HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around Hockey XI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2013, 10:56 PM
davidbklyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
The NHL could make a real statement by issuing fines and suspensions ... but I sure hope they don't. This is as good as playoff hockey gets, and the league needs more of it.

Screw the yuppies and their European style hockey. We want intensity.
I agree, too. Save fines and suspensions for dirty hits that can/do cause injury.

I'm sensitive to the concussion issue- I just can't stand that these guys who are our heroes at times can wind up in such bad shape at such relatively young ages. It's a real shame. So I'm all for being aggressive with enforcing restrictions on dirty hits.

But an intense scrappy game is something different.

Just wanted to throw that out there after getting too riled up with the Abdelkader hit discussion on the mains...

Old
05-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
The NHL could make a real statement by issuing fines and suspensions ... but I sure hope they don't. This is as good as playoff hockey gets, and the league needs more of it.

Screw the yuppies and their European style hockey. We want intensity.
Intensity. Great. Chippiness? Awesome. Cheap-ass BS? No thanks. Lots of it in that Habs-Sens game yesterday, and there has been too much of it in these playoffs. Not enough to mar the postseason, just too much for my liking.

I don't know what you're about with "yuppies" and "Europeans". Been watching Coach's Corner?

Old
05-06-2013, 09:41 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

If any of you are interested in joining the NHL Fan Panel:

http://www.nhlfanfaceoff.com/

Just go there and click on "Join." They periodically send out surveys and polls to gauge interest and support for teams and media coverage, as well as playoff predictions, etc. It would be good to have a stronger CBJ representation, there, I think.

Old
05-06-2013, 09:43 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Intensity. Great. Chippiness? Awesome. Cheap-ass BS? No thanks. Lots of it in that Habs-Sens game yesterday, and there has been too much of it in these playoffs. Not enough to mar the postseason, just too much for my liking.

I don't know what you're about with "yuppies" and "Europeans". Been watching Coach's Corner?
Tend to agree. Asshattery is over the line. Not suspension worthy, but teams need to be put on notice. This could get way out of hand if they don't watch out.

Old
05-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

First home playoff game in TO since 2004 tonight. Despitre the oft-deserved rep of some TML fans, that is going to be one hell of an atmosphere. Will be interesting to see if the team is up to the moment.

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 05-06-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old
05-06-2013, 07:09 PM
major major

Quote:
First home playoff game in TO since 2004 tonight. Despitre the oft-deserved rep of some TML fans, that is going to be one hell of an atmosphere. Will be interesting to see if the team is up to the moment.
Looks like a great crowd in Toronto, although I'd expect there are still lots of rich pseudo-fans who just show up for part of a game and socialize as part of an extended night of partying and hopping about town. Toronto is always stuck with those people.

Don Cherry just said that the St. Louis - LA series is more physical than any series he's ever seen. Those are two mammoth teams going at it.

Old
05-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:

You caught me!

One thing I'll mention: The best playoff series I have ever seen have been series where hardly any penalties have been called, but were played so hard and physical, that by the end of it, both teams were virtually out of gas. While I'll agree that there was plenty of cheap/dirty stuff in that game, it's not often that I can wake up and see any NHL article on the front page of various news sources. As dangerous and cheap as it is, the publicity for the game can't hurt.

As for the European stuff, it's something that is making it's way up from junior hockey and will eventually find it's way into the pro game by default. An example would be the little "stop" signs on the backs of the jerseys, and suspensions for fighting. What's funny is that, I see more instances of guys taking cheap shots now than I ever have. I'm a believer that fighting certainly has it's place in the game ... had Ryan White not engaged Jared Cowen after his two-hander last night, do you think he would have had someone head hunting him later? Quite possible...

Old
05-06-2013, 07:53 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Nash looks like he's floating. WTH!

Old
05-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Richards is rubbing off on him

Old
05-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Matt Foley
Living in a van

Quote:
Didn't look good coming off the ice there at the end of the 2nd.

Old
05-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Milbury called out Nash at the 2nd intermission. Said he's playing on the perimeter, not wanting contact with anybody, not going to dirty areas.

