DD to Vanc for Lou. Trade Dubnyk and Gionta to NJ for Matteau +

1993 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:36 AM
  #534
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
How about Price, Moen, Pateryn to Edm for Yakupov, 1st & Dubnyk. Then we send DD to Vanc for Lou. Trade Dubnyk and Gionta to NJ for Matteau +
DD for Luongo? and vancouver would do that?

Gionta for Matteau + ???

Moen pateryn are not worth a penny.

ClasslessGuy is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:36 AM
  #535
dkdaniel
GO HABS GO
 
dkdaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,085
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dkdaniel
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
How about Price, Moen, Pateryn to Edm for Yakupov, 1st & Dubnyk. Then we send DD to Vanc for Lou. Trade Dubnyk and Gionta to NJ for Matteau +
Although Price is probably my favorite Hab, I'd buy these trades.

dkdaniel is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:44 AM
  #536
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 4,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
How about Price, Moen, Pateryn to Edm for Yakupov, 1st & Dubnyk. Then we send DD to Vanc for Lou. Trade Dubnyk and Gionta to NJ for Matteau +
I love these NHL13 trades, just awesome

In the 80s my friends and I would make trades like - let's trade Kordic and Courtnall to the Oilers for Messier, yeah! that's the ticket!

windycity is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:48 AM
  #537
1993
Registered User
 
1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
DD for Luongo? and vancouver would do that?

Gionta for Matteau + ???

Moen pateryn are not worth a penny.
Vanc would be happy to get rid of Lou's contract. They have to take back a bad contract, hence, DD.

Dubnyk & Gionta for Matteau as they will need a Brodeur replacement.

1993 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:52 AM
  #538
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 4,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
Vanc would be happy to get rid of Lou's contract. They have to take back a bad contract, hence, DD.

Dubnyk & Gionta for Matteau as they will need a Brodeur replacement.
you're not really comparing DD's bad contract to Lou's bad contract are you?

Why the hell would we want to be saddled with Lou's bad deal? Not to mention that he's no upgrade on Price.

windycity is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:05 AM
  #539
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
If we want a game breaking forward:

Vanek
Drouin (Or other 2013 Draftee)
Yakupov/Eberle
.....
Haven't heard of anyone else being potentially available.

Draft is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:12 AM
  #540
1993
Registered User
 
1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
you're not really comparing DD's bad contract to Lou's bad contract are you?

Why the hell would we want to be saddled with Lou's bad deal? Not to mention that he's no upgrade on Price.
Lou is as good as Price. If we could actually get a good package for Price it may be worth it. I would not do it unless it was something like Yakupov and a 1st.

1993 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:14 AM
  #541
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
How about Price, Moen, Pateryn to Edm for Yakupov, 1st & Dubnyk. Then we send DD to Vanc for Lou. Trade Dubnyk and Gionta to NJ for Matteau +
That's quite the fantasy you have going there.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:19 AM
  #542
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 35,460
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
I want Cowen from Ottawa...

Package:
Tinordi
Kristo
Diaz

You have to give up something for something...Tinordi will NEVER be as good as Cowen
How do you know Tinordi will never be as good? And also if that's the case why would Ottawa make the deal?

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:20 AM
  #543
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Guys to target, IMO (either through trade or FA):

Patrick Bordeleau
Ryan Malone (should he be bought out)
Mark Stuart
David Clarkson (extreme longshot)
Tom Sestito

gusfring is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:21 AM
  #544
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
How do you know Tinordi will never be as good? And also if that's the case why would Ottawa make the deal?
Cowen is better than Tinordi and there is no way OTT makes that trade. No need to.

Kristo is an average prospect and Diaz is a 5th or 6th D in this league.

gusfring is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:22 AM
  #545
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 4,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
Lou is as good as Price. If we could actually get a good package for Price it may be worth it. I would not do it unless it was something like Yakupov and a 1st.
Lou may be as good as Price but he's not an upgrade. And in what fantasy world do the Oilers trade Yakupov and a 1st for Price, when they have Dubnyk? The Oilers problem is that their D still sucks (generally), they're young/inexperienced, and they need some more grit up front.

windycity is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:25 AM
  #546
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,411
vCash: 500
Price isn't good enough to carry Luongo's bag to the bus. Let's get real people.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:27 AM
  #547
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Guys to target, IMO (either through trade or FA):

Patrick Bordeleau - sucks and can't play hockey
Ryan Malone (should he be bought out) - Too old and past his prime. Isn't a threat and always injured)
Mark Stuart - I like this
David Clarkson (extreme longshot) - Will be waay over paid and get too much term
Tom Sestito Not really a game changer and a bit of a lose cannon
Outside of Stuart, there's not much there will really help the Habs next year. Need team tough but not goons who can't play.

shutehinside is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:30 AM
  #548
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 4,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Price isn't good enough to carry Luongo's bag to the bus. Let's get real people.
right. 3 years ago maybe . . . maybe

never been a big Luongo fan, he's way overrated

windycity is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:50 AM
  #549
Marc-E-
Registered User
 
Marc-E-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Those are realistic targets that shouldn't break the bank.
And improve with youngsters. Maybe some surprises could happen. Guys like Dumont, Hudon or Kristo could make the team at the next camp.

Marc-E- is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:51 AM
  #550
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 35,460
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
And improve with youngsters. Maybe some surprises could happen. Guys like Dumont, Hudon or Kristo could make the team at the next camp.
Dumont should definitely crack the lineup as of next year and we shouldn't bring Armstrong back

Hudon I think he needs a year or even 2 in Hamilton and Kristo at least to start the year with the Dogs, maybe as a call up and see what he can bring

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.