HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Cuts

Old
09-20-2006, 11:27 PM
kingsfan25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17 View Post
Yes, I agree that is most likely will not happen. But that doesn't stop me from thinking that it would be the best lineup. Let's face it, we are not coming close to a Cup this season anyway...
I actually wouldn't view your lineup as any kind of disadvantage...there'd still be enough vet presence on the 3rd and 4th lines to step in if it didn't work out.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 11:54 PM
Fat Elvis

The way I'm seeing it right now, I believe Ebel will be dealt along with a goalie if camp ends without injuries. As it is, he's looking at 4th line duty(or should it be doodee). He would be a nice addition with one of the goalies in a trade imo. Plus 3rd-4th line centers is something of excess for LA. Just a guess.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
And if you take O'Sullivan and Kopitar off of the roster, what are you left with: only the veterans and no rookies.First, they've said nothing about them playing in the top-6, just stepping up and being relied on. Second, I think that not mentioning the rookies has more to do with not wanting to put expectations on the them.

Actually at the Breakfast with the GM or whatever, they hinted at Thornton and McCauley stepping in the top 6.

Bottom line dude is that there is a slim chance both Kopitar at 19, and O'Sully at 20-21, are gonna both make this team. The Kings will not put that many young top 6'ers out there, and if there not in the top, they shouldn't be playing in LA right now. Marc Crawford will not go for it and it pushes guys like Army and Ebel down further on the line-up, and they've said they wanted those guys to play a large role in the commitee scoring and they both had good games the other night.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Game Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Actually at the Breakfast with the GM or whatever, they hinted at Thornton and McCauley stepping in the top 6.

Not sure what hint you were picking up on, but Lombardi said very directly after the breakfast that those guys are going to play on the third and fourth lines.

Game Misconduct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 05:53 PM
Fat Elvis

Not sure if the kids will be on the team when camp breaks. If the season ever starts to fall apart for LA, Id expect to see both Kopitar and O'Sullivan playing in the top 6. I just don't see this mangement going with the John Tripps vying for the 8th seed. Let the kids get thier feet wet once the season unfolds itself. But if strange things happen and LA is sitting with a playoff, LA would keep the lineup unchanged. imo

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 06:54 PM
McSorley 33

We might have an abundance of players right now to go a long with our abundance of injuries. Give it a less than a month into the season and their well plenty of room for all. It never seems to fail!

Kopitar and O'Sullivan will have all the time they need.

I give Anze less than a month in Manchester.

McSorley 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 06:58 PM
Cropduster

Noah Clarke must be looking impressive.....I would love for him to start with the big club

Cropduster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropduster View Post
Noah Clarke must be looking impressive.....I would love for him to start with the big club
Clarke always makes it to the final round of cuts. It might be because McCauley is hurt and the Kings want to carry an extra forward who they can sit or play and it wont hurt his development unlike Moulson, Kopitar, or Tukonen.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropduster View Post
I can't help but think that he's being kept around mainly because he's the other winger on the Kopitar-Frolov line. Maybe they feel that, to make Anze the most comfortable and give him the best chance of success, they don't want to change up one of his linemates just yet

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 08:09 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropduster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
I can't help but think that he's being kept around mainly because he's the other winger on the Kopitar-Frolov line.
I just don't see it. Pairing him with Frolov and Kopitar? Frankly, I'm a little surprised to read that you guys think Noah is even an NHL caliber player. He wasn't anything special last season in Manchester, and as far as I remember he's only been to LA once, and only for a game or maybe two. I think he's being kept around for the same reasons they keep Giuliano around...depth.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 08:22 PM
McSorley 33

Although Clarke is a California kid and I want to see him make it, he won't!

McSorley 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorley 33 View Post
Although Clarke is a California kid and I want to see him make it, he won't!

Give me Clarke over Giuliano anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
Frankly, I'm a little surprised to read that you guys think Noah is even an NHL caliber player.
In absolutely no way do I think that he's NHL-caliber. You must've misunderstood me.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote