HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-05-2013, 03:27 PM
  #901
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,817
vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
You sure they meant David? Cause I'd do that in a heartbeat and I've never met an Oilers fan to post sensible trade suggestions.
You didn't like the Gagner and the 7th overall pick for Duchene offer?

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 04:32 PM
  #902
hughdreamz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
My dream acquisition for the Avs would be Michael Grabner from the Islanders, but I doubt they'll ever let him go unless its an incredible deal. But here are my hopes for the off-season

Draft Jones
Sign Stalberg (second choice Simon Gagne)
Sign a veteran defenseman (either Scuderi or Regher)
Trade/buy out Zanon and Hunwick.

hughdreamz is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 05:07 PM
  #903
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,983
vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
You didn't like the Gagner and the 7th overall pick for Duchene offer?
Oh my goodness....

I try to steer clear of the Trade Boards, but this piqued my curiosity....

Wow, just wow.....I was truly left speechless

I wanted to touch on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsman
My argument isn't that Duchene is better, I just don't know how Hall can be such a consensus 100% better player.
To answer the bolded, I'd have to defer to one Mr. Barney Stinson for the answer



Taylor Hall is "newer" in the league, therefore he's younger, therefore he's automatically better

__________________


Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
RockLobster is online now  
Old
05-05-2013, 05:11 PM
  #904
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,032
vCash: 500
Hall is better than Duchene though...

Christian Litscher is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 05:20 PM
  #905
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,983
vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
Hall is better than Duchene though...
I respectfully disagree, and no, I won't turn the Trade thread into a Duchene vs. Hall thread. If you feel that Hall is better, then that's fine, all that means is that my opinion differs from yours, neither of us are wrong.

RockLobster is online now  
Old
05-05-2013, 05:23 PM
  #906
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,259
vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I respectfully disagree, and no, I won't turn the Trade thread into a Duchene vs. Hall thread. If you feel that Hall is better, then that's fine, all that means is that my opinion differs from yours, neither of us are wrong.
Well... technically one of you are wrong, because the odds of them both being equally skilled is extremely remote.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now  
Old
05-05-2013, 05:38 PM
  #907
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,935
vCash: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I respectfully disagree, and no, I won't turn the Trade thread into a Duchene vs. Hall thread. If you feel that Hall is better, then that's fine, all that means is that my opinion differs from yours, neither of us are wrong.
just say the man is wrong. that's the truth of it.
don't sugarcoat it and be all politically correct.

CalderKing21 is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 05:48 PM
  #908
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,513
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I respectfully disagree, and no, I won't turn the Trade thread into a Duchene vs. Hall thread. If you feel that Hall is better, then that's fine, all that means is that my opinion differs from yours, neither of us are wrong.
Well that doesn't make sense, one of you has to be wrong.

spoiler alert it's him. I'm a big fan of Hall's but Duchene is better in every aspect expect hitting and getting injured.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 05:51 PM
  #909
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,983
vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Well... technically one of you are wrong, because the odds of them both being equally skilled is extremely remote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
just say the man is wrong. that's the truth of it.
don't sugarcoat it and be all politically correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
Well that doesn't make sense, one of you has to be wrong.

spoiler alert it's him. I'm a big fan of Hall's but Duchene is better in every aspect expect hitting and getting injured.
Come on guys, like I said, my intention wasn't to turn this into a Duchene vs. Hall thread.

RockLobster is online now  
Old
05-05-2013, 05:56 PM
  #910
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,513
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Come on guys, like I said, my intention wasn't to turn this into a Duchene vs. Hall thread.
RL do we ever stay on topic or follow the rules? jkjk

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 06:09 PM
  #911
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,983
vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
RL do we ever stay on topic or follow the rules? jkjk

RockLobster is online now  
Old
05-05-2013, 07:04 PM
  #912
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,513
vCash: 250
Is that Andrew from Parks and rec?

If so, you really are awesome RL. <3<3<3

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 07:11 PM
  #913
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,983
vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
Is that Andrew from Parks and rec?

If so, you really are awesome RL. <3<3<3
Yes, it is one Andrew "Andy" Dwyer.

And because it is, you say that I'm "really awesome"?



Love ya D2M

RockLobster is online now  
Old
05-05-2013, 09:34 PM
  #914
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,319
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
Hall is better than Duchene though...

TwoPadStack is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 08:25 AM
  #915
Bensch88
Registered User
 
Bensch88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Matt Duchene Fanboy
Country: Germany
Posts: 107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Mate, who is that beautiful girl?

e:/ Ah, Cheryl Cole!


Last edited by Bensch88: 05-06-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: thank god for the internet
Bensch88 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 08:46 AM
  #916
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 15,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
This is just funny.

Colorado Avalanche is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:46 PM
  #917
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,935
vCash: 281
getting back on topic(tsk tsk tsk Rock)

there are a lot of moves to be made to shore up this team. we likely will need to move some of the dead weight on D, sign(well, trade for) a scoring forward and sign a vet D man like Scuderi or Regehr.

CalderKing21 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:04 PM
  #918
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,983
vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
getting back on topic(tsk tsk tsk Rock)

there are a lot of moves to be made to shore up this team. we likely will need to move some of the dead weight on D, sign(well, trade for) a scoring forward and sign a vet D man like Scuderi or Regehr.
I'm just not sure how we could fit in someone like Scuderi or Regher if we do in fact draft Jones...unless we do use a Buyout (not counting on it) or find a team dumb enough to take on SOB/Zanon, I kinda like Hunwick in the 7th D-man role

RockLobster is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:07 PM
  #919
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,662
vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I'm just not sure how we could fit in someone like Scuderi or Regher if we do in fact draft Jones...unless we do use a Buyout (not counting on it) or find a team dumb enough to take on SOB/Zanon, I kinda like Hunwick in the 7th D-man role
Hard decisions NEED to be made. If those hard decisions include starting O'Brien in the minors, so be it. The dude has a bad reputation and clearly doesn't want to change it (showing up in pictures with BizNasty in Vegas).

R S is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:14 PM
  #920
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,849
vCash: 500
Out of anybody on the team, I think that SOB is the most likely to be bought out. He is a known character problem. With coaches/management more than teammates, they seem to like him. No team will pay anything for that sort of player that is under contract for 2 more years at $2m. Not when you can pick up a player that can play his role, without the baggage for 500k-1m less.

henchman24 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:15 PM
  #921
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,983
vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Hard decisions NEED to be made. If those hard decisions include starting O'Brien in the minors, so be it. The dude has a bad reputation and clearly doesn't want to change it (showing up in pictures with BizNasty in Vegas).
I agree, hard decisions do need to be made, but I just don't see the Avs placing him in the minors, no matter how much his play may warrant it

RockLobster is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:50 PM
  #922
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I agree, hard decisions do need to be made, but I just don't see the Avs placing him in the minors, no matter how much his play may warrant it
His play isn't the problem IMO. In fact I thought he was okay this season and better than ROB and Zanon. The problem tends to be his attitude. He needs to be traded for a bag of pucks or bought out... sadly I don't think either happens.


Last edited by henchman24: 05-06-2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: I forgot the n't... which completely changes what I was trying to say
henchman24 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 02:04 PM
  #923
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,662
vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I agree, hard decisions do need to be made, but I just don't see the Avs placing him in the minors, no matter how much his play may warrant it
His play isn't the problem. It's his attitude and it's pretty clear he was one of the guys that Giguere's rant was about. I also know some other pretty nasty rumours about things he's done since coming into the league.

R S is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 02:06 PM
  #924
icesniper
Registered User
 
icesniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
My own pipe dream scenario...

Anyway we could package Stastny, a prospect, or additional picks (this year or future) and bamboozle one of the teams picking in the two to five slot to give us their pick?

icesniper is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 02:09 PM
  #925
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,662
vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by icesniper View Post
My own pipe dream scenario...

Anyway we could package Stastny, a prospect, or additional picks (this year or future) and bamboozle one of the teams picking in the two to five slot to give us their pick?
Would have to be a good prospect and likely our 1st rounder in 2014 to even come close to making a deal.

A big reason for that is $$. Teams don't want to take on salary with the cap going down.

R S is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.