HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF // Game 4 // 9PM CT // St. Louis Blues @ LA Kings

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Thallis
We suck again!

vCash: 499
Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post
I understand fans have a fetish for hating McDonald right now but let's deal with reality. He was never going to come out the lineup.
especially not when he's 71% on faceoffs. McDonald has not been nearly as bad as people are saying.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I don't want to see Tarasenko on the 4th line though. I can see Hitch thinking that while in LA he can't get the matchups he wants so that line's effectiveness is lower, but I don't see Tarasenko helping the Blues by being on that line. If it's 4th line or out, I think he should be out. If he does sit out, Chris Stewart better be a difference maker in this game and the Blues better win.
I think Hitch might see it as by starting him on the 4th line, it gives him more options to juggle the lines during the game. Whether that is Sobotka, Stewart, Perron or whoever down to the fourth and Tarasenko up. I disagree with it. Put the best team out there, and that is the same lineup with Tarasenko in for Stewart.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:49 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
especially not when he's 71% on faceoffs. McDonald has not been nearly as bad as people are saying.
I agree.

Been most disappointed in Stewart by far.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:50 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Blues deserve their 2-1 lead. Dominated Game 1 and the aggregate play of Games 2 and 3 is justly 1 game apiece. Glad we still have home ice regardless of what happens tonight.

Tonight's going to be nervewracking.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:53 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
I think Hitch might see it as by starting him on the 4th line, it gives him more options to juggle the lines during the game. Whether that is Sobotka, Stewart, Perron or whoever down to the fourth and Tarasenko up. I disagree with it. Put the best team out there, and that is the same lineup with Tarasenko in for Stewart.
Then Hitch would be demoting the night's most ineffective player to a line that's been dictating tempo when it's out there. We both disagree with that idea. This is one of those close calls coaches have to make. So far I like what Hitch has done (his game 1 decision to sit Tarasenko in favor of keeping the CPR line intact was outstanding) but this is another risky one.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Fluff Master
Registered n00b

Right, if he's in then I want to see the return of Chris God Damn Stewart.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:57 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Quote:
Lou Korac ‏@lkorac10 44s
Hitch just had a conversation with Stewart, McDonald & Sobotka: http://yfrog.com/esszgqcbj #stlblues #bluesplayoffs
There's your "you have one more game to make an impact or there will be changes" conversation.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:57 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
thats true. he created the Leopold chance, had some nice set-ups (especially a great one on pp) and is hugh on the dot...but he is just not strong enough against LA. he gets knocked off the puck every damn time. that kills me.

I don't see how Hitch brings in Frank.
Sobi out and Steen as Centre? would break our best line that has been hugh at shutting down their skilled guys.
Cracknell out? would break up the CPR line and Frank would be pretty useless on the fourth line anyway.
sitting Schwartz? if he's not injured that would be a full ****** move
so that leaves Amac and Stew, both won't go out for more or less obvious reasons...

Old
05-06-2013, 01:58 PM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

This was the full-retardeness that I was talking about before the series.

The fact that Frank is even taking reps on the ****ing 4th line makes NO SENSE!

It's so obvious who SHOULD come out, but no.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Thallis
We suck again!

I actually don't mind Tarasenko on the 4th line. He's always gotten pretty low TOI this year and I don't think Hitch wants to shuffle him around mid game. The 4th line has definitely gotten pressure this series (Cracknell and Reaves both missed open nets last game) and Vladdi played well on the 4th line for SKA last year. Obviously the NHL and KHL fourth line makeups are a bit different, but I don't think Tarasenko starting there is such a bad thing. It makes him an option for the PP and gives you room to move him up if one of the other forwards are a nonfactor.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:07 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
I actually don't mind Tarasenko on the 4th line. He's always gotten pretty low TOI this year and I don't think Hitch wants to shuffle him around mid game. The 4th line has definitely gotten pressure this series (Cracknell and Reaves both missed open nets last game) and Vladdi played well on the 4th line for SKA last year. Obviously the NHL and KHL fourth line makeups are a bit different, but I don't think Tarasenko starting there is such a bad thing. It makes him an option for the PP and gives you room to move him up if one of the other forwards are a nonfactor.
I'm not even an Amac hater as lots of others here but even think of the idea to have Vladi as an option for the PP but still see Andy getting the crucial PP mins makes me angry...and nothing other would happen

Old
05-06-2013, 02:07 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
I could see Tarasenko slotting in to the 4th line, and then getting shifts on other lines depending how guys like McDonald and Stewart are playing. Also depending on how he responds to playoff hockey. Right not the onus is on Tarasenko (assuming he starts) to show he's re-energized from the end of the season and is able to play the style the team is playing at this time.

Being in a limited (but flexible) role is a good first step. It would be nice to see LAK have to deal with the headache of Frank busting out all over.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:20 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Tarasenko in for Cracknell.

There you go.

I was wrong and am quite surprised it's Cracknell and not Stewart.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:21 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Wow, in for Cracknell. This better pay off.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Thallis
We suck again!

JR just tweeted Tarasenko in for Cracknell.

Edit: Beaten. I think this is a good move. Small steps first.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:27 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

the key of competing with them this year was physicality and a very high energy level...that move does't make sense to me right now. but again, in Hitch we trust!

Old
05-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Novacain

Hate it. Hate it a lot. As much as I love Hitchcoco, I have disliked a lot of his decisions these playoffs.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:31 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Maybe he's trying to force the Kings to change their line matchups. IF Reaves and Porter can create some chances through the forecheck and Tarasenko plays the energetic game we need, that line could produce some scoring chances. And if it does, maybe the Kings think about switching their line matches.

He probably told McDonald, Stewart and Sobotka that they're the three we need more from and if he doesn't see it and Tarasenko's playing well, be prepared for an in-game demotion to the 4th line.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Skew06

Wow. That makes no sense. Replace the guy who has given his body and soul for this team the last few games in the playoffs instead of replacing chris stewart or andy mcdonald? We lose.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:33 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

At least Tarasenko can hopefully also get PP time. That's where we really need him.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Maxil

Very curious. I'm glad he didn't wait till later in the series. However I would also say myself this is franks only chance in this series unless he shows up with some fire. Can't wait to see how he might be able to respond in a playoff situation

Old
05-06-2013, 02:41 PM
moolah3i4
Long Live The Note.

Maybe move Stewart to the 4th line and make him use his body, and move Tank up.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:45 PM
ExJbeck

Well I like Tarasenko coming in, I just hate Cracknell going out. Stewart should be sitting. If we win tonight, I will careless. If we lose and it's obvious that putting Tarasenko in or leaving Stewart in was a mistake, I will be angry.

And I honestly don't see Stewart ever becoming the guy that finishes his check, which is what I am looking for. He reminds me of Pau Gasol that will fight.

Last edited by ExJbeck: 05-06-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old
05-06-2013, 02:52 PM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Well that was stupid.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Brentaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
the key of competing with them this year was physicality and a very high energy level...that move does't make sense to me right now. but again, in Hitch we trust!
I'm glad Hitch and the coaching staff decided to do this today rather than wait until game 5. From Hitch's remarks in JR's blog this morning, it sounded like Tarasenko will bring a fresh perspective (and body) to the game.

Replacing a 7.5-minute-a-game player in Cracknell who, thus far, has contributed great energy, a half-dozen-or-so hits, a few shots, and a few seconds on the PP for someone of #91's caliber seems as low a risk move as they come.

And if it pays off for the team in the end, even better.

Regardless, Frank can move up the lines (and others down) as play warrants in order to give the team their best chance at winning. It's a smart move, at least on paper, so here's to hoping it works on ice.

Closed Thread