HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rick Nash

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2013, 02:59 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Rick Nash

The old Nash thread was locked, so I figured i'd make another one.

Are we still happy with him? My answer is a resounding no. I'm curious what other Rangers fans think, but i'm starting to sour on him. Sure, it's two games into the playoffs but he's looked awful in both of them sans one chance in game 2, and I think if it wasn't for Stepan pulling us into the playoffs I would've soured on his inability to carry the team long ago. If it wasn't for the fact it was a short season i'd be all on the overrated bandwagon, and right now I already think he's just as much a floater as everybody cried Gabby was, but i'm willing to give him one more playoffs before I truly dislike him.

Hopefully he suddenly wakes up. Another typical performance in game 3 is beyond unacceptable.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:00 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
He's getting chances. He hasn't finished on them. 11 shots over two games.

No one has really been effective outside of Hagelin.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
05-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
inch away from GWG in game 2.

if that goes, everyone sings a different tune.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

I thought he was really good in the latter half of game 2.

I think hes pretty soft for his size, but his offensive talent is undeniable, and it makes it difficult to complain.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:04 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

He's definitely been pretty ineffective for a while now. Not seeing the kind of effort level that's expected and needed.

RANGERS =
Old
05-06-2013, 03:05 PM
NYR Viper

He carries any line he is on. I still think they need to re-unite Hagelin-Stepan-Nash. It allowed Nash to not have to do ALL of the heavy-lifting on his line.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

He generally finds himself free from my criticism because it can be real awesome to watch him work for a scoring chance.

Refreshing to see after years of stagnant grinding BS.

05-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Get Richards off his line.

Time to reunite Hags-Step-Nash.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:06 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I thought he was really good in the latter half of game 2.

I think hes pretty soft for his size, but his offensive talent is undeniable, and it makes it difficult to complain.
I don't know. He's taking shots but besides the post in game two (which, i'll say, was a fantastic chance that he did create) I haven't been really wowed by him or his ability to create chances. For what he was supposed to be he's failed to deliver, and I really hope he starts delivering soon.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:08 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
inch away from GWG in game 2.

if that goes, everyone sings a different tune.
And the Caps were inches away from not winning the game. He HAS to pot that, and he didn't.

He just hasn't been the gamebreaker I expected after how great he was earlier in the season.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Kershaw

Honeymoon will be over with Nash IMO soon and people will need to eventually accept him as a good, but not great 1st line talent. His play early this year was very unsustainable relative to what he accomplished in his career. This got people deluded into thinking he is a franchise player. The same thing happened with Gabby in 09-10 when he really tailed off in March after scoring at near 100 pt pace for a large portion of the year. Both are good, but very streaky 1st line players. Nash was ridiculously streaky with Columbus last season.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Right now he's hasn't done enough to say we should have made the trade for him.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:17 PM
NYRKindms

He doesn't look like a gamer to me. too slow to get up to speed and with our strategy his one on one play is lost as there is usually never anyone cutting to the net to dish to.

Atleast he isn't taking those stupid frustration penalties like early in the season.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I don't know. He's taking shots but besides the post in game two (which, i'll say, was a fantastic chance that he did create) I haven't been really wowed by him or his ability to create chances. For what he was supposed to be he's failed to deliver, and I really hope he starts delivering soon.
Well, to be honest, Im not quite sure how any fans can complain about Rick Nash and then turn around and say this team has enough talent to compete.

If hes not getting the job done, then no one is.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:22 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Well, to be honest, Im not quite sure how any fans can complain about Rick Nash and then turn around and say this team has enough talent to compete.

If hes not getting the job done, then no one is.
IF Rick Nash was playing as a gamebreaker should, I think the series would be 1-1, and that's with a bunch of guys who still have yet to step up.