I don't disagree.

Old
05-06-2013, 08:32 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
Milbury called out Nash at the 2nd intermission. Said he's playing on the perimeter, not wanting contact with anybody, not going to dirty areas.

I don't disagree.
Sounds all too familiar. Someone needs to rack him in the nuts to get him going.

Old
05-06-2013, 08:43 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

brassard putting on a show. 1g 2a. 3-2 lead for the rangers. I know its real early, but this looks like a horrible trade

Old
05-06-2013, 08:51 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
brassard putting on a show. 1g 2a. 3-2 lead for the rangers. I know its real early, but this looks like a horrible trade
I never liked the trade, but remember what many of us said about Brass before the trade. We said he'll blossom with a new start elsewhere, but he won't do it here. It's a bit of a shame, but his big production post-trade is no loss to us.

Old
05-06-2013, 09:03 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
I never liked the trade, but remember what many of us said about Brass before the trade. We said he'll blossom with a new start elsewhere, but he won't do it here. It's a bit of a shame, but his big production post-trade is no loss to us.
You're absolutely right. I'll add that we may have lost this trade, but we still won the Nash trade big.

Old
05-06-2013, 09:31 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

Many were hating on this Blues-Kings series. I think its awesome.

Old
05-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Many were hating on this Blues-Kings series. I think its awesome.
You heard it here first: That massive Quick contract will be viewed as quite the albatross by 2015.

05-06-2013, 09:45 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
You're absolutely right. I'll add that we may have lost this trade, but we still won the Nash trade big.
Uhh. It's a fair deal. Playoffs aside, Nash has been nothing but everything the Rangers wanted. Justl ike Dubi, Arty, and Timmy here. Fair deal.

Old
05-06-2013, 09:46 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
You heard it here first: That massive Quick contract will be viewed as quite the albatross by 2015.
Well, he was lights out last game.

2-2

Old
05-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

How can anyone be upset with either the Nash trade or the Gaborik trade?

Nash is a great player, but with him on the team, the team wasn't doing anything. The players we got in return have helped this team establish itself with an identity - something it never had in the past.

On the contrary, the Gaborik trade was born out of necessity above all else. It helped the team continue an incredible streak that left us finished tied for the last playoff spot in the league - something nobody would have dreamed up in February, or even early March. Yes, we had to pay to get him here - but what's important is that we retained all three of our first round picks in getting a guy with 40 goal skill. Brassard will never be anything more than a second line center ... and here, he wasn't even giving us enough of that. He needed a change of scenery bad - and sending him to New York was as big a help to him as it was to us. Same goes for John Moore, who was likely to be lost in the mix of young defensemen in the system, already surpassed by Tim Erixon, and made expendable by the solid defense of Dalton Prout, as well as upcoming Ryan Murray. The last piece, Derek Dorsett, is a third line wing at best ... while I'll miss his effort and determination, his production is easily replaceable, and we have a handful of other guys who do the same thing, only more effective.

I can't complain about either trade, with full honesty. Essentially, we part with Nash, a couple of mid round picks, Brassard, Dorsett, and Moore ... and come away with Dubinsky, Gaborik, Anisimov, Erixon, and a first. When you look at it that way, I think we upgraded on every player except for maybe Rick Nash ... and that's only because he brings more tangibles than Marian Gaborik.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Wings win OT.... series tied 2-2... ugh.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:35 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Wings win OT.... series tied 2-2... ugh.
DET can advance as long as LA and NYR lose

Old
05-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
DET can advance as long as LA and NYR lose
And then, as long as Detroit gets KO'd by Chicago in the next round ... who then loses to whoever they come up against ... who, in the end, loses to whoever comes out of the East.

All would be right with the world.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:45 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
And then, as long as Detroit gets KO'd by Chicago in the next round ... who then loses to whoever they come up against ... who, in the end, loses to whoever comes out of the East.

All would be right with the world.
Oh the dream scenarios.

Old
05-06-2013, 11:27 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Kopitar ties it

Closed Thread