HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

GM 3: Sharks def. Canucks 5-2 - Lead Series 3-0 - FIRE EVERYTHING!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-06-2013, 12:35 PM
  #726
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Embrace the hate
Posts: 6,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc View Post
Gillis essentially made the decision to choose Raymond over Grabner. Maybe the correct decision at the time, but obviously a mistake - especially when you factor in how awful that trade was.
And to top it all off, Raymond will very likely walk this summer for nothing.

The Ballard trade was so bad that they had to burn a year off of Frank Corrados entry level deal by not playing Ballard.

So a year on Franky Corrados entry level deal can also be directly attributed to the Grabner trade.

LolClarkson* is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:46 PM
  #727
Sedinery2011
Registered User
 
Sedinery2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
How about the corrupt reffing? Logan Couture closes his hand on the puck and throws it out of the zone at a critical time in the game on a Canucks PP. Clear as day..no call on an objective rule. Same with that guy that covered the puck with his hand as it crossed the goal line. Even after video review. How can this be explained other than it being corruption?? seriously

Sedinery2011 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:00 PM
  #728
nutbar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
I watched the AV post-game presser again and boy does he look defeated. That usual arrogant and smug attitude is gone. I don't know how this team is going to play Tuesday but if the coach's demeanor is any indication it won't be pretty.
Schneider should be made to play the whole game Tuesday, as punishment.

nutbar is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:05 PM
  #729
Alan Jackson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,393
vCash: 500
I'm curious to see how full the building will be if there's a Game Five.

I can't imagine anybody wanting to spend that sort of money on this team right now.

Alan Jackson is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:06 PM
  #730
digger18
Registered User
 
digger18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Williams Lake B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
And to top it all off, Raymond will very likely walk this summer for nothing.

The Ballard trade was so bad that they had to burn a year off of Frank Corrados entry level deal by not playing Ballard.

So a year on Franky Corrados entry level deal can also be directly attributed to the Grabner trade.
Burning a year of Corrados ELC is in-excusable...Not because of the Ballard trade, but because we had a capable #6 short term fill-in (Barker) sitting in the press box wasting away. I can understand giving your young guys a look, but common, where was the foresight on that decision? It's not like utilizing Cam Barker would have caused this team to miss the playoffs.

digger18 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:07 PM
  #731
Taelin
Moderator
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jackson View Post
I'm curious to see how full the building will be if there's a Game Five.

I can't imagine anybody wanting to spend that sort of money on this tean right now.
I'll probably be there, since I don't think anyone will want to buy my tickets...

Or maybe I'll just let my dad and sister watch, because I can't bear to see the collapse live.

Taelin is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:09 PM
  #732
digger18
Registered User
 
digger18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Williams Lake B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedinery2011 View Post
How about the corrupt reffing? Logan Couture closes his hand on the puck and throws it out of the zone at a critical time in the game on a Canucks PP. Clear as day..no call on an objective rule. Same with that guy that covered the puck with his hand as it crossed the goal line. Even after video review. How can this be explained other than it being corruption?? seriously
We have become used to getting the short end of the officiating stick as Canucks fans at this point....It's not like that play was the difference in the game. Chances are the penalty shot attempt would have been fired right into Niemi's logo anyway.

digger18 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:10 PM
  #733
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
And to top it all off, Raymond will very likely walk this summer for nothing.

The Ballard trade was so bad that they had to burn a year off of Frank Corrados entry level deal by not playing Ballard.

So a year on Franky Corrados entry level deal can also be directly attributed to the Grabner trade.
That's on AV. Play Ballard instead of Corrado if that's your concern.

Barney Gumble is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:11 PM
  #734
Tim Calhoun
Troll *********
 
Tim Calhoun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: Mexico
Posts: 7,923
vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger18 View Post
Burning a year of Corrados ELC is in-excusable...Not because of the Ballard trade, but because we had a capable #6 short term fill-in (Barker) sitting in the press box wasting away. I can understand giving your young guys a look, but common, where was the foresight on that decision? It's not like utilizing Cam Barker would have caused this team to miss the playoffs.

Tim Calhoun is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:22 PM
  #735
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Embrace the hate
Posts: 6,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
That's on AV. Play Ballard instead of Corrado if that's your concern.
Nope, its on MG. MG gave him the choice.

