HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

We lost, let's talk about it

Old
05-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Stef*

vCash: 500
The problem is not maclean, the rougher plays of the series or else
The problem is the absence of max pac ,david D , plecanec

Stef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:53 AM
TeamRenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
And it all started with that ****ing POS Gryba on Eller. Right there, I thought to myself "**** these playoff series". Anyways I've got much on my mind about the Habs, but I'll refrain from saying ****.
No dude, it started with PK's hit on Neil and then his attempt on Pageau. That was the catalyst that set everything off.

The fact that there are no suspensions after last nights game is fuel on the fire.

TeamRenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef View Post
The problem is not maclean, the rougher plays of the series or else
The problem is the absence of max pac ,david D , plecanec
Plek hasnt been half as bad a the other two.
At least he's 2nd in the league in face off %.

Madevilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Stef*

Habs need more offense from ryder too

Stef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:59 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

I got a question not really related to this thread. When did giving Prust embellishment 2min became a thing? Honestly I don't think any of these calls this year were justified.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 2615
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseOllini View Post
I got a question not really related to this thread. When did giving Prust embellishment 2min became a thing? Honestly I don't think any of these calls this year were justified.
Yeah it's like it has become some kind of inside joke amongst the refs that prust gets a half dozen of these while barely anyone else does even though there is multiple incidents every game.

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:09 PM
sansabri
typical poster.

don't worry. if the Habs win game 4, those same Sens fans will get very quiet and sneak back into their crawl space.

i'm still pissed at that stupid phantom tripping call on Bourque. that PP could have tied the game and the outcome would have been completely different.

anyway, this game has reminded me why i almost lost interest in hockey 2 years ago.

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:13 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
It is, but why can't we even answer them? They're all over us, saying whatever they want and calling us whatever they want. Yet you call em cocky and you get an infraction. This is ridiculous.
Here's a suggestion to all Hab posters. Completely ignore all boards but this one. Don't give the sight extra hits to make them money if they are going to allow prejudice against Hab posters. In fact LL may have it right, it might be time to find a new message board the general boards are jokes as are the moderators over there. I have gotten infractions in the past when you go to defend the team after other teams fan bases post crap and never get in trouble for it.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:26 PM
76ftw

vCash: 50
Am I crazy in thinking Subban has been better then KArlsson this series? Subban has been dominant where as KArlsson has been meh.

76ftw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:26 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
Other then the 2010 run, I can't remember a time where we didn't
Yeah, it's pretty much always like this, but yesterday, all the haters god fed so much.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:28 PM
76ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseOllini View Post
Yeah, it's pretty much always like this, but yesterday, all the haters god fed so much.
Let them have their day, we had 24 days in the past

This is like winning a cup to the haters

Screams from the haters got a nice ring to it guess every super hero gon need his theme music

Habs in 6.

76ftw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
Last night was either a game that we can't come back from or completely turns the team around for the rest of the playoffs. We'll see how they respond tomorrow, but maybe this is losing to Toronto 6-0 v2.

05-06-2013, 12:30 PM
sansabri
typical poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
Am I crazy in thinking Subban has been better then KArlsson this series? Subban has been dominant where as KArlsson has been meh.
no. but since Karlsson has some points, people are going to point that out and ignore how Subban has been all over the ice making great things happen.

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Refs can be blamed entirely for what happened between whistles. They let Ottawa get away with everything in the first two periods(starting with the crosscheck from Condra to Subbans face to start the game) and the Habs snapped. Gave Subban a penalty for being punched in the face. You'll have a very hard time convincing me refs are not racist in the NHL. Subban was targeted in the first with terrible calls(and has been targeted nearly every game since he came in the league). They cancelled all of our PPs in the first two periods with awful calls except for the one where we scored within 5 seconds.

We have four times as many minor penalties as the team with the least in the playoffs. Ottawa are third most. Refs need to swallow the whistles, they've absolutely ruined this series. Despite our series having the most calls(by a longshot) we aren't even top 5 in PP opportunities. They only seem to "take one" out of scrums when it's a Hab, always two if a Sen is going off. We don't have the team to get into these fights when the refs aren't going to call anything against the opposition. The worst part is when we tried to push back in the first few periods they called absolutely everything we did even when we were by far the more disciplined team. We would have won this game if the entire game was played at ES.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:40 PM
TUCKER 06

I haven't posted here yet, but have to say I was disgusted with the effort level put in last night and the crap that happened in the third. I, for one, am not a supporter of fighting in hockey and believe that the NHL should look to the IIHF for guidelines in how to run their game.

Points of observation:

1) DD is getting roasted everywhere I look, and probably with good cause. He just hasn't been the usual spark-plug that he normally is and that makes me think that he's injured or something. Who knows...

