HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Washington Capitals at New York Rangers-7:30 P.M.

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
We have to be watching two very different series.

Holtby is barely tested in game 2. The score may show that the game was close, but the actual game showed me other wise.

The Rangers have been barely able to generate anything consistent in the form of offensive pressure while the Caps keep us pinned for minutes at a time.

Had the Rangers had Holtby instead of Lundqvist, the Caps with both games by blow-outs.

The Rangers have not played well defensively. Lundqvist has been, aside form ONE bad goal, the only reason the Rangers weren't blown out of either game.

It's nice being a fan. I get it.

At some point you have to be realistic about what is actually happening on the ice. Something I think you are refusing to do right now.
Can you have a discussion without being condescending? I'm not here to stroke my e-peen, if that's your prerogative so be it.

We disagree, I'm ok with that, when someone's rebuttal is "what games have you been watching", or "we must not be watching the same games" as if they are trying to show their superiority I quickly stop reading.

You like to focus on the negative. I get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
I think our defense has been very overrated, and has been less than stellar up to this point. Guys lose their man when the Caps are transitioning up the ice far too often. We allow the Caps to make cross-crease passes way too easily and Hank has to go post to post 10X per game.

Next, I can't stand the collapsing defensive system. No pressure, not at ES or PK. We let the Caps do whatever they want up high and tee up perfect shots to each other. Remember that PK in game 2 where Backstrom and Green were passing the puck nonchalantly back and forth to each other in the high slot because they knew that the Rangers were sitting back and not pressuring them? If that continues again, be prepared for another shooting gallery by the Capitals today while the Rangers spend 45 second shifts in their end zone.
Those are some decent examples but they've been the exception not the norm, we have been pretty damn effective keeping Backstrom and Ribiero from making cross ice passes in our zone, they tried it over and over in game one to no avail.

For every bad play I can name a couple solid plays defensively. You're going to see what you want to see, which around here lately, actually all season has been nothing but how bad we are for the most part.

There are things we can build off, positives we can build off that give me a sliver of hope. Will we? Who knows but thats what makes this gut check time for this team. We'll find out if this team has been underachieving if they're really this bad. My gut says they're better than we've seen, my eyes tell me otherwise.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:19 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowes Line View Post
Say wha?
Staal in, Eminger out?

McD - G
Staal - MDZ
Moore - Stralman

?

Old
05-06-2013, 01:20 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:

Holtby is barely tested in game 2. The score may show that the game was close, but the actual game showed me other wise.

The Rangers have been barely able to generate anything consistent in the form of offensive pressure while the Caps keep us pinned for minutes at a time.

Had the Rangers had Holtby instead of Lundqvist, the Caps with both games by blow-outs.

The Rangers have not played well defensively. Lundqvist has been, aside form ONE bad goal, the only reason the Rangers weren't blown out of either game.

It's nice being a fan. I get it.

At some point you have to be realistic about what is actually happening on the ice. Something I think you are refusing to do right now.
For a defensive team, we don't play defense very well. We give up far too many massive chances and guys are left open way too much.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelundefaret View Post
Think someone on the board in one of the last games before the play offs had a very bad day at McDonald's or something, and got ketchup all over his player signed jersey? That kinda ketchup you are thinking of maybe. You go to McDonalds, put the little white cup on the table, jerk the handle on the biggest ketchup dispenser in the world and it hits everything but the cup? I am more optimistic though.
These metaphors all make sense as I personally hate ketchup just like I hate this maddening hockey team.

They should be like mustard which implies that they put some muscle in their work. Instead they're like that purple colored EZ Squirtz crap that kids love. Just awful.

05-06-2013, 01:22 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Brassard and Kreider are the next Gabby's if Tortorella stays as coach. He doesn't like them, and in the case of Brassard results be damned. Otherwise, how is Richards getting 20-plus minutes of puck fumbling and passes into teammates' feet?
Where is this coming from?

Old
05-06-2013, 01:23 PM
schabadoo

Quote:

Holtby is barely tested in game 2.
He stared blankly as several shots passed him and clanged back after hitting the crossbar or post. Either one would've been enough.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:28 PM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

If Staal returns it actually gives me some hope of them turning this series around.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Good luck guys.