Maybe Gillis knows he is done and that was a desperation move.

LolClarkson* is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:33 PM
  #736
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger18 View Post
Burning a year of Corrados ELC is in-excusable...Not because of the Ballard trade, but because we had a capable #6 short term fill-in (Barker) sitting in the press box wasting away. I can understand giving your young guys a look, but common, where was the foresight on that decision? It's not like utilizing Cam Barker would have caused this team to miss the playoffs.
Sorry, but people worried about burning up a year of an ELC are just looking for more to complain about.

Realty is, the effect is not going to be very large, and IMO, Corrado cemented a spot on the team next year with his play.

Already showed he was a better option than the other guys.

arsmaster is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:41 PM
  #737
digger18
Registered User
 
digger18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Williams Lake B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Sorry, but people worried about burning up a year of an ELC are just looking for more to complain about.

Realty is, the effect is not going to be very large, and IMO, Corrado cemented a spot on the team next year with his play.

Already showed he was a better option than the other guys.
The correct time for Corrado to cement his position on this roster should have been next training camp...The bottom line is that we lost a year of having him on the cheap, in an attempt to needlessly give the kid some extra games, when it definitely wasn't necessary. I like the idea he's getting some valuble playoff experience....however dressing him in those meaningless down the stretch games was a definite blunder IMO.

digger18 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:49 PM
  #738
NuxFan09
Registered User
 
NuxFan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Definitely they need goals.

Canucks miss Centres.

Good centres help make defenders look great, which helps make goalies look great.

What I'm noticing is that Vancouver doesn't have the centre depth to compete with the Sharks, probably the biggest factor in the lack of offense.

It's been pretty shocking how badly Thornton/Couture/Pavelski have outplayed Kesler/Hankypanky.

Missing Malholtra.
Not necessarily arguing with you, but it is shocking that we can say the Canucks don't have the center depth to compete with the Sharks when they can ice Henrik Sedin, Ryan Kesler and Derek Roy.

NuxFan09 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:53 PM
  #739
Fork
Registered User
 
Fork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 730
vCash: 500
were games 1 and 2 sold out?

Fork is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 02:11 PM
  #740
PRNuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
Nope, its on MG. MG gave him the choice.

Maybe Gillis knows he is done and that was a desperation move.
Yeah I'm thinking Gillis isn't looking that far down the road any more.

PRNuck is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 02:12 PM
  #741
PRNuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fork View Post
were games 1 and 2 sold out?
Don't think so, I saw untouched towels on seats well into the game.

PRNuck is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 02:15 PM
  #742
Flash Walken
Registered User
 
Flash Walken's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Not necessarily arguing with you, but it is shocking that we can say the Canucks don't have the center depth to compete with the Sharks when they can ice Henrik Sedin, Ryan Kesler and Derek Roy.
I'm surprised by it too.

Flash Walken is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 02:22 PM
  #743
Zarpan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Sorry, but people worried about burning up a year of an ELC are just looking for more to complain about.

Realty is, the effect is not going to be very large, and IMO, Corrado cemented a spot on the team next year with his play.

Already showed he was a better option than the other guys.
I agree. Burning a year of ELC doesn't make too much difference. What does it cost us? A million or two in cap space down the road? That cap space may be able to get a player that improves our team by one point over a replacement level player.

Zarpan is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 02:26 PM
  #744
Just another pawn
Registered User
 
Just another pawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,939
vCash: 1350
Wow seriously? No one is talking about game 4?

I'm expecting them to get blown out of the building.

AV will sit on the bench, and continue to chew. Immediately after the game he will attack Ballard, beating him to a bloody pulp in one last act of defiance.

Sedins will claim they didn't get the bounces, and they played well.

Kesler will look all pissed.

Raymond booked his flight prior the playoffs, and will depart from YVR to Mexico on Thursday.

Booth is in Michigan hunting ducks.

Gillis will find a severed horses head on his bed, courtesy of the Aquillini's.

Just another pawn is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 02:26 PM
  #745
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,480
vCash: 500
New pre-game thread is up.

Closed.

Mr. Canucklehead is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.