2) The reffing last night was a complete joke. I know that it is no excuse, but the calls seemed to be incredibly lop-sided. How did that cross check on Subban's head get overlooked?! Regardless, the habs have got to stay out of the penalty box. a 5-on-3? Are you kidding me guys?!

3) Markov has me at a very high sphincter-pucker factor every time he's on the ice. It seems like he is almost always a liability.

4) Injuries are mounting and it is starting to show.

5) Subban needs to chill out and just play HIS game, not Neil's. I don't agree with what PJ Stock or "Heals" has to say about him, but I didn't really like the public lashing it looked like he was giving patches from the bench.

TUCKER 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:40 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Refs can be blamed entirely for what happened between whistles. They let Ottawa get away with everything in the first two periods(starting with the crosscheck from Condra to Subbans face to start the game) and the Habs snapped. Gave Subban a penalty for being punched in the face. You'll have a very hard time convincing me refs are not racist in the NHL.
I'm sure someone will mod you ( it wont be me) but the last thing you wrote, that's gotta stop. its not racist, subban plays a way where he gives it as much as he receives. Every blown call or lack of a suspension ( hello bourque) is not some grand conspiracy fueled by racism or language. a lot of the game is subjective, that's the way it is.

I'm a habs fan and as far as suspensions, the fact that gryba got one for what I though was a hockey play gone bad ( and I acknowledge that others do have different opinions) and bourque gets to skate from a pretty obvious elbow, the last thing I'd be doing is invoking some ulterior motive for calls or suspensions.

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:41 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Just made this GIF. Cheer up guys!

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:43 PM
TUCKER 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Refs can be blamed entirely for what happened between whistles. They let Ottawa get away with everything in the first two periods(starting with the crosscheck from Condra to Subbans face to start the game) and the Habs snapped. Gave Subban a penalty for being punched in the face. You'll have a very hard time convincing me refs are not racist in the NHL. Subban was targeted in the first with terrible calls(and has been targeted nearly every game since he came in the league). They cancelled all of our PPs in the first two periods with awful calls except for the one where we scored within 5 seconds.

We have four times as many minor penalties as the team with the least in the playoffs. Ottawa are third most. Refs need to swallow the whistles, they've absolutely ruined this series. Despite our series having the most calls(by a longshot) we aren't even top 5 in PP opportunities. They only seem to "take one" out of scrums when it's a Hab, always two if a Sen is going off. We don't have the team to get into these fights when the refs aren't going to call anything against the opposition. The worst part is when we tried to push back in the first few periods they called absolutely everything we did even when we were by far the more disciplined team. We would have won this game if the entire game was played at ES.
I don't like complaining about Reffing, but I have to agree with everything (minus the racism bit) in your post. It seems like they were letting all of the Sen's physical play go, but as soon as the Habs tried to get things going they were whistled for it.

What the hell was with that tripping call on bourque anyway?!

TUCKER 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:47 PM
sandysan

yes surprisingly partisan fans are going to become more partisan when one team gets whooped in the playoffs ( when the games count). Color me unsurprised.

Old
05-06-2013, 12:54 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCKER 06 View Post
What the hell was with that tripping call on bourque anyway?!
a complete joke of a call

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:02 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Just made this GIF. Cheer up guys!

Oh great, now someone from the main boards will get this GIF and show how classless Subban is for punching Gally while he's down

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:07 PM
HeShootsHeScores

And I gotta say I was not pleased at all with Subban trying a big hit at the start of the game. It was totally uncalled for. When you're the away team, you have to be more in control than this. He was trying way too hard. Hope he'll fix this for next game.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Plus, with Gryba coming back tomorrow night... expect another gong show.
I would be surprised if it does. If the league has any intelligent people working for it, they'd ask the refs to put a lid on it by calling everything on Game 4 and eject players on any roughing behaviors. It got ugly because the refs have been a big fail so far in this series. When Eller got injured, the refs should have made sure that they had a close eye on any questionable acts and call everything but instead, the refereeing had been arguably uneven if not virtually one-sided. That put fuel on the fire. Refs fail, again; not the first time, nor will it be the last. (Or maybe it was intentional because, hey that sells hockey.)

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:18 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
And I gotta say I was not pleased at all with Subban trying a big hit at the start of the game. It was totally uncalled for. When you're the away team, you have to be more in control than this. He was trying way too hard. Hope he'll fix this for next game.
i have zero problem with a team trying to establish itself at the very first opportunity on the road.

not every attempt of a big hit is going to work out, take the bad with the good. if this was emelin, people would be cheering.

I think it is totally called for that a team with the reputation of being soft or smurfs does what it can to change that perception asap. if subban connects without having to go through a stick first, who knows what happens ?

Old
05-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

If this year is the year of the quick exit, may as well have Beaulieu or Leblanc back into play rather than DD.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote