HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2013, 04:47 PM
LeHabsMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
Instead of Army and Blunden sign McGratton and Bordeleau or John Scott.
None of the guys you named know how to play hockey.

Old
05-06-2013, 04:50 PM
CoconutHockey

I highly doubt Desharnais will get traded this summer. Have you ever heard "Buy Low, Sell High" ?? DD just had a rough season+playoffs so far, it would be absolutely dumb to get rid of him for nothing during the summer. Let him bounce back next year and then we will re-evaluate the situation.

Old
05-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

We need tougher player that can play hockey BUT that can actually win fights. We only have Prust that can do that. And i'm not talking about goon here (Even if i would take Bordeleau as 13th forward).

Player like:

- Ryan Reaves (He's just a beast)
- Kyle Clifford
- Jared Boll
- Ryane Clowe

etc.

I'm not talking about Bickell type of player. Bickell is inconsistent in physical play and doesn't know how to fight. He's a bit like Moen.

Oh, and btw, we need to start drafting some toughness up-front. We have no one right now in the system and that's sad. We need to start developping that kind of forward.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:16 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
I like guys like you. It is so easy to make your posts look really, really out of touch and foolish.

Best team in the NHL..........the Chicago Blackhawks.

Brandon Bollig.
6' 3", 215 pounds.

Regular Season
25 Games
Goals--ZERO
Assists--ZERO

Playoffs
3 Games
Goals--ZERO
Assists--ZERO

Players on the Chicago roster who weigh less than 200 lbs and know that Bollig will destroy anyone who messes with them.....
Kane, Sharp, Frolik, Shaw, Kruger

Yep, best team in the League and they have Brandon ****ing Bollig dressed for the Playoffs and on the bench and he hasnt scored a single point all season.

And we get to read your post above^^^^^and then think that it has some basis in reality.

Thanks man. Appreciate the opportunity to shed a little light on reality away from Montreal.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:36 PM
24get

vCash: 50
Quote:
Bordeleau has 116 hits with 6:06 TOI/G and 5 points.
Neil has 206 hits with 13:51 TOI/G and 12 points.

Seems comparable.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:52 PM
bud12

Mcgrattan have 3 goals in 20 games and skate 2X faster than Armstrong too. But he can't skate.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I like guys like you. It is so easy to make your posts look really, really out of touch and foolish.

Brandon Bollig.
6' 3", 215 pounds.

Regular Season
25 Games
Goals--ZERO
Assists--ZERO

Playoffs
3 Games
Goals--ZERO
Assists--ZERO

Players on the Chicago roster who weigh less than 200 lbs and know that Bollig will destroy anyone who messes with them.....

Yep, best team in the League and they have Brandon ****ing Bollig dressed for the Playoffs and on the bench and he hasnt scored a single point all season.

And we get to read your post above^^^^^and then think that it has some basis in reality.

Thanks man. Appreciate the opportunity to shed a little light on reality away from Montreal.
Bollig sucks and he isn't a deterrence at all ,, Look no further then Torres almost killing Hossa last year and Bollig doing nothing about it

Hawks fan have been hoping Ben Smith or Jeremy Morin (Guys who actually play hockey) will draw in

Old
05-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

Brandon Bollig.
6' 3", 215 pounds.

Regular Season
25 Games
Goals--ZERO
Assists--ZERO

Playoffs
3 Games
Goals--ZERO
Assists--ZERO

Well, I think a main reason why the Hawks can dress Bollig for 6-7 minutes is exactly because they have Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, Bolland, Saad, Shaw...
I mean, they have ten guys on that roster that's averaged over 20min/game so far in the POs.
We have 5 of them, and only one of them is a forward.

We don't have the top end talent that Chicago has, so having a guy waste a spot on the 4th line to pretty much go with 11 forwards is a lot more difficult for us.
That being said, when you have roster spots wasted by guys that don't contribute anyways (like say Moen this year), then it's not like we'd take much of a gamble.
But we must not think that having a guy like Bollig would protect our players from anything, and adding him alone is likely to change absolutely nothing to our reputation.

