HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Around NHL Part IV : The Final Chapter

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2013, 09:32 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post

So glad to see the Nucks down 3-0. That shot hits Couture in the face instead of the helmet who knows how bad it could have been.

Old
05-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
That Kassian trade was such a waste
Just an awful trade. They could be building around Kesler and Hodgson since the twins contracts are up after next season. Instead they got that plug.

Old
05-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Illinihockey

Looks like the Hawks will face the Sharks or Wings next round. Can't see Vancouver coming back.

Old
05-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

When they beat us in 2011 it swung the door open for their run. The Hawk demons were erased, The Preds are always tough but nothing but a speedbump, Sharks were up 3-0 but had to go 7 against the Wings and probably worn out and weren't a very fast team compared to this years. Vancouver looked good against Boston for two games then in Nuck fashion took a cheapshot and poked the bear and got destroyed after that.

Since Game 5 after they were in position to win a cup, they have played 10 playoff games and won 1. Every trade they have made outside of acquiring Christian Erhoff has done little to help them. Ballard, Booth, Roy, Kassian all useless.

Old
05-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

What I find funny is the backlash in Vancouver on the team. They act like they should be winning Cups every year. They had a great run in 2011 yet they lost anyways. Since the Cap in place.

2006 - no POs
2007- second round
2008 no POs
2009 second round
2010- second round
2011 SCF game 7 loss
2012 first round loss
2013 most likely first round loss

They justify their losses by saying they lost to the eventual Cup winner, Bettman is bias, Reffing is against Them. How about you play in a weak ass division that leads them to false sense of entitlement then when you play the Hawks, Ducks, Kings etc they're shocked they lose.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:48 PM
ChiGuySez
2013 SC Champions

Anytime Vancouver wants to show up, fine by me. Least they could do is stretch the series out and win a couple of games.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Anytime Vancouver wants to show up, fine by me. Least they could do is stretch the series out and win a couple of games.
Root for Detroit over Anaheim in 6 or 7

Old
05-06-2013, 02:08 PM
ChiGuySez
2013 SC Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Root for Detroit over Anaheim in 6 or 7
Them too and lets go Islanders.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

No discipline for a blatant cheap shot to the head, meanwhile Gryba got 2 games for not hitting someone in the head?

I hate the NHL and their "discipline" to call it a joke is not fair to the word joke.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I'm trying as hard as I can to be as bias free as possible. I realize I'm a Hawks fan posting on a Hawks board and the inherit bias that comes with that but for the life of me I can't understand how they can root for the Canucks in Vancouver.

Game 1 Bieksa is battling with some dude in front of the net and he spears him right in the crotch. That **** is ****ing dirty! It's embarrassing and they've been doing it all series, for 4 years now.

Kesler continues to dive and take cheapshots and he gets lauded for his work ethic and nuck fans cry when he doesn't get penalties. The Sedins are weak playoff chokers and they dive, embellish, and take cheapshots.

The major pieces of that team are just classless players that can't win when it matters. How can you root for that as a fan? How can it make you feel proud to wear one of there jerseys?

Nuck fans defend that organization by saying all teams dive and take cheapshots, which is 100% true. But no other team in the league makes it a staple of their game and has been doing it constantly since they were a playoff team.

I couldn't be happier to see that entire organization up in flames right now. From top to bottom they are a total mess. They're looking at another first round loss, if not a sweep, a terrible coach, Star players who disappear in the playoffs, no cap space with only 17 guys signed, and a GM who has no idea what he's doing. Again, couldn't be happier that they're struggling so much in every part of that organization.