If Nash is playing like he was earlier in the season, and you have Stepan playing like he was, I think you do have the talent to compete. But the problem is neither of them have gotten it done right now in two really integral games.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:23 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Honeymoon will be over with Nash IMO soon and people will need to eventually accept him as a good, but not great 1st line talent. His play early this year was very unsustainable relative to what he accomplished in his career. This got people deluded into thinking he is a franchise player. The same thing happened with Gabby in 09-10 when he really tailed off in March after scoring at near 100 pt pace for a large portion of the year. Both are good, but very streaky 1st line players. Nash was ridiculously streaky with Columbus last season.
Uh, he was on pace for ~40 goals and 80 points on a team with an abysmal PP and a terrible offense. I'll take that and I'll call him an elite 1st line player.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Right now he's hasn't done enough to say we should have made the trade for him.
Agreed. I think I'd prefer 3 good roster players Erixon Anisimov and Dubinsky right now instead of Nash. It allows us to roll 3 scoring lines and 3 defense pairs. Both AA and Dubi help with our dreaded breakout game.

Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Hagelin-Brassard-Clowe
Zuccarello-Richards-Dorsett
Powe-Boyle-Asham

McDonagh-Girardi
Del Zotto-Moore
Erixon-Stralman

Old
05-06-2013, 03:25 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Agreed. I think I'd prefer 3 good roster players Erixon Anisimov and Dubinsky right now instead of Nash. It allows us to roll 3 scoring lines.

Hagelin-Brassard-Clowe
Powe-Boyle-Asham

McDonagh-Girardi
Del Zotto-Moore
Erixon-Stralman
I would not in the long run.

The Rangers most likely do not make the playoffs with those players.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:26 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Agreed. I think I'd prefer 3 good roster players Erixon Anisimov and Dubinsky right now instead of Nash. It allows us to roll 3 scoring lines and 3 defense pairs. Both AA and Dubi help with our dreaded breakout game.

Hagelin-Brassard-Clowe
Powe-Boyle-Asham

McDonagh-Girardi
Del Zotto-Moore
Erixon-Stralman
That top six is dreadful. I think the trade was absolutely, and still is, justified. Nash himself, however, has failed to deliver. We got him to make noise in the playoffs and he's done the opposite.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Yeah. 2 goal Dubinsky on the 1st line. Brilliant thinking.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Uh, he was on pace for ~40 goals and 80 points on a team with an abysmal PP and a terrible offense. I'll take that and I'll call him an elite 1st line player.
You're a fool, his production relative to Pi indicates he was playing 7.5 knots above average over his career.

To the OP, bro your agenda is showing. Resounding no? Ok!

Old
05-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
But not franchise player.

He's had worse career production than Gaborik and we got really no where with him as our main scorer. Nash isn't a puck possession phenom, nor spectacular specials teams player, so I don't consider him a franchise player at all. Maybe in Columbus.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Zappy

I love this topic.

When I bring up my annoyance with Nash in GDTs people get on my case and say HE HAS 40+ POINTS.

Yes, I am aware of that. But I am also seeing him make the same exact moves over and over again which are not fooling anyone anymore, not hustle to get the puck, and not really even making the big hits he could be making with his size.

I'm not saying he has to carry the team - but he should be a bit more relevant. Or, he can just be overrated and we can be blinded by the hype. I don't know anymore. I'm just disappointed.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
But not franchise player.

He's had worse career production than Gaborik and we got really no where with him as our main scorer. Nash isn't a puck possession phenom, nor spectacular specials teams player, so I don't consider him a franchise player at all. Maybe in Columbus.
How many other players on the team are there? How many of them performed up to last years standard? If the answer is two, you are correct. It's a team game, Nash has played like a first liner along with Stepan the rest of our team? Yeah not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitty22 View Post
I love this topic.

When I bring up my annoyance with Nash in GDTs people get on my case and say HE HAS 40+ POINTS.

Yes, I am aware of that. But I am also seeing him make the same exact moves over and over again which are not fooling anyone anymore, not hustle to get the puck, and not really even making the big hits he could be making with his size.

I'm not saying he has to carry the team - but he should be a bit more relevant. Or, he can just be overrated and we can be blinded by the hype. I don't know anymore. I'm just disappointed.
I don't think anyone is blinded by the hype, except for those dogging him constantly. He's performed as well or better than anyone who was an advocate for the trade expected him to this summer.

I find it really funny that you can't like Nash without being a "fan boy".

Old
05-06-2013, 03:30 PM
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline

Quote:

Hagelin-Brassard-Clowe
Powe-Boyle-Asham

McDonagh-Girardi
Del Zotto-Moore
Erixon-Stralman

Did you miss Stepan or am I missing something?

Closed Thread