Last years series made me a Rangers fan, so go out and kill the Caps.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by schabadoo View Post
He stared blankly as several shots passed him and clanged back after hitting the crossbar or post. Either one would've been enough.
Funny you mention that, I was going to say something similar but the glass empty crowd tends to disagree that you can't use hitting posts as a positive. Which is funny because I can't even count the number of times I've seen people around here say "the opposition hit X amount of posts, had the posts not been there we would have lost so bad." Hypocrisy is a funny thing.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:32 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classless Manked View Post
Good luck guys.

Last years series made me a Rangers fan, so go out and kill the Caps.
Assuming you're a Sens fan, hope they continue their embarrassment of the Habs

Old
05-06-2013, 01:34 PM
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGoalieSystem View Post
If Staal returns it actually gives me some hope of them turning this series around.
To quote my favorite movie The Shawshank Redemption: "Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."

I have lost all hope on this team. Maybe if they win Games 3 and 4, but as of right now, this team's inconsistency has given me no reason to believe they can win 2 games of this series, let alone 4.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

NHLN says that Clowe is calling himself a game time decision.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:46 PM
nevesis

“@TSNBobMcKenzie: I don't "know" anything for certain, but if Marc Staal plays for NYR tonight I "think" I will be not surprised.”

Old
05-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Fataldogg

Capitals win 3-1.

Honestly, I'm almost hoping that it is a sweep at this point so the organization will see some change. If we are swept, any hope... any hope AT ALL, that we part ways with the inept coaching staff?

I know, the Tortorella advocates will claim "the players need to take some responsibility" but at this point he's worn out his welcome. Time to part ways and move on.

I can't picture us getting any quality chances against Holtby. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if we only scored 1 goal the remainder of the series. Tonight will be more of the same. Players like Boyle and Pyatt will get ice time on the PP over players like Brassard, our best defense man will be stuck out for a 3-4 minute shift because Tortorella has absolutely no confidence in his team, and we will lose.

I'm getting really depressed with the predictability and non-sense choices of Torts.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:57 PM
ThisYearsModel

If being swept out 4 straight guaranteed Torts getting canned, I would be tempted to root for it. This just means I would avoid watching the games, because I cannot root against them. Torts is an ineffective motivator and terrible tactician. The bullying, intimidation approach is not working, nor is his boring, defensemen and wingers as human shields system successful.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:58 PM
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

Great GDT, no time to be fancy!

The Rangers have to keep possession of the puck more or they will be down by three after this is over. My advice, don't listen what Torts say about the middle zone and try play through it somehow and enter the offensive zone with the puck.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Wolfy
The Hobbit Rules!

I heard Zuccarello could be out if Clowe plays, do you agree?

Old
05-06-2013, 02:02 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Doubt it. Zucc has played well in this series so far. If Clowe plays Im guessing Asham sits.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Sure. Let's get less creative.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

reports were that zucc was on the point for PP this morning in practice. doubt he sits for clowe

Old
05-06-2013, 02:05 PM
JD123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
Doubt it. Zucc has played well in this series so far. If Clowe plays Im guessing Asham sits.
Serious?!?! What about Pyatt. This is a no brainer. HE BRINGS NOTHING TO THE TABLE!!! If the thought of sitting Zucc instead of Pyatt (if Clowe returns) then Tortorella deserves to be fired on the spot.
I have been watching Pyatt closely game in and game out he brings zero. Even his big frame is useless. At least Boyle has some skating legs and can PK. Same goes for Powe.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:06 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Jim Cerny: Marc Staal took part in morning skate today, but rushed out of locker room...clearly did not want to answer the "are you playing?" questions...just a hunch, I think he is in tonight

Live chat going on with Cerny right now at blueshirtsunited

Old
05-06-2013, 02:07 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD123 View Post
Serious?!?! What about Pyatt. This is a no brainer. HE BRINGS NOTHING TO THE TABLE!!! If the thought of sitting Zucc instead of Pyatt (if Clowe returns) then Tortorella deserves to be fired on the spot.
I have been watching Pyatt closely game in and game out he brings zero. Even his big frame is useless. At least Boyle has some skating legs and can PK. Same goes for Powe.
Im not the coach who makes the decisions. But judging on the past Im betting its Ash who sits.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
If that actually happens (Zuccarello being a healthy scratch) I am done with the Rangers for the remainder of Torts' reign.

05-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
If Staal is healthy enough to play, he needs to play. Period. If this is really just a "mental" thing with him? He needs to just get on the ice and play. Hopefully he is good to go tonight.

Closed Thread