Edit: Poor Luongo though. That dude is playing great and he deserves so much more than what he's been given.
I have never HATED! a team more then these Canucks. It's why when that poll was posted who is your most hated team I can't believe how many people chose the Red Wings. I know the Wings are the Hawks classic rival but they aren't the total cheap shot, whining, diving, dirty, POS that the entire Canucks organization is. Coach, GM, players, I bet their trainer and equipment manager are D-bags.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:29 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Well this rivalry will be a short lived one. The nucks are done being a competitive team for a while i think. They'll hover around that 6-8 seed for a few years but with no prospects and no cap space and the Sedins being ineffective/older, it'll be a very long time before they're relevant again

Old
05-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Well this rivalry will be a short lived one. The nucks are done being a competitive team for a while i think. They'll hover around that 6-8 seed for a few years but with no prospects and no cap space and the Sedins being ineffective/older, it'll be a very long time before they're relevant again
Plus Kesler is breaking down.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:36 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
they also traded away Hodgson and have an injury-prone Kesler. In a short time, their team is going to be centred entirely by bottom-6 players.

their prospect pool has to be one of the worst in the league.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Hodgson for Kassian.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:43 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 1948
They never had enough talent to be a top contender every year. They had that one chance and blew it. Now, they are just lacking talent and getting older. It's time to rebuild.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Illinihockey

Seriously, someone tell me how this team is going to compete going forward

http://www.capgeek.com/canucks

Old
05-06-2013, 03:58 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Seriously, someone tell me how this team is going to compete going forward

http://www.capgeek.com/canucks
even with 11 unsigned players they're already over the cap!

Old
05-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
even with 11 unsigned players they're already over the cap!
Right, they have a 17 man roster and are over the cap. They have to somehow sign 6 players without taking on any salary. So lets say they move Schneider and buyout Booth and Ballard. That gives them $12.4 mil in cap space to sign 9 players. Thats $1.3 mil per player....look at that again. Almost 40% of their roster will have to be making less than $1.3 mil per season. Thats about what Sheldon Brookbank makes this year and over half a million less than Michael Frolik.

Old
05-06-2013, 04:22 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Right, they have a 17 man roster and are over the cap. They have to somehow sign 6 players without taking on any salary. So lets say they move Schneider and buyout Booth and Ballard. That gives them $12.4 mil in cap space to sign 9 players. Thats $1.3 mil per player....look at that again. Almost 40% of their roster will have to be making less than $1.3 mil per season. Thats about what Sheldon Brookbank makes this year and over half a million less than Michael Frolik.
I don't think they move Schneider, even if that's the smarter thing to do - I think the are hell bent on moving Luongo (and he seems to want out, too)...and they will have trouble moving Luongo without taking on (or taking back) salary.

Old
05-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
I don't think they move Schneider, even if that's the smarter thing to do - I think the are hell bent on moving Luongo (and he seems to want out, too)...and they will have trouble moving Luongo without taking on (or taking back) salary.
I think its going to be impossible to find a team to take his contract. I could be wrong though. If they do move Luongo, it still doesn't significantly change their cap problems.

Old
05-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Bieksa ripping Thornton and Couture right now. maybe they are embellishing but the irony is delicious coming from the Nucks.

Old
05-06-2013, 04:48 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I think its going to be impossible to find a team to take his contract. I could be wrong though. If they do move Luongo, it still doesn't significantly change their cap problems.
I think it makes the problems worse (than if they were moving Schneider). Schneider's contract is shorter and less $...they will be able to command more favourable trade terms. With Luongo they may be forced to eat some of his salary (or take back salary in a trade) - even though GIllis keeps insisting that won't happen (although, who knows if he has a job much longer). Or, they maybe forced to give away Luongo for nothing (which obviously won't affect their cap space...but an egomaniac like Gillis might not go for it).

Old
05-06-2013, 05:02 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
Bieksa ripping Thornton and Couture right now. maybe they are embellishing but the irony is delicious coming from the Nucks.
From Bieksa...

Quote:
Thornton, another so-called Canadian
LOL what does that even mean!??? Is there a certain style of Canadian hockey that all Canadians are supposed to abide to that i'm not aware of?

Especially since its Bieksa, this is just pure hypocritical gold.

Full article...

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci...an-couture-and

Old
05-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Comedy gold. Get the brooms out.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Trance Kuja
#FreeMorin

Na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na. Hey, hey, hey. Goodbye.

Closed Thread