HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[VID] Have Another Donut

Old
05-06-2013, 02:11 PM
M A K A V E L I*

vCash: 500
[VID] Have Another Donut

M A K A V E L I* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Jumbo Joe!

vCash: 814
Excellent work MAK.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Grumbler

Kesler, Burrows... can't really blame the refs that much they build that reputation themselves.

Grumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:22 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumbler View Post
Kesler, Burrows... can't really blame the refs that much they build that reputation themselves.
What does there reputation have to do with the rest of the calls?

Making reputation calls and not calling the rule book consistency both ways is a problem. We've seen it for far too long.

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Grumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
What does there reputation have to do with the rest of the calls?

Making reputation calls and not calling the rule book consistency both ways is a problem. We've seen it for far too long.
Go tell that to the NHL, in any case that is what their doing. Their calling games with the Canucks reputation in mind not just Burrows and Kesler, there are other guys too.

But yea I agree with you the refs are a joke this series and I am pissed too.

Last edited by Grumbler: 05-06-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Grumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:28 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

Don't know if it's only me, but don't you wish our coach showed more fire with some of those calls?

CRDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Alan Jackson

Unfortunately, until the Canucks get rid of Kesler, Burrows and Lapierre that kind of stuff is going to happen.

I don't even know if the officials are doing it consciously, but the Canucks have earned a reputation, and I think there's only one way to fix it.

The team needs to make some significant changes to it's culture - starting with the coach, and then replacing the players mentioned above.

We can complain about the officials all we want, but it's pretty clear what's happening.

Alan Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:29 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDragon View Post
Don't know if its only me, but don't you wish our coach showed more fire with some of those calls?
He would have just gotten another bench minor, only Quenville is allowed to call out the officials and upstage them by ranting and raving on his bench.

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:31 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
He would have just gotten another bench minor, only Quenville is allowed to call out the officials and upstage them by ranting and raving on his bench.
I could care less if we were going to lose anyways...I'd just give it to them.

In fact, AV should have done what Roger did....maybe we'll actually have a chance at coming back from 3-0 deficit with AV suspended.

CRDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Reign Nateo

Definitely do not have refs on our side, but have to agree that a lot of it is self-inflicted. I just can't another explanation.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Vajakki

There's just no logical explanation for these calls. Yesterday's game was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen, it was like the teams had literally different set of rules. That Lapierre "crosscheck" that was more of a shove than anything gets a minor and Kesler gets drilled with legitimate crosscheck and SJ gets nothing? Hamhuis gets minor from slashing and Hannan has identical play except after the whistle against Kesler and nothing? Not to even mention the scrums or those closing hand on the puck non-calls that cost the Canucks a penalty shot and a 5 on 3 in addition to one penalty in previous game against Hank when he didn't even touch the puck with his hand.

Nothing but a disgrace, but at least they are consistent with it. From Shanahan to the on ice officials, one big joke.

Vajakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 03:00 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 50
Worst season of reffing I have ever seen since becoming a fan, this series has been no exception.

Absolutely pathetic showing all around.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Definitely do not have refs on our side, but have to agree that a lot of it is self-inflicted. I just can't another explanation.
Canucks don't dive or whine anymore than any other team. I have not seen Kesler or Burrows engage in any more antics over the course of their career than the Sharks players have in the two recent series we've played them.

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Vankiller Whale
Spread the love

vCash: 1212
The reffing was pretty bad, but it wasn't the reason we lost.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 03:09 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
I'm not going to make the argument that the officials are why we are down 3-0, but this has been the most poorly officiated series of all the ones I've been watching. Remember when officials actually had a feel for the game?

16-6 is the PP advantage for the Sharks this series. If the Sharks were dominating possession and carrying the play 5 on 5 that would make sense. However, everyone mostly agrees that with the exception of the 3rd period of game 3, the teams are pretty even 5 on 5. So what gives? It makes it that much harder when a team is given an advantage like that.

What annoys me are the butter soft roughing penalties. A hook? A hold? No problem, but it's the playoffs and we have refs giving penalties to Garrison, Kassian and Weise for next to nothing.

Anyways, it's too late now for the reffing to balance out, damage has been done.

Last edited by mrmyheadhurts: 05-06-2013 at 03:18 PM.
mrmyheadhurts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 03:10 PM
freakydave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jackson View Post
Unfortunately, until the Canucks get rid of Kesler, Burrows and Lapierre that kind of stuff is going to happen.

I don't even know if the officials are doing it consciously, but the Canucks have earned a reputation, and I think there's only one way to fix it.
The team needs to make some significant changes to it's culture - starting with the coach, and then replacing the players mentioned above.

We can complain about the officials all we want, but it's pretty clear what's happening.
Sorry but that's just an excuse --these officials are supposed to be pro's but they are just hacks & it is ruining a good sport.

freakydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 03:11 PM
dc

Refs have been inconsistent, which generally means awful. Some of the calls, then the non-calls that follow on similar plays, are an embarrassment to the sport.

dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 03:17 PM
freakydave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Canucks don't dive or whine anymore than any other team. I have not seen Kesler or Burrows engage in any more antics over the course of their career than the Sharks players have in the two recent series we've played them.
The whole attitude that the Canucks have brought this on themselves is a joke.
The refs are supposed to be unbiased pro's who administer the rules consistently. That has not been the case in this series much to the detriment of the sport itself.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:17 PM
VeteranNetPresence
Disco Super Fly.

both teams are getting away with stuff, and both teams are getting called on stuff that their fan-bases think is cheap. whining about the refs is lazy, but not surprising since it seems to occur every year when the playoffs come around

VeteranNetPresence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Alan Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
Sorry but that's just an excuse --these officials are supposed to be pro's but they are just hacks & it is ruining a good sport.
I don't disagree, but what are you going to do? It is what it is. At some point, it has to be addressed.

Alan Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 03:21 PM
vancityluongo

The one consistent in that video was Couture. Flopping ****ing everywhere.

If there's one player the Canucks need to actually finish their checks on, it's him. That Bieksa penalty was just awful. If Couture is gonna react like that anyways, might as well crush him in the process rather than a light bump.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 03:25 PM
donutz0r

Wow. I had the Sharks broadcast and they ignored almost all of these. Absolutely pathetic.

donutz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Orca Smash

I almost wish this could somehow get sent to league office to look at, around here its just more whiney canuck fans even when the proof is in the video.

And to me I dont think is an excuse video, I do believe sharks have been the better team and have outplayed us and this is not a sob story, but a story about reffing that has been inexcusably awful, and its likely going to end up costing other teams to.

Orca Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 03:30 PM
freakydave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresence View Post
both teams are getting away with stuff, and both teams are getting called on stuff that their fan-bases think is cheap. whining about the refs is lazy, but not surprising since it seems to occur every year when the playoffs come around
This is BS- the officiating is bad--it undermines the integrity of the game. That's the problem.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Squall

Are they inconsistent? Yes. Is it by accident? Absolutely not.

It's playoff hockey and everyone says how officials are going to put away the whistle.What they didn't tell you is that the whistle only disappears for one team.

There is no way to accept that the refs are doing their job properly. This isn't just one call being unfair. The entire mindset from the refs are unfair and this is proof of it. The officials are purposefully taking every chance to put the Canucks in the box. That is until you've given 8-10 penalties or if the Sharks are winning by a large margin. Until then, you can't having a small scrum without a penalty that somehow leads to only one team going to the box and yes, it would be the Canucks. Why are they doing this? you tell me.

Squall is offline   Reply With Quote