I have no problem adding a guy like Bollig on bottom lines (although I would want someone better at their role), but I think what is more important is to add guys like Clarkson, Clowe, and try moving Gorges for a bigger more physical Dman.
PK, Markov and Diaz should all play on different lines and be complimented by bigger physical more stay at home Dmen.

Old
05-06-2013, 06:06 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Bollig sucks and he isn't a deterrence at all ,, Look no further then Torres almost killing Hossa last year and Bollig doing nothing about it

Hawks fan have been hoping Ben Smith or Jeremy Morin (Guys who actually play hockey) will draw in
No offense, but all this post shows is that Joel Quenneville is a hell of a lot better at understanding hockey than you are.

Old
05-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Adam91

David Clarkson, please and thank you.

Old
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Well, I think a main reason why the Hawks can dress Bollig for 6-7 minutes is exactly because they have Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, Bolland, Saad, Shaw...
I mean, they have ten guys on that roster that's averaged over 20min/game so far in the POs.

We don't have the top end talent that Chicago has, so having a guy waste a spot on the 4th line to pretty much go with 11 forwards is a lot more difficult for us.
That being said, when you have roster spots wasted by guys that don't contribute anyways (like say Moen this year), then it's not like we'd take much of a gamble.
But we must not think that having a guy like Bollig would protect our players from anything, and adding him alone is likely to change absolutely nothing to our reputation.

I have no problem adding a guy like Bollig on bottom lines (although I would want someone better at their role), but I think what is more important is to add guys like Clarkson, Clowe, and try moving Gorges for a bigger more physical Dman.
PK, Markov and Diaz should all play on different lines and be complimented by bigger physical more stay at home Dmen.
What I highlighted in your post is what some people cannot or will not understand.

We already have dead weight on this team just occupying a spot.......and he cant/wont fight or stand up for his teammates.

And yes, we do need help on D with regard to size.

Old
PyrettaBlaze

I wonder what it would take to get Evander Kane..

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze: 05-06-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old
05-06-2013, 06:11 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
David Clarkson, please and thank you.
Pipe dream. Not happening.

Old
05-06-2013, 06:23 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:

Brandon Bollig.
6' 3", 215 pounds.

Regular Season
25 Games
Goals--ZERO
Assists--ZERO

Playoffs
3 Games
Goals--ZERO
Assists--ZERO

Montreal doent have half the offense that Chicago has. We cant waste a roster spot on someone like Bollig. But yeah im clueless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Quote:

This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
Bordeleau has 116 hits with 6:06 TOI/G and 5 points.
Neil has 206 hits with 13:51 TOI/G and 12 points.

Seems comparable.
Bordeleau is a decent 13th forward. He cant even crack the avs roster full time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Mcgrattan have 3 goals in 20 games and skate 2X faster than Armstrong too. But he can't skate.
His 3 goals makes him tied for his 3rd best career season. Half his career goals were scored this season.

6 goals, 13 assists for a whopping 19 points in 233 career NHL games! And hes already 31.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 05-06-2013 at 06:45 PM. Reason: merge
Old
05-06-2013, 06:33 PM
ClasslessGuy

Do the bruins have the space for Ference? i know it's just a temporary solution but a good one

Old
05-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Pipe dream. Not happening.
Prust was a pipe dream for many people too.

But it's kind of useless to talk about possible free agents when in the POs when nobody knows who will hit the market or not yet.

Old
05-06-2013, 06:44 PM
bud12

Quote:
His 3 goals makes him tied for his 3rd best career season. Half his career goals were scored this season.

6 goals, 13 assists for a whopping 19 points in 233 career NHL games! And hes already 31.
First, Bordeleau was a full timer with Colorado this year

Second, Mcgrattan trained really hard when he was send down in the ahl ( Providence and Syracuse). He's way better than before. That's why he played on the 3rd line at the end of the season in Calgary and on the 2nd unite pp in Syracuse.

Old
05-06-2013, 06:51 PM
BigHabs

Bergevin will go shopping a bit this offseason.

