HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 15.0 - Not The "Jinxed Undefeated Season" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2013, 01:50 AM
Rumcajs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
I might be reading too much into this but I like that he still watches the Impact's game from Europe. Sounds like this could be a temporary loan and that he would like to come back.
Probably does but I wouldnt doubt that he isnt enjoying his time in Norway. Not everyday someone can live in Europe for months on end. Expensive country but im sure hes having a great time.

Old
05-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLTH View Post
The second goal was Cronin, the first one I dont know.
No more Iapichino please, for a while bc everytime he has the ball my heart is racing
Wenger was unlucky today but didnt have a terrible game (As people recall) and geez Brovsky improved a lot from last year. Problem was the midfield.
I starting to wonder if di santis didnt get Iapichino just because he is young good looking felipe's recommandation... but damn it. He sucks. Lol what are his qualities? I have failed to see any so far.. i dont see anything over our academy players... and is coming from the famous suisse organisation....?

Old
05-05-2013, 09:12 AM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
I starting to wonder if di santis didnt get Iapichino just because he is young good looking felipe's recommandation... but damn it. He sucks. Lol what are his qualities? I have failed to see any so far.. i dont see anything over our academy players... and is coming from the famous suisse organisation....?
I think its more because of Iapi's agent. He seems to have A LOT of Contacts (He is the one that gave a shortlist of candidates to interview for NDS and Saputo, including Schalli)

Old
05-05-2013, 10:43 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

We need Valentin back.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:56 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
We need Valentin back.
We should have kept him and ship Iapichino away. Tissot is already better than Iapichino offensively and he will improve defensively. We don't have a viable back up on the right side. Brovsky can't play all the games...

Old
05-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumcajs View Post
Probably does but I wouldnt doubt that he isnt enjoying his time in Norway. Not everyday someone can live in Europe for months on end. Expensive country but im sure hes having a great time.
Of course. I never suggested he is unhappy there. I would love to spend some time in Norway myself
I just meant that I'm glad he still takes interest in what happens with the Impact, it's not a thing of the past for him.

Old
05-05-2013, 06:09 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
We should have kept him and ship Iapichino away. Tissot is already better than Iapichino offensively and he will improve defensively. We don't have a viable back up on the right side. Brovsky can't play all the games...
I agree, I don't see why we dropped him to begin with.

Old
05-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Maxpac

Fransesco Totti wants to play in the MLS. Um, Hello???

Old
05-06-2013, 10:02 AM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Fransesco Totti wants to play in the MLS. Um, Hello???
Salary cap says Hello to you too! We barely were able to fit in Paponi, can't see how Totti fits in unless we trade lots of players for lots of allocation money.

Old
05-06-2013, 11:14 AM
MontrealYul

The salary cap is ridiculously low..

Old
05-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Salary cap says Hello to you too! We barely were able to fit in Paponi, can't see how Totti fits in unless we trade lots of players for lots of allocation money.
If Fransesco Totti wants to play here, you do what's necessary, period. He would completely change our team, a real #10 who would set up like no other in MLS.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:22 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Simple, bye bye Iapichino. That frees up 100k+ and an international spot. And don't forget you can ask the league for allocation money. To bring a guy like Totti to the league, they would surely oblige.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Captain Saku

Maxpac and Jordan are spot on. If Totti wants to play in MLS and it's in MTL that he wants to play then from one hand the Impact would make the cessary roster moves to accommodate and on the other hand the MLS would make the necessary monetary moves to acquire him. The impact would not only be ready to get rid of Iapichino but they would also pack Felipe with him back to the swiss land.

Where did you hear that btw?

Last edited by Captain Saku: 05-06-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old
05-06-2013, 01:58 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

He read it there: http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans...uture-psg-move

Totti is only saying that if he doesn't finish his career at Roma, he would like to come to the MLS. He also says that he wouldn't move to another Serie A club out of respect for Roma. So I would take it with a MAJOR grain of salt although I'd LOVE to have him in MTL. He is under contract until the Summer of 2014, so I don't think he would move THIS summer. Next year, he'll be 37. Pirlo and Totti to replace Di Vaio and Nesta?

Old
05-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

According to a Italian paper it's an American team

Italian daily Tuttosport has learned that Roma captain Francesco Totti has an offer to continue his career in the MLS.

An unnamed club from the United States are keen to recruit the former Italy international in the summer transfer window as they hope a big money offer would prize the veteran forward away from Stadio Olimpico.

Francesco Totti would be a real magnet for the fans across the United States, and would assume the role of now PSG midfielder David Beckham.

The 36-year-old has just over a year left on his deal at Stadio Olimpico, but he is currently negotiating a contract extension with the Giallorossi.

Totti is enjoying one of his best seasons in the last few years, having scored 11 goals and produced 10 assists in 27 Serie A matches this term.

Having resisted temptation to leave the Giallorossi for so long, he is highly unlikely to bail out on his boyhood club in the closing stage of his career.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
According to a Italian paper it's an American team

Italian daily Tuttosport has learned that Roma captain Francesco Totti has an offer to continue his career in the MLS.

An unnamed club from the United States are keen to recruit the former Italy international in the summer transfer window as they hope a big money offer would prize the veteran forward away from Stadio Olimpico.

Francesco Totti would be a real magnet for the fans across the United States, and would assume the role of now PSG midfielder David Beckham.

The 36-year-old has just over a year left on his deal at Stadio Olimpico, but he is currently negotiating a contract extension with the Giallorossi.

Totti is enjoying one of his best seasons in the last few years, having scored 11 goals and produced 10 assists in 27 Serie A matches this term.

Having resisted temptation to leave the Giallorossi for so long, he is highly unlikely to bail out on his boyhood club in the closing stage of his career.
it's entirely possible that by United States they just meant an MLS team.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:08 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Well, who besides us, NYRB and Galaxy have the money to lure Totti? If it isn't us, it is NYRB or Galaxy.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
it's entirely possible that by United States they just meant an MLS team.
Very possible as us Italians America means North America in general

Old
05-06-2013, 03:45 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Just to clarify, you can't just "ask" MLS for allocation money. At the start of every year the MLS gives "x" amount of allocation $$ to each team who use it as they want (Lower cap, trade bait, etc). Asides that, the only way to "gain" allocation money is by qualifying for the Champions League. In that case the MLS gives something in between 200-500k (read it somewhere, don't remember how much exactly)

MLS salaries came out today. Felipe at 150k is what he deserved last year, not this year. Paponi is at 75k and Pisanu at 100k. Rodriguez & Romero both around the 45k mark, which is a bargain in Romero's case, hopefully same for Maxi.

Iapichino at 110k minimum (supposing there's no allocation money on his salary to lower the cap hit) is mind boggling.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Captain Saku

Romero is with us on loan right? His former team could be paying a portion of his salary. Same with Paponi.

When is the CBA expiring? There needs to be major reform. Some rules are just plain stupid and the salary cap is just awfully low.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:53 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Salary cap of like 7 million USD + 3 DP rule would be perfect to be able to give top end salaries to non DP players (See Ferrari, lots of European experience, but not DP worth)

DPs at 750k cap hit give you like 5 million USD for the squad. That gives you some solid salary power to attract players and compete with Europe's salary chart

Old
05-06-2013, 04:26 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

http://tvasports.ca/soccer/impact/la...joueur-6052013

Nyassi is making 140k, ouch!

Old
05-06-2013, 04:43 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
MDV 900k in bonuses, my god if that doesn't motivate him to perform, no clue what will

Old
05-06-2013, 04:52 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I would love to get Totti.

Won't happen, I agree the cap needs to go up.

Make it 4M, and exclude the first 2 DP off the cap, 3rd on it at say 500K ? And maybe have 3 academy players be counted off the cap till they hit 23.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Rumcajs

if we trade Nyassi we would get this going. I wonder if he would be playing for money or just for kicks like Nesta. Im sure hes loaded by now.

Closed Thread