HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Encompassing Tortorella..ella..ella..eh..eh...and Glen Cigar Thread Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
i know one thing.. pyatt would be in street cloths next game.. id bring newbury, haley even kreider in... guy isn't an every day player..
Is this the HF meme or was it something he actually did/didn't do? Because I thought he played a pretty solid game out there. He's not about to be flashy, but no one should expect that. He was given some PK time along with the PP, so if that's any indication it seems like he's gaining trust not losing it.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Richter Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Is this the HF meme or was it something he actually did/didn't do? Because I thought he played a pretty solid game out there. He's not about to be flashy, but no one should expect that. He was given some PK time along with the PP, so if that's any indication it seems like he's gaining trust not losing it.
He blatantly missed coverage of his point on the Mike Green goal. Not necessarily enough to sit him. But it was a pretty bad mistake. Unforced error. Gotta let the d-man have that guy down low.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Kershaw

Brian Leetch commented how badly the Rangers were dominated at ES, but their PP made up for it.

BlueshirtBanter should have an interesting piece up for tomorrow.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:46 PM
SA16
Two by two...

Cannot keep allowing the caps point men SO MUCH room every time they have the puck

Old
05-06-2013, 10:52 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Torts: "[Moore] is running our powerplay now."

Old
05-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter Scale View Post
He blatantly missed coverage of his point on the Mike Green goal. Not necessarily enough to sit him. But it was a pretty bad mistake. Unforced error. Gotta let the d-man have that guy down low.
Yeah, he just lost the man you see him twisting and turning on the play. It's not like he picked the wrong coverage, it's just one of those things that happen. It didn't seem like Torts thought Pyatt should benched, let alone scratched, for it though. I didn't notice any difference in his usage after it, but I could have missed it. It's not like he ever logs 30 minutes, he got his 13 tonight.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:56 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Yeah, he just lost the man you see him twisting and turning on the play. It's not like he picked the wrong coverage, it's just one of those things that happen. It didn't seem like Torts thought Pyatt should benched, let alone scratched, for it though. I didn't notice any difference in his usage after it, but I could have missed it. It's not like he ever logs 30 minutes, he got his 13 tonight.
Agreed. Was fine with Pyatt's game tonight he assisted on the Asham goal. Made a nice play along the boards.

05-06-2013, 11:47 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Torts: "[Moore] is running our powerplay now."
No problems with this.

Old
05-07-2013, 12:18 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Still giving Washington too much free reign in our zone with our collapsing defense and 5 on 5 PK scheme.

Thought the transitions looked good in the 2nd period. Went back to being "meh" after that.

Old
05-07-2013, 03:58 AM
Chimp

Nice to see we managed to scrap out a playoff win despite our two moronic coaches. They're not NHL caliber. Maybe they were once, not anymore. It's not that their strategy is flawed, it's dumb. It's not that many of their coaching decisions are questionable, they're incomprehensible.

This team really needs a new pair of coaches, but unfortunately, we will be stuck with them forever and it's sickening.

Old
05-07-2013, 04:06 AM
SKS

After seeing the game a bit late, I just had a rant in the Zucc thread.

I am done with Torts now. if he will never trust creative players who make things happen and seems to be consistent + players I dont want anything more to do with him.

Lets play hockey like most of the league has realized is the way to go in 2013.

I was with you for a while Torts but it took a win to give up on you completely.

Old
05-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Blue Blooded

Torts' gameplan in the playoffs seems to be: make sure you never give away the puck in the wrong area, always play it safe, Hank will keep us in it, and we are bound to score a few somehow. It is like we voluntarily give away the control and momentum of the game to the other team.

The players look both terrified and lobotomised out there, this doesn't look at all like the team from the reg. season.

I was never on the "fire Torts" bandwagon, but I've had enough - he has to go.

Old
05-07-2013, 08:55 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Nice to see we managed to scrap out a playoff win despite our two moronic coaches. They're not NHL caliber. Maybe they were once, not anymore. It's not that their strategy is flawed, it's dumb. It's not that many of their coaching decisions are questionable, they're incomprehensible.

This team really needs a new pair of coaches, but unfortunately, we will be stuck with them forever and it's sickening.
I can't wait for him to be gone either, but I will give him some credit for last night, specifically finally making some changes on the PP which seemed to help. Putting Moore and Zucc (although limited) out there. Next step would be to replace Girardi with Stralman on the PP and stop giving the caps all that time at the points.

Last edited by truebluegoalie: 05-07-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old
05-07-2013, 09:21 AM
NickyFotiu

When I see long term diehard Rangers fans saying it would be worth it to lose if it meant a new coach that illustrates how frustrated some fans are with Torts.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
When I see long term diehard Rangers fans saying it would be worth it to lose if it meant a new coach that illustrates how frustrated some fans are with Torts.
Complaining about it during a playoff run proves how insane and vindictive they are, IMO.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:29 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I have seen the same thing from people with Renney and Sather.

At some point, people just need to root for the team.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:30 AM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Complaining about it during a playoff run proves how insane and vindictive they are, IMO.
They are not insane. For right or wrong they see no hope with Torts so they are saying they would sacrifice short term pain if it would lead to long term happiness.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:32 AM
NikC

Even though i'm frustrated with Tortorella, I wont look past some of the good he's done. Regardless of how we finish this series, I think he'll stay on for one more year. I believe that with all the new faces that the lack of proper training camp/preparation hurt this staff considerably.

i fully expect him to integrate Krieder, Miller, and McIlrath into our system next season.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
They are not insane. For right or wrong they see no hope with Torts so they are saying they would sacrifice short term pain if it would lead to long term happiness.
They have ZERO clue on how to obtain this long term happiness you're talking about. Zero. They want blood, and they want it now. Complaining for the sake of complaining right after a playoff win is a sad, sad, thing.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:33 AM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I have seen the same thing from people with Renney and Sather.

At some point, people just need to root for the team.
You are probably right. Although I can also see their point of view. I've been a fan for almost 40 years and have only seen1 other coach as stubborn in all those years.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:37 AM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
They have ZERO clue on how to obtain this long term happiness you're talking about. Zero. They want blood, and they want it now. Complaining for the sake of complaining right after a playoff win is a sad, sad, thing.
You can not say that they have zero clue for a fact. Many teams through out history have had success after a coaching change. We won our only cup in the last 60 years after a coaching change.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
You are probably right. Although I can also see their point of view. I've been a fan for almost 40 years and have only seen1 other coach as stubborn in all those years.
The only one to win you a cup?

Old
05-07-2013, 09:40 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
No, that's just a simple fix and people are longing for red meat.

Give Sather another chance to hire another coach. What could go wrong?

05-07-2013, 09:40 AM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
The only one to win you a cup?
No Ted Sator. Keenan had his flaws for sure but he had the team scoring goals not playing conservatively most the time.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:47 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
No Ted Sator. Keenan had his flaws for sure but he had the team scoring goals not playing conservatively most the time.
I wonder if having the #2 point producer in NHL history, and one of the best offensive defenseman of all-time at his disposal helped Keenan get the team to score goals.

:

Closed Thread