Forwards

Boyd Gordon
Viktor Stalberg
Eric Nystrom

Defense

Robyn Regehr

Pacioretty Plekanec Gallagher
Bourque Eller Gionta
Stalberg Desharnais Galchenyuk
Moen Gordon Prust

White / Nystrom

Regehr Subban
Markov Emelin
Tinordi Gorges

Diaz

Last edited by BigHabs: 05-06-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old
05-06-2013, 07:21 PM
yianik

The D is all signed up for next year, but next summer we have 4 UFAs, Cubes, Markov, Emelin and Diaz. Quite a few people haven't been happy with the Cubes resign but it makes sense to me. Cubes is at a stage in his career where he will gladly accept one year deals, hes a small but veteran warrior. To sign the big. crease clearing physical guy youd have to sign him to 3-5 years and pay up. In the upcoming season we will have our top 6 veteran d-men and a rookie, likely Tinordi as the 7th guy, who will fill in for injured players or because Cubes is given some nights off. Im sure Beaulieu will also get a lot more time. Cubes in his role and pay allows us to do this without screwing up the Cap. I think we need to sign Emelin as a priority not too long into the season because you don't want that guy getting too tempted to test UFA waters. I know we want to see how the knee holds up but I don't want to risk losing him. Diaz is very interesting. Before he was hurt he had become a top 4 PMD who would command big coin to resign or could be traded for something of good value. You could sign him long term or move him and try to fill his spot with the big, physical mean guy people talk about, likely through trade. Going the trade route likely means a younger guy who can be effective longer. PMDs are more valued than stay at home guys. Our PMD then are PK and Markov, who I don't think wed have trouble resigning, with young Beaulieu in the wings. If we keep Diaz then since I don't see Markov going anywhere , our D will pretty much stay as is for the next 2-3 years.

Old
05-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Countdown0
Painfully Honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
I want Cowen from Ottawa...

Package:
Tinordi
Kristo
Diaz

You have to give up something for something...Tinordi will NEVER be as good as Cowen
Sens fan coming in peace, flag of parley up and everything.

Brian Murray would never take that trade. After Karlsson, Cowen is the future of our defense. He's big, mobile, strong, can hit and fight, and can play with discipline. We don't need more d-men prospects or young guys either. We need goal scoring powerforward types and maybe a sniper or two.

Old
05-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown0 View Post
Sens fan coming in peace, flag of parley up and everything.

Brian Murray would never take that trade. After Karlsson, Cowen is the future of our defense. He's big, mobile, strong, can hit and fight, and can play with discipline. We don't need more d-men prospects or young guys either. We need goal scoring powerforward types and maybe a sniper or two.
You didn't really have to respond to that trade, it really makes no sense for you guys at all.

Old
05-06-2013, 07:37 PM
windycity

Quote:
You didn't really have to respond to that trade, it really makes no sense for you guys at all.
But it was an awesome NHL13 Trade!

Old
05-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Bieber fever

Anybody would take Malone for cheap ? (Is he's bough out or TB retain some salary ) He's a big guy and MT knows him but im not sure if he's done or not.

Old
05-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post
Bergevin will go shopping a bit this offseason.

Forwards

Boyd Gordon
Viktor Stalberg
Eric Nystrom

Defense

Robyn Regehr

Pacioretty Plekanec Gallagher
Bourque Eller Gionta
Stalberg Desharnais Galchenyuk
Moen Gordon Prust

White / Nystrom

Regehr Subban
Markov Emelin
Tinordi Gorges

Diaz
And that's supposed to help us?

Old
05-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
We need tougher player that can play hockey BUT that can actually win fights. We only have Prust that can do that. And i'm not talking about goon here (Even if i would take Bordeleau as 13th forward).

Player like:

- Ryan Reaves (He's just a beast)
- Kyle Clifford
- Jared Boll
- Ryane Clowe

etc.

I'm not talking about Bickell type of player. Bickell is inconsistent in physical play and doesn't know how to fight. He's a bit like Moen.

Oh, and btw, we need to start drafting some toughness up-front. We have no one right now in the system and that's sad. We need to start developping that kind of forward.
Kyle Clifford would be ideal! Chris Stewart would also be a great choice

Closed Thread