HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Developing defensemen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-06-2013, 01:23 PM
  #1
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,921
vCash: 500
Developing defensemen

Developing defensemen seems to be Nashville’s thing. I’ve always known that to be true but didn’t realize how true it actually was until I started really looking into it.

Here’s a list of defensemen that Nashville developed. Not all were drafted by Nashville but none had experience with any NHL team prior to Nashville and most spent some time with the Admirals first.

KImmo Timenon
Karlis Skrastins
Greg Zanon
Dan Hamhuis
Ryan Suter
Shea Weber
Kevin Klein
Victor Bartley
Alexander Sulzer
Jon Blum
Ryan Ellis
Cody Franson
Roman Josi
Marek Zidlicky

That’s kind of insane, I’m not even counting Mark Eaton as he did play a bit for Philly before going to the Admirals.

I didn’t count Ekholm either, not yet anyway.

Did I leave anyone out?

If we could have kept all our blueline would be insane.

Weber-Suter
Hamhuis-Josi
Klein-Timonen
Zanon-Franson


Last edited by triggrman: 05-06-2013 at 08:36 PM.
triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:13 PM
  #2
AintLifeGrand
Registered User
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thrasherville, GA
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
roman josi

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 03:00 PM
  #3
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,921
vCash: 500
man, see, I left out a big one.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 03:28 PM
  #4
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,951
vCash: 500
We are spoiled rotten. And this list will only grow, since we haven't had the same drafting span as most teams.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 03:39 PM
  #5
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 6,265
vCash: 500
Zidlicky
fringe Hutchinson

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 08:15 PM
  #6
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,921
vCash: 500
Zidlicky is another good one I left off.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 08:29 PM
  #7
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Zidlicky is another good one I left off.
Zidlicky was obtained in the Dunham trade with the Rangers.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 08:36 PM
  #8
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Zidlicky was obtained in the Dunham trade with the Rangers.
And? Nashville was the first NHL team he had ever played with.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 01:40 PM
  #9
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,289
vCash: 437
Developing is what we're good at; however, sometimes too much credit for drafting them. We spent awfully good picks on Blum and Ellis - Blum seems at "make or break" point and I don't see making being it, and Ellis - well, strength seems an issue that he's not getting over anytime soon.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 01:41 PM
  #10
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Developing is what we're good at; however, sometimes too much credit for drafting them. We spent awfully good picks on Blum and Ellis - Blum seems at "make or break" point and I don't see making being it, and Ellis - well, strength seems an issue that he's not getting over anytime soon.
Can't argue that.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:49 PM
  #11
adsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,397
vCash: 500
Marek Zidlicky was the only one that didn't play in Milwaukee in the OP.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 08:13 PM
  #12
Machinehead
Moderator
Because Rongos
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Land of no Defense
Country: United States
Posts: 44,882
vCash: 50
I always totally forget the Rangers drafted Zidlicky until someone mentions it....and then I forget again. Certainly feels like a pure Preds product.

That list is really amazing not just in terms of quantity but in terms of quality. It's actually a very small percentage of draftees that really "make it" and we have a plethora of NHL regulars here.

__________________
"Every thread needs a Brassard gif"

Stop being so salty
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:57 PM
  #13
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 16,329
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I always totally forget the Rangers drafted Zidlicky until someone mentions it....and then I forget again. Certainly feels like a pure Preds product.

That list is really amazing not just in terms of quantity but in terms of quality. It's actually a very small percentage of draftees that really "make it" and we have a plethora of NHL regulars here.
he really is a pure Preds product because he didnt agree to come to NA until he was traded. So he never really spent any time in the Rangers system

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 01:24 AM
  #14
braindead
Registered User
 
braindead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Developing is what we're good at; however, sometimes too much credit for drafting them. We spent awfully good picks on Blum and Ellis - Blum seems at "make or break" point and I don't see making being it, and Ellis - well, strength seems an issue that he's not getting over anytime soon.
Parent could be another exhibit in your argument, although maybe blame it on his back. I think Blum is taking the leisurely Klein route to success but will get there.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.